“Don't eat at any other restaurant while at the Moevenpick.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rangoli

Rangoli
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: "Rangoli" is the most popular Indian restaurant in town where you can enjoy delicious traditional Indian dishes Savor the creations during dinner of our Indian Chef serving tender meat and seafood directly from the hot embers of the tandoor, accompanied with soft, fresh & hot naans and rotis; all in an inviting atmosphere with panoramic view over Naama Bay
Amman, Jordan
“Don't eat at any other restaurant while at the Moevenpick.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Having just spent a week at the Moevenpick in Sharm, I was lucky enough to try the Rangoli on my first night. Fantastic! I then proceeded to eat there every night except for one when I tried a highly recommended seafood restaurant at the Old Markets. The food at the Rangoli is just divine. And, I found it to be very affordable; a curry, rice, and a couple glasses of wine only set me back about US $25. Excellent value. Service and food couldn't be faulted. The night I ate (at what was supposedly one of the best seafood restaurants) at the Old Market, I was very disappointed. As usual, the Arabs tend to over salt their food, so the squid or calamari I had arab style was salty, and unpleasant. I did try the pool restaurant at the Moevenpick a couple of times for a sandwhich / pizza but the food was average. Good for kids, with the stock standard french fries, etc. But if you want a really good meal than look no further than the Rangoli. My absolute favourite was the Chicken Tikka Marsala - Yum! Oh, and the view - it would have to be one of the best in Sharm! I travelled alone but was perfectly happy here amongst couples, and families with older children. If you are a couple looking for a romantic evening, and view, than ask for a table outside on the balcony overlooking the Red Sea and enjoy. Just divine.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank niki_jane

• Arabic first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent view and very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

During our stay at Sharm, we visited Rangoli to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were impressed by the delicious Indian food and overall service at a reasonable price ( £35-40 for a couple with drinks). The restaurant also has an excellent view overlooking the beautiful sea and the glittering Sharm night life. Had a wonderful time and would highly recommend it! If you are not a big fan of Indian food, would still recommend it for the picturesque view!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Saujanya P
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Excellent. Beautiful setting. The best Indian food ever. Well worth the climb. The chef worked in the best restaurats in India. food was subtely spiced so the flavours really came through. Excellent service. The staff made good recomendations to us. We always visit when in Sharm.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank christine w
Bolton, United Kingdom
“good indian- excellent views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had a chef who was from India and made awesome curries! enjoyed the starters and the mains and nothing was any trouble! even got me chips that wasnt on the menu!

the service was very good- a bit on the expesive side but well worth it as the food really is very nice!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank salmapat
Newton Mearns, United Kingdom
“Decent Indian meal, with great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were staying at the Movenpick, so we acknowledge that the view over the bay is great (but then we saw it every day anyway!). I wouldn't normally go for an Indian meal whilst on holiday, but due to the reviews on Tripadvisor we thought we'd give it a go. The views are great and the service was professional, friendly & attentive - to the extent that the chef came round and introduced himself at the end of the meal (Ithink he said he is from Mumbai - so good for authenticity). The set menu and the a la carte give a decent choice of well-known dishes and all were well cooked and tasty. Would recommend if you want an Indian meal when in Sharm!

• Visited March 2014