“Fantastic tour company”
Review of Sharm Day Tours

Sharm Day Tours
Ranked #110 of 258 Tours in Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: our company is unique in offering you tours and excursions that encompass both local cultures and historical sites. Our emphasis is on showing you all the diverse and colorful aspects of Egyptian life in all areas of society which you wouldn't experience from traditional tours. You will experience many different social settings and get to see the real Egypt, the real people, the real way of life.
Swansea
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour company”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I booked two trips with Sharm Day Tours online before leaving the UK as the prices and reviews were both good. I went on a boat trip to Ras Mohammed which included two snorkelling stops and one for diving. I had never tried diving before and wasn't sure I would be able to do it but the divemaster was really reassuring and it was fine. The colours on the corals and the fish have to be seen to be believed!
I also booked a day trip to Cairo by air and it was amazing, a very full day which flew by. Due to the elections a lot of people had been put off and so the pyramids were really quiet and peaceful, much to my delight. The Egyptian museum was incredible although you really need at least a full day to see everything. We were met at Cairo airport by Hassan who was so cheerful and knowledgable, he really made the trip smooth and enjoyable.
Ahmed from Sharm Day tours was incredibly helpful and the communication was excellent. He kept texting me with pick up times etc, and to check that everything was going ok. I really cannot recommend this company enough and would not hesitate to use them again. Thank you Ahmed for making my stay in Egypt so special!

Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service by SharmDayTours”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hello Ahmed!
I just wanted to say a HUGE Thank you to you and Ali and Hesham for all your efforts and ensuring we had a smooth happy time in Egypt.
You were all so helpful and friendly and put us at ease as all was organised to such a high standard.
Ali was so friendly and considerate even when my husband Mani and I were late for our early morning pick up from the hotel. Never made us feel bad and was helpful,polite and professional at all times.
Hesham was absolutely EXCELLENT! Such a pleasure to spend those 2 days with him. He has great knowledge of Egypt, history and religion and we truly felt we learnt SO much from him. He was always caring and considerate to us all including my parents who often were a bit slower with travelling and needed help with steep steps etc. He was even very patient when they wanted to look around the markets! Hesham is a very warm friendly man and will stay in our hearts. We have already decided that we would love to return to Egypt to tour Luxor and we will be organising all tours with you and hope that we could tour with Hesham being our guide again.
Our driver also deserves a mention as he was a lovely man- excellent control and a calm nature when driving through the busy roads of Cairo. He always managed to make sure we reached our destinations in due time. We could always trust him with our belongings and valuables in his mini van.
Overall we are sad to be back in England and wish we had stayed in Egypt for longer but are glad that we had the chance to tour and learn what we did by using your company and meeting your fabulous staff.
We came to Egypt for my birthday and with your help it has been a very happy memorable birthday and will always be remembered. I cannot Thank you enough.
Our Thanks and appreciation go out to you all.

Visited November 2012
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A brilliant company!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Before we went on our holiday we booked a trip to Cairo and a trip to Luxor on their website. When we arrived in Sharm we met up with a rep to give our payment. The first trip we went on was the one to Cairo, we were picked up in a taxi at 4.20am and then went to pick up another couple from another hotel and went to the airport and were told that our guide would be meeting us outside Cairo airport. We arrived safely and met our guide called Hassan who was excellent! Spoke amazing English and was well educated and so knowledgable! We went to the Egyptian Museum, on a boat trip down the Nile, lunch by the Nile, to a Papyrus shop where we were shown how they make it, to see the Pyramids and then to a perfume shop. The trip was truely fantastic and our guide made it an incredible trip. We then booked 2 more trips with Sharm Day Tours as they were so good and the price was the best value for money. It was so easy to book, we just texted Ahmed who we had been in contact with about the Cairo and Luxor trip. We decided to go on a snorkeling trip to Ras Mohamed where we were picked up from our hotel and they took us down to the dive centre and helped us get all our equipment sorted, it was good to have him there as the dive centre was a bit manic! He then met us at the end of the day to take us back home. The other trip we booked was Camel Riding, Bedouin Dinner and Star Gazing in the desert.Our guide Ally was so fun and stayed with us the whole time, it was an amazing experience. We then went to Luxor, where we were picked up from our hotel at 4.20am and taken to the airport, met our guide in Luxor who once again had so much information to tell us. We saw the temple of Hatshepsut, went to the valley of the kings, saw the colossus of memnon had lunch by the Nile, went to the temple of Karnak. we finished early so we then payed a little extra to go on a boat trip down the Nile to Banana Island. Our guide here told us many historic stories and knew so much! I would highly recommend using Sharm Day Tours to go on any excursions as it is a brilliant price, the guides are fantastic, they were very reliable and a meal is included on all trips.

Visited November 2012
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sharm day tours trip to Cairo from Hurgharda”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Booked a trip with an over night stay in Cairo £120.00 each
We were picked up at 2.30 am from our hotel and were expecting an air conditioned coach!
But oh no we were packed like sardines in a can! in what can only be described as a mini van
Me and my husband were crushed & slowly cooked for just under 6 hours in the back seat of the mini bus which incidentally does not have the capability for the air conditioning to reach the back seat nor was there any leg space and we had to keep our luggage on our knees!As you can imagine when we arrived we were somewhat irritable; On arrival it seemed that we were the only English so they had to arrange for an English speaking guide to take us round. "Ali" although i am sure very knowledgeable on the sights of Cairo seemed bored taking us around the Egyptian museum and when at the pyramids and sphinx when we really could of done with a guide he decided he would give us "free time" to be harassed and ripped off by the so called official workers. These workers have photo id cards around there neck he promptly took my camera from my hands and started to take pictures, he then demanded money! my husband only had an Egyptian £20.00 note on him and when he offered it to him for his unwanted services he promptly threw it back and demanded more money or English pounds. He took the money and walked off calling us all the way!!! Then I took a picture of my husband near the sphinx A police man on a camel came up to me and said money because he thought i had taken a picture of him! Then came our " savior" OSAMA he took us to our hotel which was beautiful and fantastic food!. Osama our new guide picked us up from our hotel at 10.30 the following morning and what a difference from the day before.
.Osama was the perfect guide he was engaging knowledgeable and only to happy to make everything as perfect as possible. I only wish Osama had taken us around the sights on the first day. I have waited 40yrs to see the pyramids and it was a nightmare! but the sights on the second day with Osama where magical and very enjoyable. I hope Ahmed recognizes what an asset Osama is to sharm day tours.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank BeatrixLennoxCooper
Farnborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving and Snorkelling Trip”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I pre-booked a diving and snorkelling excursions for my boyfriend and I through Sharm Day Tours. All communication was done with Ahmed by email/text and he was very helpful. I had to confirm by text 2 days before that we still wanted to do the excursion and our pick up time was arranged. Our rep was Sam who spoke perfect English was very helpful and as the boat had very few people on (12 when normally there are 30-50 and only 3 snorkelling the rest diving) we had a very personal service. At one time it was only me and Sam snorkelling as the others got out early and he explained all the types of fish/coral which was very interesting. Snorkels and flippers are available to use for a charge of 20 egyptian pounds each (about £2).

My boyfriend did the diving from the same boat and in the same places just obviously deeper (went to about 10m), he has never done any diving before but felt at ease with the instructor and thoroughly enjoyed it, they went down in 2's with the instructor in between linking arms and controlling how deep they went etc.

The only down side was the waiting around for the boat at the dock which just seemed to be unorgainsed in general not Sharm Day tours fault (just lots of people waiting around for about 20 different boats when only a few can be boarded at a time once all forms are filled out!) Luckily the area was covered so we were in the shade and I guess just were unlucky to be the 2nd to last boat to leave!

I would recommend Sharm Day Tours to anybody and would use them again should I return to Egypt - Thank you

Visited September 2012