Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a Sonesta Collection Luxury Resort
Ranked #90 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We have been on holiday to Sharm many times & can honestly say we love the place. The people of Egypt are lovely people to spend time with. Having stayed at the Sonesta Beach three times before my husband decided to surprise me with a return early March, this time to Le Royale. It was heaven. From the way you are greeted on arrival with the fruit cocktail & the very refreshing face cloths. The reception staff smiling & very efficient. Before you know it your in the very clean large room. The added touch of the fresh fruit platter is very nice & welcoming.
My husband had e.mailed before hand requesting a ground floor room leading onto one of the pools, when the patio door was opened our terrace was oh so large with our own relaxing sunbeds. I must thank Ayamn Saad who made it possible. That was the icing on the cake for me.

From day one we were made to feel so relaxed,the staff at Le-Royale cannot do enough for you, from the fluffy towels put onto the sunbeds every morning to the cappachino on tap. I have a problem with being intolerrant to fat, the hotel made sure I had skimmed milk behind the bar & a carton in our room,they only haved to be informed & they make every effort to have it right for you. Oh did I say the supplied slippers are really warm soft & comfortable when the winter evening goes a bit chilly, My only thought to the rooms, maybe a rug on the marble floor might be nice, the bed, well is so comfortable you never want to get out of it, I could have took it home.

I don't think we can put individual names down for recommendation, everybody in the complex deserves a very well done & thankyou. The cleaners work efficiently behind the scenes to make all correct in your room,reception & behind the bars down to the gardeners clipping & cleaning all day everyday, the bar & dining staff to the chefs. Every morning though the chef at Le Gondola would make my husband a wonderful breakfast, what it was I know not, but he enjoyed every drop of it with the chef smiling on looking.
I always managed to find something to eat, the salad crisp &freshly prepared every meal, I only wish I could have tried the deserts but I have it on very good authority (my husband) the food was wonderful. The deserts where to die for. Everywhere was so clean. As I said ALL the staff work very efficiently,quietly behind the scenes. I have raived so much since being home our very good friends are going to book for next year & I would tell everybody to go to Le Royale, but then there will not be enough rooms left for us when we want to go again, because go we will be back.. infact we will not stay anywhere else now.

We met some really wonderful people whilst we where there, Debbis & Dunc, sorry never got your names (Mr & Mrs Elgin) my hubby's nickname for them, A very lovely Dutch couple, We must say hello to Fadi & his family, thankyou all for making our holiday a very memorable one.

To all the staff at Le-Royale thankyou for being very proffessional at all times, friendly without being overbearing, the smiles on your faces everymorning or evening we felt were genuine.

I would recommend you all to go, you will not regret it
From Mr & Mrs John.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same size. All the rooms are quiet. a/c no problem with noise more sun for longer...
4 Thank HappyatMexicans

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Have just returned from a lovely holiday with fantastic weather.From entering Le Royale one could not fail to be impressed with its appearance.Everything spotlessly clean and a wonderful greeting.We were given a cocktail, and booked in with no fuss and extreme efficiency.Mohammed El Said, who is the greatest asset the hotel could have, then took us to our rooms which were exactly as we had requested and more.The rooms are so beautifully furnished and equiped and again so clean. Beds and pillows so comfortable and I think the best we have had in Egypt.The pool attendant Mohammed, at the Byblos pool,is a wonderful worker and does all he can to make your stay perfect, as are the Security Guards between the two complexes. Again the maintainance staff are very efficient and come as soon as they are required.Now to our only area of disappointment - dining! at the La Gondola. It is the first hotel we have been to where one has to go outside to collect your main meal ( other than for a bar-b-que) which to my mind creates a lot of people wandering in and out.The food was of a great standard, thank you Khaled, but sadly on three occasions was cold, all of it! The biggest problem is the lack of waiters.There were too few of them trying to cope with too many people, and their individual requests.They should not have to be responsible for filling up the depleted food as well as trying to clear and set up tables. Here again the hardest worker was Mohammed Moustaffa who tried to fulfill everyones needs. All the staff are so friendly and kind and go out of their way to help.Come on Le Royale - with just a little more thought this really could be the five star that it is billed as !! Our thanks to the Reception Staff who did all they could to help in many ways and attended to our needs, efficiently and courteously and to the Manager,Taha Messed, for facilitating my pre arrival requests.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be of a similar standard.Room 5155 gets the afternoon sun and overlooks the Bybl...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel or its staff to fellow holiday makers. It is the perfect hotel to be relaxed, chilled and spoilt. The staff cannot do enough for you and are there on hand with a friendly smile. We stayed in a room around the Babylon bar and pool , which we nicknamed Mohammeds pool. He took such great care of this area. The bar is open 24 hrs but is not noisy. The staff are amazing!! The hotel itself has 10 pools, some are heated and all are spotlessly clean. The rooms are very elegant with quality fuirniture and a superking bed which was so comfortable, sheets were changed everyday. The food was very good with plenty of choice, I would recommend dining at the Tandoori restaurant!!!! I would recommend the "Le Royal" part of Sonesta Beach for couples, mature groups and older families and the other Sonesta Beach part of the hotel for families with smaller children. I would not hesitate in going here again and actually had a little weep when I had to check out :-(((

1 Thank Sharron9966
Wigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed at the Sonesta last year and was impressed with the hotel but took note of the reviews of Le Royale which is a semi secret area within the same complex. Le Royale is without doubt a fantastic hotel with better quality furnishings, pool area and facilitating the ability to relax. It is a higher standard than the norm and well worth the extra. We had emailed the hotel in advance with our room preference and for a Taxi pick up which were both managed to our expectation. Mohamed Hassan and Ibrahim Hiekel at reception were great, always smiling and managed my many requests, including arranging delivery of Anniversary flowers to the room. Special thanks to Mohamed Elsaid whose unique style of showing you your room and the hotel facilities was not just entertaining but informative. Room 5053 has many advantages (own sun beds, large patio area, same level as pool and gets late sun). Apologies for not getting his name but the pool attendant was brilliant in making sure everything was ok. Service from the 24 hour (yes thats not a mistype) 24 hr bar was exceptional and the bar food just awesome. As I am talking food the La Gondola offered excellant choice and so much good food I ended up have little bits of everything. The Spinach in cream was to die for, Chef Khaled has certainly brought a high standard to this restaurant. Location is good and we regularly walked into Narma Bay along the front. Special event at the hotel was the Seafood meal at the beach bar which offered lobster, salmon, and mega prawns mixed with Spanish Guitarist, belly dancer and a dervish. We will be going back, without question as it is hard to beat perfection, well you could by offering wine outside of meal times but that is a very minor niggle on an very well run hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms 2051, 2053, 2055 all offer bigger patio area and get late sun
3 Thank HarryandSueWigan
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 10 night stay. After a 90 minute wait for our luggage at the airport we were welcomed with refreshing lemon towels and fresh fruit cocktail. Lovely! After a very short and eficient check in we were escorted to our room and wow what a great suprise. It was even better than we expected. Bathroom to die for, huge bed, big television, a welcoming bowl of fruit and a lovely view of one of the three stunning pools. Reception staff and porters very helpful in making you feel at home from the minute you arrive. Plently of choice at breakfast the next morning and loads of room around the central pool. Big thanks to Islam who looked after us every day with a happy smile. He, along with all the staff, made such an effort to remember your name from the first day that they should all be comended for their amazing memories! Food is fine and you would have to be really picky if you could not find something tasty and of good quality to eat. Big thanks to Mohammed at The Gondola for his constant smile and attentive service. And to both the chefs who were always engaging and do a great job even under the miday sun. Our room was always clean and emaculate and we were asked on more than one occasion if we were happy with the standard of the daily service. We were.Finally, and saving the best until last, the staff at the Pool Bar. You are all fantastic! With special thanks to the following. Fawzy,Alaa and Ahmed. YOU GUYS MADE OUR STAY! You all work so hard and such long hours but are always so helpful and kind. We will be back and hope you are all there as it would not be the same without you. If you ars thinking of going to Sharmin the near future please try this Hotel. You will not regret it!

5 Thank Nigel M
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a Sonesta Collection Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Nigel M

Thank you for recommending our resort and complementing our staff , their aim is always to be up to your expectations , we are happy you liked the accommodation and the food too . Hope to have you as a regular guest at our resort
Lincoln England
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We went for a week of winter sun and booked through travel republic and had a lovely time. The rooms where the best we have stayed in on holiday in Egypt ask for room 5033 with a shared pool with two other rooms. The food was good nice and fresh and lots of choice we never eat out once and we usual do. The best thing about the holiday was the staff they really look after you and treated us like kings and queens we never go anywhere twice but we will return next year for some winter sun. I could of stayed there for a few more weeks of sun sand and cocktails and a bathroom to die for. We have stayed at the savoy in Sharm and this was better if you have booked this don,t worry you will have a great time.

Room Tip: ground floor pool room 5033 5032 5034
5 Thank kazzyLincolnEngland
SonestaEgypt, at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a Sonesta Collection Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear kazzyLincolnEngland

That was a really nice review , thank you for taking the time to share it with our readers , be sure we will always do our best to satisfy our guest's expectations . Hope to see you again soon .
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great hotel,we were welcomed very pleasantly by the receptionist,Mohamed hassan,who explained all about the hotel and it's grounds.
The room was fantastic and luxurious and clean, and a complimentary fruit basket was placed on the table welcoming us to the hotel.
We went to the bar beside the heated swimming pool,and had a few beers before we went to our evening meal.we were welcomed to the restaurant by our waiter,Mohamed who was friendly and kept us topped up with alcohol throughout our meal,be aware that wine is only served free whilst you are dining ,but can be paid for after that!
The Le Royal part of the hotel is separate to the main Sonesta hotel, and a fiercesome looking guard with a sub machine gun and a knife clenched firmly in his teeth is there to stop any one entering the Le Royal bit(ok he is just an ordinary security guard,but don't let that fool you!) a separate bar and restaurant is provided for Le Royal guests,but you can use any pool or bar or restaurant within your stay.
There are a lot of things to do here ,there is a small beach and a salon to treat the wife to a beauty treatment and a small stage for entertainment or just watching the footie,the hotel has its own dive operation called Anthias divers,or you can visit Oonas divers around the corner,I myself used Oonas divers,because I was recommended them by friends,and I was not disappointed they were the ultimate professional dive outfit and a big thank you to Nick in the office and the divers Peter and amy(who can actually talk underwater!!)
The bar staff near the Le Royal reception are the best bar staff ever and you should definitely visit them,special thanks go to the cheeky but loveable,Alaa ,Fawzy and Ahmed,who will look after you and keep you topped up with your favourite tipples,spirits within the all inclusive are ok,but international brands are available at a charge.
When you get up in the morning seek out the eminem lookalike ,Aslam,he will change the towels on your sunbeds for you and generally look after you whilst you are at the pool.
All in all this hotel was probably the best hotel in Sharm we ever stayed at,and are already looking at going there again soon!
Hope this review is of some use to anybody hoping to visit Sharm,and feel free to contact me with any questions !
Cheers,dunk

Room Tip: Ask for a ground room,you just step out of your room and the pool is there on your doorstep
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family