Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beach Resort & Casino(Sharm El Sheikh)
Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Gafy Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Oonas Dive Club Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Albostan Park Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Al Bostan Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroyal sonestanaama bayamazing hotelspecial thanksanimation teampoolssunbedssharmholidaybidetguyswaiterssunbathing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We rarely write reviews but this one really deserves it. We have been to Egypt for our Summer holiday for the last 5 years. This was a first to Sharm and so good we went back at half term.
It is a total oasis of calm and luxury. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the most comfy beds we have ever had in Egypt and wall to wall marble in the en suites. The staff are lovely and could not be more helpful but never irritatingly so. Mohamed, Ibrahim and the rest of the team on reception always cheerful and fun. The seafood evening on the beach is definitely worth going to and you can use all the facilities and join in various entertainments at its sister hotel (the Sonesta Beach Resort) if you feel like it.
The ONLY "not great" is the food. If you are expecting cordon bleu you will be disappointed. It is all good but not brilliant, although the Indian is definitely a must.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms all appear to open onto one of the three pools.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Hen S
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Hen S

Thank you for this great review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and specially the sea food night and we hope to have you as a regular guest at our resort

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just returned from a 14 night stay at Le Royale Sonesta Luxury Collection Hotel.
WOW what a beautiful hotel it is kept immaculately clean, the gardens are beautiful, the food is lovely and there's plenty of choice even for those with a poor diet.
The staff are amazing they work so hard and always have a smile on their face. Every single member of staff give 100% and all deserve recognition. I would like to say a huge thanks to Reda our cleaner and the two guys on the pool bar who were so funny and cheeky. We enjoyed our stay so much we are returning next year and bringing our family. If you want a holiday that's totally relaxing in a 5 star plus hotel then look no further you will not be disappointed believe me.
I would also recommend the Seafood night on the beach we had a lovely evening, the entertainment was great and the food was fab.
My Husband booked as a surprise a romantic meal for two on the beach, this I would recommend it was something special that I will always remember, a table for two with our own waiter, candles lighting the area around us and the sea lapping up on the beach.... truly romantic.
Thankyou Le Royale Sonesta for making our holiday one we will aiways remember.

Our only let down was the WIFI you have to pay for it unless you book directly with the hotel yourself. Nowadays it should be free. I myself own holiday accommodation in the UK and offer free WIFI its a part of every day life and is essential when you own a business.
Please don't let this put you off staying there are plenty of bars offering free WIFI nearby.

TIP: take plenty of mosquito spray! There is no need to get up early for a sunbed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, our swim up room was amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pauline M

Dear 154Pauline32

We are happy you had such a nice time and had fun with your husband's surprise dinner , it is always our pleasure to receive beautiful comments from our guests , thank you for recommending our resort and we hope to have you as a regular guest .

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was my first trip to Egypt and we booked a week at Royale Sonesta following the rave reviews on trip advisor.

We arrived at night, and were greeted at the gates where our bags we're taken for us, we were seated and given hot towels and fresh juice which was nice after our tiring journey and he hustle and bustle of the airport.

We were shown to our first floor room overlooking the middle pool - the room was beautiful and huge. The bed was big and comfy, and most importantly the air con was lovely and cool and not too noisy!

We were all inclusive, and so had wristbands that meant we could get free food and some drinks - I did unfortunately find that the alcohol included in the all inclusive deal wasn't particularly high quality and wine wasn't included in the package, which was a real shame. We also had hoped for poolside pool service, which we unfortunately didn't get which would have been a nice touch for a 5* hotel.

The hotel was lovely and quiet when we visited, with us sometimes having the pool completely to ourselves which meant our holiday was beautifully relaxing.

Our room was cleaned and tidied daily, and the cleaner was always very polite and friendly - he was also creative with the tidying of my clothes, often found my dresses laid out nicely on the bed!

The restaurant set up Is a bit strange as you have to go into the sister hotel resort which is no where near as luxurious as the royale Sonesta resort. This really did let the side down for us a bit, the food seemed to be aimed towards the Russian holidaymakers more so than the UK. Food was all buffet style, some hot, some cold....we did pay to eat from the Italian and Indian menu (still the same restaurant but you do get table service) we did think it was a shame that as all inclusive guests we had to serve ourselves and pay if we wanted table service. It really would make the resort 10 times better if they had they're own restaurant in the hotel grounds where guests are served.

I unfortunately did get the dreaded tummy bug on my second day, which meant I was a lot less adventurous with what I ate and stuck to bread and pasta most of the time. We spoke to some other guests who told us they were actually staying at the hotel free of charge as a gesture of goodwill following a case of nasty food poisoning a few months earlier - so this made us really wary of eating much.

Another let down was the beach area - again you have to walk through the 3* sister resort to get to the beach, and the actual section for le royale Sonesta is really far away from the sea and the beds/sand weren't particularly great - cigarette burns in the beds. Again, no bed-side service, which we had hoped for - we only stayed 30 mins and didn't bother going back to the beach again!

It has to be said all the staff were very friendly, and made an effort to learn our names and strike up conversation with us - although more so with my boyfriend than with me. The pool attendant, Mohammed was particularly great.

Whilst we enjoyed our stay overall, there were a few niggles that made us feel this was more 4* than the 5* luxury we had hoped for.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room - the ones at the far pool have a swim up which we would have loved!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lucy-UK-87

Dear Lucy-UK-87

Thank you for your review , we are happy you liked our resort and you enjoyed your stay , I am sorry about having tummy problems but it happens sometimes due a different atmosphere as for the rooms , all our rooms are pool view as you required so maybe you need to clarify the issue of not getting a pool view room , please feel free to contact us again if you want . We hope we can host you again soon

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just back from a fabulous week at Sonesta Beach... We upgraded to the Royale for the last 3 nights... Wish we had done sooner. Beautiful in every aspect, fabulous food, staff exceptional, and the rooms... Oh my! The bed was huge and luxuriosly comfy...wanted to bring it home! There weren't too many people when we were there so we had the added bonus of having one of the pools ( heated) practically to ourselves. All I can say is if you get the chance then go to this hotel, I definitely will be back and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: To be honest I would be happy in any room at all.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sa56y
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Le Royale Sharm El Sheikh, a, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear sa56y,

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your time and had a relaxed holiday , we hope to host you soon at our resort for even a better visit

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at Le Royale beginning of November. It was our second visit this year and we had just as good time as the first visit. The hotel is perfect if you are looking for a really relaxing away from it all quiet holiday with guaranteed sunshine. We arranged for the hotel 'Limousine' (and I use that description loosely!) to collect us from the airport. It cost about £12, we E Mailed the hotel beforehand and the driver was waiting to collect us. We also used the service returning to the airport which was great as we just had to give an approx. time we wanted to leave and when we were ready we let reception know and the driver was waiting. The hotel is a small luxurious annex of The Sonesta Beach, with its own pools and restaurant. Guests can use all the facilities of the noisier more lively Sonesta beach, although we chose not to. The rooms are great, they are large with the most wonderful beds you will ever sleep in! There is a large TV in the room and a bathroom with bath and shower. Terraces and balconies are large. The pools are beautiful and sunbeds really luxurious too. The food in the restaurant was good and hot. The only slight negative is that the bar at Le Royale in the evening has Nil atmosphere, it is almost pitch black and has no background music so no-one really goes there. If you want 'Benidorm' type entertainment and bars you can sit in The Sonesta next door, but we would really have liked to sit and have a drink at Le Royale side. We took our drinks back to our room. However I can see completely why this hotel is voted No3 most romantic hotel in Sharm by Trip Advisor as my husband and I really enjoyed some quality relaxing time together. We will definitely be back and I highly recommend for a couple travelling on their own.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Higham1 ,

Thank you for this lovely review , I will report the entertainment issue and lack of music of the terrace to the management so they can take it into consideration. Waiting for your next visit