“Great ride into the desert”
Review of Black Jack Bike

Black Jack Bike
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to BlackJackBike – the Desert Specialists in Sharm El Sheikh.As organizers of guided tours in the Sinai and training in all aspects of mountain biking, everything we do is designed to set bikers’ hearts racing.Our activities range from half-day tours for beginners to training camps for experienced mountain bikers. Our programme is just as suited to people who bike to keep fit – with an emphasis on burning off fat and body shaping – as it is to touring cyclists, who simply want to take in the spectacular landscape of the Sinai. BlackJackBike considers itself a pioneer when it comes to biking in Sharm el Sheikh. Far removed from the beaten track of mass tourism, we offer you fabulous tours in the Ras Mohamed national park, the Nabq nature reserve and around Sharm el Sheikh.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had a terrific time cycling with Claus, he is very knowledgeable and not only was it an excellent challenge over different terrain with some spectacular scenery, I also learnt a bit more about Egypt. I was out with Claus for around 3 hours and felt very safe and Claus also had a support vehicle providing water when required so everything was thought of to make the trip really enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was fortunate enough to have a one to one bike ride with Claus on the 24th February. He picked me up in and returned me to Namma Bay. There were no security issues and I felt quite safe. The day was great fun and Claus was very well informed about the local people and the area which added to the experience. I would highly recommend this to any bike enthusiast. Check out the photos on the Blackjack website!

Steve Forrest

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a great time cycling in the desert just north of Sharm. The scenery of mountains, rocky desert, sand dunes and a Boudin village really appealed to my inner Geography teacher! I've done a fair bit of mountain biking but the desert was a new experience and one I really enjoyed.

Claus offered is a range of routes and fancying a challenge we went for the inland and harder option, but Claus is really flexible and if you fancy a something a little easier you can go along the coastal mangroves, beaches and easier tracks.

Claus was a great guide, very polite, friendly and well prepared. The bikes were very good and his wife's free cake was even better! The presence of a support vehicle and driver with plenty of water gives peace of mind as well plenty of refills for that much needed water break!

If you fancy something different and getting away from the mass tourism of Sharm I would defiantly recommended getting in contact with Claus.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Many thanks to Claus (and Abdullah driving the support vehicle) for the high light of my week in Sharm (ok so maybe reef diving was a second highlight..). Nice early start (to avoid the heat), a gentle 3 mile warm up, and then off into miles and miles of stunning desert. You will not be cycling through sand up to your forks (thankfully) as we manly followed ancient bedouin trails, but when you do occasionally end up in sand up to your forks, you'll understand why the trails exist.

Claus speaks superb english and is a mine of useful information and facts, the bike was excellent and the water stops were greatly received. Will deffo do this again when we go back to Sharm.

And don't worry if you're not a regular cyclist, Claus has plenty of options, and it really is up to you what you do.