“Nice”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

After a few days in Sharm my hubbay started to miss his Fish n Chips, so thought we'd go to Nemo Chippy. Very nice experience, Sharon the owner was a very friendly and spoke to us about her experiences in living in Sharm. The food was nice. fresh and well presented. The place was clean too but unfortunately we were the only ones there, could be due the fact that it cant be easily spotted.
Chips were very nice, fish good too, side salad was yummy but mushy peas and curry sauce unfortunately were not. All in all a good experience- slightly pricey though, around £15-16 for me and hubby, but still worth a visit!

1 Thank NRashid84

“Good things comes in small packages!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Thank you very much Sharon & husband! We visited you tonight 22,04,11. Two young men 1, heavily in love!! orther searching!!

Loved your company, you made us feel @ home. The portion was great, heathly portion, could not fish my meal & not to mention salad was great!! Love to see you again. Tell your husband his lucky, wink, wink.
Yaser (teacher's from London)
Must visit if your visiting Namaa Bay.
Love you loads & we will be back!

Cairo, Egypt
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My partner and I were wondering where to go for dinner when we came upon a sign for Nemo's Fish and Chips so decided to give it a try. We were very pleased that we did. I had fish and chips which were delicious. The fish was very lightly battered and the chips were the best I have had in Egypt. My partner had the pie and chips and he hasn't stopped raving about the pastry!
The owners, Sharon and Mahran, were a delightful couple. Very friendly and accomodating. When we go back to Sharm we will certainly be paying them another visit.
Someone in an earlier post had said that there was no comparison with the fish and chips at the Tavern Bar. I had had fish and chips at the Tavern before finding Nemo's and I just felt that they served frozen fish and the batter on the fish was not good whereas at Nemo's everything was fresh.

Cairo, Egypt
“A Taste of Britain that was so welcome for a couple of ex-pats.”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Me and my girlfriend, who are both British Ex-pats living in Cairo, decided to have a short break in Sharm over the Easter weekend. Staying in Naama bay and generally eating our normal Egyptian fayre at the Hotel it was a joyous moment when we espied, on one of our walks along the main drag, the Cross of St George fluttering from an upstairs restaurant. A second look made us both grin from ear to ear when we saw the sign...'Nemo Chippy'! Could it really be a proper English chippy?
We ventured upstairs where we were met by one of the owners, Sharon...Shar to her friends, who greeted us in a proper 'northern' accent. She confirmed that the 'chips' where good old fashioned home made chippy chips and not these waste of space french fries that are everywhere. When she also mentioned that as well as Fish they did Meat and potato pies too...well...show me to a seat please.
Shar, originally from Blacxkpool, and her husband Mahran, own and run the chippy as though it was a proper English chippy (but with an outside terrace in the sun) with a take-away area that was spacious, clean and looked and smelled just like a real chippy at home. The terrace area, for eating in, had a great view over the main drag and as the sun set became magical as all the lights from the different shisha cafes came on.
Shar and Mahran were very friendly and chatted with us as though we were long lost friends and this made our visit feel very relaxed.
As for the food, well what can I say? The chips were the best chips that I have tasted in the whole of Egypt! Big thick ones, slightly brown and crispy outside whilst fluffy white inside. My girlfriend had the fish and she said it was gorgeous. Mahran explained that the fish was freshly caught and they never used frozen. I had the meat and potato pie and I can't stop raving about the pastry. The pie was also home made and swimming in a deep brown gravy, just like mother used to make.
Down points...none really, except for the ones beyond the control of the owners. Trying to get proper malt vinegar in Egypt is impossible, so the white vinegar is about the best substitute and works fine with the chips. In the same way, don't expect the sausages on the menu to contain Pork as that also is almost impossible to find here too. But Kofta sausages are a good alternative for those wanting a slightly middle eastern taste to their meal.
All in all, I can say nothjing wrong with the Nemo Chippy, our only problem was that we were there for only a short break and didn't get a chance to visit the chippy more often, but we will definitely make a beeline to it next time we return to Naama Bay. Great food, great views and exceptionally friendly staff, what more do you want? 10 out of 10 all round.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“A taste of home !”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Although I love trying other countries foods when I am on holiday, sometimes its nice to have a taste of home and we found it at Nemo's. A simple menu of fish, chicken, burgers, meat and potato pie with proper chips served with peas, beans or gravy. The fish is Sea Bass and it was lovely!
Nemo's is run by a lovely young couple and nothing is too much trouble. Recommended.

• Visited March 2011