“Excellent”

Sea Magic Resort and Spa
Ranked #172 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here for 10 days and was worried because of the bad reviews but it was lovely and couldn't complain. The hotel was lovely and clean and all the staff were really friendly. The food was nice but it was the same every day so it got boring but there was a Chinese and Indian restaurant which were really nice. The animation team were really friendly and helpful (Ricky, Oleg, Alex, Becca and Captain). We had a problem where our water went yellow but staff were really good and handled it well although it seemed to bring massive cockroaches into the hotel room. It was a big hotel so from the main pool to the beach was a bit tiring as there was quite a lot of stairs, but there was a shuttle bus that runs frequently which was very handy. Overall I couldn't fault the hotel it really was lovely. The only thing is that you get hassled around the pool but you can put a flag down on your sun shade which stops them from hassling you. Would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is our second visit to the Sea Magic resort, and whilst it was disappointing that only a few restaurants were open we still had a lovely time. The weather was beautiful and hot, sometimes too hot but if your sensible in the sun you will be fine. Yes the food is very repetitive but you will always find something to eat, so you won't starve! We had a superior room which was ok the hotel overall needs some updating, the staff are all lovely and very helpful, We had a few cockroaches in our room but their more scared of us than we are of them. The snorkelling was good we would swim from one pontoon to the other you do need some coral shoes tho as you might get a nip from a few fish!!!!! We would go back again as we feel that you get value for your money, and some of the other reviews are quite harsh. I wouldn't rate the hotel as a five star, more a three. If money was spent on the hotel then gradually it would regain it's five star status!!! Have fun in the sun.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peter45
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

having visited here some 18 or so years ago when new I thought I would return. Bad idea. The rooms have not been changed in all this time. They are badly in need of a refurb. Lots of things were broken (wardrobe doors,display unit glass,toilet not flushing,bathroom ceiling leaking when above floor showered) I could go on but what really got me down was the lack of food. This hotel boasts 7 restaraunts and yes there are but only the main buffet and 2 a la carte were open. Hence you either paid extra or ate what was on offer in the main buffet. The food here was ,for the whole, barely passable. Then you have the odd snack bar which consists of fruit. The hot food at the beach was ok but exactly the same every single day(I kid you not) The animation team never spoke english, hence you never knew what was going on or where. The main areas were kept clean and the staff were very friendly. I am not a drinker so cant comment on that. I did ask if I could keep my room on as my flight home had been changed and was told I could and this would cost me 30euros. All I needed was somewhere to shower and change. I had met a couple from Kent and they let me use their room many thanks to them. Now I hadnt eaten their food nor drunk their beer, the site was only 1/3 full (hence restaraunts closed) and they want to charge me for a shower-I think not. I am told by a member of staff that in 2 months this site is being bought by a russian firm and being totally renavoted-not before time in my view but beware- whilst there is some sort of food choice for all now- there wont be after. Never again and a total shame as the site is fantastic.

Room Tip: bottom of site nice but restaraunt ther not in use
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

South Yorkshire
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Spend a fortnights holiday at sea magic last month, as from the 1st of may the hotel goes back to being called the pyramisa but staff were staying it will run just the same.we travelled as two adults and two children 13 and 11.Our room was very nice down overlooking the sea we had interconecting rooms which we didn,t expect to have room numbers 5108 and 5109 room was cleaned every day so no complaints. I Think the rooms with in the main hotel are not as good this is what people were saying.The food is ok I Would say the main restaurant is not great and you always have to queue,but what makes this hotel good is you have many other nice places to eat.we booked the chinese more than once no bother. we also eat at the sea food restaurant very good value for money. The bars at night are a bit boring but the waiters are always bringing your drinks . The swim up bar is very nice my husband liked the ice cold bottled beer.The animation team are not bothered about the english same goes for the kids club. The resort is huge the gardens and beach are very nice and the staff are all fantastic so this makes the hotel. we really enjoyed our stay would not return but thats because we like to try other hotels in sharm. If you have booked you will enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking sea
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mrsfuninthesun
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2012

if all you want to do is spend your time lying on a lounger at the pool this place will probably suit you fine not the cleanest of hotels but to be honest its not the worst i have seen either ,you will need to be tolerant of the russians ,most are ignorant with very bad manners and nowadays this is mostly a russian occupied hotel so expect to be vastly outnumbered .the food is about on par with most med hotels so could be rated as poor to average ,the staff are pleasant and friendly .but be aware as of the beginning of may the original owners pyramisa have reclaimed ownership and are making changes and having obseved the managements attitude the staff may well become less friendly and dissatisfied,and again there is little or nothing to do in the hotel complex after dark
NOT SUITABLE FOR DISABLED PEOPLE HERE all the hotel blocks are on differing levels with an awful lot of steps to traverse ,on a scale of 1 to 10 this hotel ranks 4 or 5

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Not enough words to describe how rubbish is this hotel. (Luckily we spent there only one night due to our flight been delayed by 24 hours). I think it's enough to mention that the first room we got was a cockroaches nursery, smelly and disgusting. After a fight with the receptionist, we managed to get another room just barely acceptable for that emergency setting worthy not more that a 2 stars hotel.

DON'T GO EVER TO THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leonard80
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our flight was delayed by 24 hours so we were sent to the Sea Magic Resort along with about 250 other people. During the mad scramble to check-in it became apparent that this was not a great place to stay. Slowly everyone returned to the hotel reception to complain that their rooms were filled with cockroaches. Unfortunately ours was too. This is truly the worst ‘5 Star’ hotel I have ever had the displeasure to stay in. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple