“The most amazing holiday ”
Review of Sharm Resort & Spa

Sharm Resort & Spa
Ranked #84 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“The most amazing holiday ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my best friend visited melia sharm for 2 weeks this July and we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and better holiday...

the housekeeping was perfect superclean and happy to come at a time to suit you...

the lobby bar staff was amazing always happy and couldn't do enough for you mahmoud is such a happy and friendly guy...If you go ask Ahmed for a number 3...or say (Keeleys drink) by far the best cocktail made at Melia and my favourite I do love a good cocktail both alcoholic and none both just as good!

the beach is amazing so beautiful and never busy I fell to sleep here a number of times its so relaxing I could live there...

We was lucky enough to get upgraded for the last 4 days of our 14 night holiday to the level the private pool is so nice and the views are to die for...

We did have a few minor issues but they was always delt with quickly and effectively... So can't complain

All the people at Melia work so hard to make your holiday amazing and really can't do enough for you they are amazing and work so hard...

The food is good but gets repetitive if you are there for 2 weeks but there is other places to eat...

If you are going with Thomas Cook definitely recommend eating lunch for free at the grill makes a pleasant change to the spices restaurant...

The pools are lovely and the beach towels are clean daily.

We went on the Thomas Cook social night which was good to meet new people and get out of resort... It's not as busy as you expect it to be either!

The via Tiran Island cruise is definitely worth it such a relaxing day out! The snorkeling is amazing too.

I couldn't have asked for a better holiday I would go back tomorrow if I had the chance... The people who work there definitely are a credit to the hotel and make your holiday!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Keeeleeey
Melia S, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Sunny greetings from the Meliá Sharm and thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your holiday with us.
It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guests. We are glad to know that your stay with us was a memorable one and that some of our staff made your stay even more pleasant.
We will be happy to greet you again in the Meliá Sharm in the near future.

Guest Experience Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you don't mind spending the first day of your vacation waiting for toilet repair and ant spray and always asking for towels soap and shampoo because they don't give them to you after the first day then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Stephen T
Dear Stephen T.

The entire team of the Meliá Sharm were regretful to read your perception of the resort, which did not comply with your expectations. We are sincerely sorry that we were not able to make your stay a big success as we have done with thousands of other regular guests as well as the first -time visitors.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort.

Guest Experience Department.
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a brilliant one week stay at the Melia Sharm. Here is my personal review on the most important aspects of the hotel...

Location -
The hotel is in a good location. It's only a ten minute journey from the airport and only a five minute drive to Soho square which can be arranged by the hotels taxi service. The hotel is also situated right on the beach which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Hotel -
You cant really fault the hotel. On arrival the view from the main reception on the second floor is breath taking with views over looking the magnificent red sea and Tiran island. The main lobby is also very grand where the main bar is situated on the bottom floor. The main buffet is a two minute walk from the main lobby and the hotel has a number of pools surrounding the complex. One pool has pool bar, this is the most lively pool as music and activities are taken place there throughout the day (but you can be pestered by local businesses who try and sell you trips etc...) so if your not interested in any of that go to the other quieter pools. On the whole, throughout our stay the hotel was very clean and had all the relevant facilities (shops, ATM etc...). The hotel was fully air conditioned and one of the nicest I've stayed in, in terms of appearance!

Food & drink -
Considering the hotel has to cater for a number of nationalities, the food was of a good standard. There was a wide choice available for adults and children at breakfast, dinner and tea in the main buffet and I would definitely recommend eating at the O'Grill a la carte restaurant for dinner (only if you book through Thomas Cook) as the food was excellent and it was a nice change from eating at the buffet everyday. I would also recommend eating at the beach bar for dinner as you can get burgers and hotdogs etc which are really nice.

All alcoholic drinks are locally branded eg (all spirits and beer). The local draft beer is nice but I got sick of it at the end of the week. I personally preferred going to the beach bar were you could get a can of beer called Egyptian Stella which is not watered down and better than the draft beer. There is also red, rose and white wine on draft. All soft drinks are named brands such as Pepsi etc... there is also hot drinks available such as Latte, cappuccino, espresso and hot chocolate! The hotel also provide bottled mineral water because you can't drink from the taps.

Staff -
The staff on the whole were excellent and could not do more for you from the cleaners to the animation team! Especially at the beach bar where they was constantly making us a range of cocktails without you even asking! Siad at the pool bar was also great as he always made sure your drinks were topped up without you lifting a finger and was very enthusiastic and friendly throughout our stay! Hassan at the O'Grill was also brilliant!

Must see/do -
Please, please go snorkelling EVERY DAY off the hotel jetty... This was the highlight of our holiday as the marine life in the Red Sea is something else!! We also went on snorkelling boat trip to Tiran island through Thomas Cook which I would also recommend because it's a great day out! I would also recommend going to Soho Square which is lively and has a number of bar and restaurants! Lastly we booked a full body massage through Golden Spa International at the hotel which was very good and cheap!

Negatives
I would say their was about 85% of Russians/Ukrainians staying at the hotel. All though I personally didn't have any personal problems with them or this, they could be quite rude to the staff. When the entertainment was taking place daily, the announcer predominately spoke Russian which make it hard to understand what was going on. The staff also worked a ridiculous amount of hours which wasn't fair (12 hours a day... 6/7 days a week) and despite this they was very professional and enthusiastic throughout our stay! The WiFi is rather disappointing as it's not included in the all inclusive package and you only get 15 mins free through Thomas Cook. Lastly for some reason the hotel and in Sharm itself accepts a number of currencies (euro, dollar, pounds) and it can be frowned upon if you try and buy things in Egyptian pound which was annoying.

Overall-
Overall for what you pay to stay at the Melia Sharm is completely worth every penny! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely go back again in the future!!

Hope this helps and I've not bored you with my essay!

Jack & Charlotte - Room 2111

Stayed July 2014
12 Thank Jack M
Dear Jack & Charlotte,

Sunny greetings from the Meliá Sharm and thank you for your essay about your holiday and our hotel.
We are happy to read that you had a great time and that almost every staff member made your stay a nice experience.
We took notes of your comments and we assure you that necessary actions are being taken immediately with the animation.

We appreciate the time you took to share your opinion and we hope to take the opportunity to serve you again.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just returned from here and have to say we were very disappointed! It really should not be advertised as a 5* hotel. Definitely not worth what we paid.
The bathrooms were disgusting and in really bad condition. The food was average and we struggled to find food that we liked, there was not much variety at all. The entertainment was rubbish! Once you have seen once dancer, you have seen them all!
Some of the bar staff were extremely rude and clearly did not like serving women! The restaurant staff were the complete opposite, they were so good and happy to help anytime. In particular a guy called Sherif, he was great and always happy and helpful. (Maybe they can train the bar staff!)
The swimming pools were filthy and we only saw them be cleaned once in the whole time we were there. We did not like to use them as the layer of scum on the top was vile!
We did however have an amazing couple of evenings out at Soho Square. Definitely worth a visit.
Thomas Cook should also clarify in their brochure or online about the WIFI. You only get 15 minutes per room per day free of charge. I had to pay for my daughter to have WIFI.

We would not return to this hotel :(

Room Tip: Ask for a clean bathroom!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lollypop73
Dear Lollypop73,

We would like to thank you for your preference in selecting the Meliá Sharm for your vacation, as well as for taking time to write about your recent experience.
We are very sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations; please allow me to express our sincerest apologies. I would like to assure you that guests’ remarks never fall on deaf ears; our goal is guests’ satisfaction.

We took notes of your comments and we assure you that necessary actions are being taken specially with the entertainment program.

We hope to welcome you back once again in our hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Total scam. Would never visit again even if I was paid to. If you're after a quality 5* hotel DO NOT GO HERE!
Having visited other 5*Melia hotels we paid 1500GBP for 2 people.
-Rooms were dirty with visible stains bathrooms. Rusty and moulded bathroom (see pictures which I will upload). Towels and sheets ragged, things I wouldn't even use in my home.
-Toilets in communal areas were disgusting and smelly. The toilets particularly in the Melia restaurant and pool bar area. Wet floors/overfilled sinks/fouled toilets...
- Food was shockingly inedible. Despite having all inclusive we treated ourself to the restaurant- served rotten fish they had to plead with us to order something else on the menu. Food in the main restaurant was equally disgusting and repetitive, 5* hotel? ! Definitely not! Poor quality food and tasteless. Dirty plastic cups used in most places, was handed a drink with visible floating particles. The food was so awful we found and started eating at the Baron Resort Taj Mahal restaurant (which was amazing! And hotel was Beautiful! )
No fresh juices all rubbish carton drinks! Again we ended up visiting the bar at the Baron which was entirely different class
-That is when you do get served, non attentive staff more interested in chatting with their colleagues than attending to you. I'd ask for Cola id get soda water. ... pathetic
-We never hung around for the entertainment what I noticed was aqua gym and karaoke, not our taste of entertainment.
-Of The 5 days we spent there only once did we see a lifeguard on shore.
-Dirty pools we didn't dare step in. A friend got conjunctivitis after spending most of her time in the pool...
-Hotel looks grand at first but one you get in closer you can see this is so run down, not maintained at all. I really wonder what the guests money is been spent towards

We arrived on a Thursday, on Friday we complained to our holiday rep who saidhe will pass on to hotel who will contact us - they never did. On Friday we booked early tickets back home.

ONLY GOOD THING WAS the location for snorkeling. The swimming was amazing.

Its so hard for me and the hubby to get time off work together, thank you Melia Sharm for the waste of our time and scamming us out of the money with the pretense of a 5* hotel. At least call it the 2* it is then people know what to expect.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Ols22

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Myself and my partner stayed at the Melia Sharm from the 10th of July and had an incredible time! We arrived quite late and upon arrival was told our room had been upgraded for free and told we could still have our evening meal.
The Thomas rep, Mohammed, was really great and friendly and honest about some aspects of Egypt.
We did two trips, one to the Old Market and one on the VIP boat trip to Tiran. The market was great to look around but the men there are very vocal and it was uncomfortable at times - if you go to the market, cover up a little and be prepared.

The VIP boat trip was incredible and the snorkelling was amazing. The staff on board were really friendly and helpful, some one came round every 10 minutes or so with a different drink. You get dinner on board and the food is beautiful! all freshly prepared. The snorkelling was great, we took an underwater camera and saw a rare sight of a turtle. We did 3 dives and it was all brilliant! Well worth doing.

The hotel food and different variations every night although there was always some style of rice, potatoes, chicken and chips, but there is enough food to cater to each tastes. No complaints on the food.

Staff service was excellent, our rooms were clean and we always had fresh towels. My only complaint was staff seemed over worked. We appreciate that it was ramadan and so staff were clearly tired from fasting but maybe more staff would help, despite this the staff were always friendly and happy to help.
There was times I noticed I would wait at the bar for quite some time before getting served - I have no problem with waiting, but did find it frustrating that some times men would come to the bar after me and get served before me. When my partner went to the bar he would be served straight away. This isn't a complaint but I found to get quicker service, my partner should always get the drinks.
The staff did make us up some special cocktails that were delicious and presented beautifully.

All pools were kept clean, and there was many things to get involved in such as belly dancing and water gym. There were people trying to sell you trips around the pool and on the first day I felt obliged to speak to them. In the end I just ignored them when they said hello and no one bothered us again. It felt rude ignoring them but if you do they wont hassle you!

On our last night we went to the Ala Carte restaurant and the food was absolutely beautiful. The wine was also a lot better here than what was served in the main bar.

Take the time to watch the sun rise, its worth getting up for and words cannot describe how beautiful it is. Also the moonrise, often we sat outside after dinner and we would see the moon rise.

The snorkelling at the hotel alone was really great and the fish swim very close to the surface and there was lots to see there.

Would absolutely recommended this hotel. After a week we felt like we had been there long enough and were relaxed and ready to come home. if going for two weeks maybe you would need more trips.

Overall, a great holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Kirsty_KS1
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from the Meliá Sharm and thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your holiday with us.
We will be happy to greet you again in the Meliá Sharm in the near future.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I absolutely loved, loved, loved this place! The hotel and it's staff are brilliant. I spent most of my holiday taking scuba diving lessons with the nearby dive club, Reef Oasis. The beach is close by and the sea is like stepping into a warm bath! We are returning this year and are looking forward to it. the food was brilliant and well presented and no job was too small for the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Zara_P95
Melia S, Manager at Sharm Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Zara

It was a pleasure for us to have you as our guests in october last year. We are glad to know that your stay with us was a memorable one. The entire staff is looking forward to greet you again soon in the Meliá Sharm in the near future to make some more holiday memories.