My mum and I stayed here for a week, booked via Thomas Cook. The room was lovely and clean and had everything we needed. We had a balcony looking out onto the pool area which was nice, but if you want privacy you definitely want to be on the ground/ first floor.
We overheard a lot of other Brits complaining about the selection of food, but we really enjoyed it! You're not in Britain so the food will be different! There was a selection of fruit, vegetables and meat and fish dishes every evening. Pastries, pancakes and ice-cream were all available for pudding :) Just be prepared for meals to appear slightly differently from how we would perhaps cook them- it's still delicious!
The staff were absolutely incredible, couldn't do enough for us. We had top service in the dining room, Mina looked after us in the bar, Sharif had it covered in the salon and on the beach. Numerous other members of staff brought us refill drinks without us even having to ask while in the bar and on the beach. Absolute stars, thank-you.
Great selection of pools, lovely beach and pretty gardens surrounding the hotel!
We visited Naama Bay, but weren't very impressed. Good for a pub crawl, but intimidating for 2 women alone during the day. There was next to nothing to do and lots of male traders vying for our attention. Wouldn't bother going back. Although we had a pleasant meal at the Hard Rock Cafe.
We were here for New Year and were invited to take part in the Gala Dinner. As there were only 2 of us we did end up sat with some strangers on a table for 6. Entertainment was good, the staff really made a massive effort to decorate the room and put on a show! It was a bit chaotic to say the least to actually get to the buffet purely because of the number of people attending. Top tip: don't be a polite Brit. All the Russians skip the queue so go for it too! Pile your plate high and aim to get all your courses in one trip! It was a fun night and ideal as all local restaurants were fully booked up (as our table companions found out when they decided to leave!)
Since our visit mum has already returned once and I would definitely go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sinai Peninsula in the "Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay" area along the Red Sea shore, just 7 km away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and from popular Na'ama Bay with its wide range of shops and bazaars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Sharm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Melia Sharm Resort And Spa