We have just returned from here and have to say we were very disappointed! It really should not be advertised as a 5* hotel. Definitely not worth what we paid.
The bathrooms were disgusting and in really bad condition. The food was average and we struggled to find food that we liked, there was not much variety at all. The entertainment was rubbish! Once you have seen once dancer, you have seen them all!
Some of the bar staff were extremely rude and clearly did not like serving women! The restaurant staff were the complete opposite, they were so good and happy to help anytime. In particular a guy called Sherif, he was great and always happy and helpful. (Maybe they can train the bar staff!)
The swimming pools were filthy and we only saw them be cleaned once in the whole time we were there. We did not like to use them as the layer of scum on the top was vile!
We did however have an amazing couple of evenings out at Soho Square. Definitely worth a visit.
Thomas Cook should also clarify in their brochure or online about the WIFI. You only get 15 minutes per room per day free of charge. I had to pay for my daughter to have WIFI.
We would not return to this hotel :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Sinai Peninsula in the "Montazah Ras Nasrany Bay" area along the Red Sea shore, just 7 km away from Sharm El Sheikh International Airport and from popular Na'ama Bay with its wide range of shops and bazaars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sharm Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Melia Sharm Resort And Spa