“Ignore the bad reviews excellent”

Domina Coral Bay Elisir Hotel
Ranked #61 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Ignore the bad reviews excellent”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We arrived in the dark didnt really know what to expect, was concerned having read bad reviews
we were told on arival we had been upgraded after a welcome drink ok off we went with our charming bell boy in transport to our room, WOW it was amazing more the size of a studio very clean great balcony overlooking the great pool. The resort is huge and was over run by Italians who were very rude ! The resort was clean staff all over helpful nothing to much trouble,food excellent good choice and plenty of it an Egyptian night was being held in our restaurant where the staff really embraced it and boy they really work hard always smiling.,i would most certainly go back the weather was good the sea was warm a fab time had.

Room Tip: head for the Ellisar hotel!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annaandsimon2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very spacious but variety of food at breakfast and dinner should be improved.
Location is very good if you practise scuba dive ( the main purpose of my trip ) ad the dive center is just 3 min walk from hotel entrance.

• Stayed January 2014
Arezzo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here at the beginnig of January and were impressed with the place and service. The hotel is a lovely Asian styled one with nice, smiley and professional people from the Reception staff to the maids. Restaurant people guided by Ali always greeted us with a smile and were constantly attentive to our needs (They also had for me the delicious Arabic sweets that I totally love).Food is various and enough to satisfy all the tastes.
If you want to take day trips be sure to ask for Ahmet fluently Italian speaking and well informed of the area (we had him as a guide to a tour to the old city of Sharm).
I have to say, though, that the best part of our stay was made by Ronny Tresor ,Enza Napoletano and Gabriella from the Tourist resort entertainment's staff. The term itself is reductive: these guys are great: fun to be with, professional, informative about the area: they really make your stay. Kudos to all! These people really know how to make you feel welcomed and special!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice and comfy!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Let it be said the ground level staff generally were lovely and warm, I only experienced blatant rudeness from the many Russian guests in the hotel and beach.

Rooms are equipped as shown in photos but I had to ask the reception/ cleaner to clean the shower tray and sink as it was not touched for 4 days but then it was just a wipe with no products used - I observed.

Food was questionable in the all inclusive El Wadi restaurant - make sure you eat what the chef makes fresh in front of you such as pasta for dinner or eggs for breakfast - not the uncovered food which I saw can be attacked by flies - I spent the first 2 days in the bathroom, I can't say why for sure but mid-week lunch I ate some (tuna) fish (which I made clear I had an allergy to every day to staff and asked what was what all the time plus ingredients in desserts) which was labeled as aubergine/eggplant then re-served at dinner labeled as tuna!
After this scare I also got bored of the same food selection which gets cold if you are not there at the start of service so went out in the evenings, there are some nice places in Naama Bay to try, don't stay in the resort!

The closest (Sultan) beach is next to the El Wadi restaurant, half is rocky to coarse sand and further down is fine and doesn't hurt to walk on but I went to the bigger, main beach after my first visit as it is all fine sand and more sociable with entertainment and a restaurant there from which I had a lovely pizza with the freshest egg from the farm on!

Topping off this stale cake I had an heirloom clothing accessory (belt) taken from my wardrobe the weekend I arrived then had the security 'manager' accuse me of lying (it was only really of sentimental value, I had my gadgets with me so why would I lie), then on my last day when I discovered the window (see below) he accused the only guest I had in the day before I left the hotel of taking it - does he know something I don't about time travel?! We had already reported it to the police the night before my guest visited - of course I had to write a quoted report from his instruction stating that I didn't accuse the hotel otherwise I wouldn't be able to take it home to the UK as it takes weeks to write I was told. I wish I hadn't done this.
The room was not secure the entire time as a window leading to the balcony 1st floor next to communal stairs was left ajar/ open either before my arrival or when the 'security' came (they tried to push 4 men in to my room at once - I am a petite lady so only allowed 2 in as I couldn't keep an eye on all 4 nor feel safe) to inspect the room when I reported the missing item (I never knew as the window was covered by a curtain plus I used the big balcony door for ventilation and passage) but apparently again this was my fault. I made it clear I didn't even know how to use the window mechanism to it's full potential so if I had opened it I would know how to lock it (as when I discovered it was open, I couldn't lock it so told them it was broken! No one showed me how to work it on the room 'induction' on arrival) and only used the door to balcony so all their arguments were invalid.
NO APOLOGIES, NO RESPONSIBILITY TAKEN BY ANYONE - SUCH ATTITUDES MAKE ME SICK (figuratively this time).
I was here alone, brought the one belt, hung it in the wardrobe my first night and when I went for it 2 days later it was gone. I only had 2 hangers with clothes on (just a vest and jumper which I wore out the night it was taken + this belt left behind as I wore skirts after my arrival) in the wardrobe- the security manager asked me to phone home for it! It was holding up my only jeans on arrival, I told him to check the CCTV but he said he couldn't see it.
They later checked the electronic door lock report- it showed the cleaner visiting twice in one day, after 11pm - really? - he wasn't cleaning the bathroom that's for damn sure but they did nothing still.

They kept changing the settings on the WIFI so you could go a whole day without it not working for IOS (Apple) users especially,
"Oh, it works for everyone else..." That's just what you want to hear when trying to contact family!

I made the most of my time still, it is a nice place besides with a farm where they grow much of their food served on the resort.

Sharm El Sheikh is a lovely place but I say go to a big chain to stay and DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT OF YOUR LOCKED SUITCASE if you do stay here. If anything goes missing, they'll say you never brought it and perhaps don't even know your own name - they are not ones to try and get philosophical, if only I spoke Arabic! I am following this all up with my lawyers and insurers be damn certain!

I will return to Sharm but not to this resort.

Room Tip: DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT OF YOUR LOCKED SUITCASE if you do stay here. Eat freshly made food. 1st...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Crumb5
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Currently at the Elisir and will be for another week, if you have holidayed here and didn't enjoy yourself then you must be very hard to please. The staff are the best, the food is good, spacious clean rooms, stunning beach and pools, absolutely and definitely will be returning.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Phil T
Reviewed 21 December 2013

we booked from 5th dec to 19th dec 2013 all inclusive, first bit of advise is dont, all inclusive to me means exactly that but not with this complex, you stay in one hotel with one pool and one restaurant. the al wadi is the place you eat if you stay at the elisir my advice is dont it is awful it looks like a beach bar its small and full of bargeing russians with no manners the only redeeming feature is the waiter EMAD but even he could not get us to eat the crap at this place we changed to the SPICES restuarant which was better and made superb by the head chef MOHAMMED DAKRORY and the head manager ABDEL RAHMOM who looked after us and made each visit to spices a special event and we cant thank them enough. the rooms were exactly as per the photos very nice nothing special other than a four poster bed. the pool was nice but could have been cleaner, and on the beach you had segregation one side for us and the other for the owners [sand is sand ] then onto beach or pool snacks only at the beach consists of slice of plain cake bit of orange and bit of melon and a tiny bit of ice cream only after 3pm, if you like a drink there are a couple of places all inclusive but they are miles apart and one closes at 6pm and the other at 12pm in the elisir lobby there is a bar but its not open. if you want to get anywhere on the complex they have taf tafs running round but its a real fuss having to get two of these anytime you wanted to go out. this is a 3* star resort and no more shame because there are some nice staff but they also have some that are just there for the tips. MY ADVICE IS FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE. there are other hotels much better for the same price. if anyone wants more imfo please contact me and i will try and give you a fair answer.

Room Tip: eat at spices/ or stay elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Really don't understand the reviews on this hotel. It was very quiet so thinking the worst...that they're fake. We were given the spiel by the guy behind reception. May as well of been reading a script. More spiel in the room: "Oooo water, this is the bath". That kind of thing. The room was basic - yes four poster beds as mentioned in reviews here but nothing special. The room was filthy and already pretty tatty considering they'd been 'recently refurbished'. This hotel is part of a MASSIVE resort that you need lifts in 'taf tafs' to reach. Very limited to what's within the all inclusive deal. You can walk to the beach, the restaurant and two of the bars. Downhill the way there, uphill on return which is tough going after much cheap booze (eases the pain of the disappointment). The food in the restaurant is vile especially if you're a meat eater - we became vegetarian. Sausages - pork? The stray cats were thinning out a bit so a possibility? The hotel staff really weren't interested in our complaints - we'd paid and they had us in. One guy came to our room - said he was our 'friend' and would help. All he did was bring us some water and attempt to get kisses from me. He was just plain vile. Full of Russians who took over the place to be honest and rather unpleasantly. I'd say the only decent thing was the pool. Several cats hanging around pining for food didn't help - they're starving though so take them the sausages. There's a shopping area which I considered a rip off. Only shopped in the supermarket - good for acquiring some actual food rather than slop. But expensive - £4 for carton of orange juice. We went to this hotel based on the reviews. I'd advise only to go if you get it dirt cheap and are willing to get comatosed every day on the booze. So you forget each day as you go. What an awful 'holiday' so will make our own opinion in future. I'd seriously avoid it - it's far from a 5 star hotel. Go for one of the world renowned chains in Sharm. Usually a sure bet.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor (only 2 floors) and a king bed room (they do have them when you ask), far side of...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple