“Amazing holiday...... did not want to leave”

Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Ranked #10 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Well, what more can I say but thank you to all at the Sea Breeze for making our holiday fantastic. Myself and my husband checked in for 2 weeks on the 13th April. Arrived to an amazing friendly reception who were very efficient. After our refreshing arrival drinks were then shown to our room with delicious cake and more drinks waiting, and our luggage all taken care of. Beautiful quiet room with sea view.
Firstly thank you to Reda who not only made sure with had every thing we needed and more with regards to keeping our room clean and nicely stocked with fresh towels , water etc each day , but also helped my husband when he slipped and hurt his foot. Also congratulations on your wedding in few weeks.
Thank you to Mohammed, who always made sure we never had a empty glass. Top man and to Anton who ferried my husband to the restaurant and back when he hurt his foot.
I could go on but EVERY member of staff at the Sea Breeze went above and beyond to make for what I can honestly say was so far my best holiday .
The hotel had lovely pools, from slightly lively 2 main pools and 2 extremely relaxing pools. The staff bought cool towels, fruit and water round regularly. The food was wonderful. Never the same thing twice and extremely clean. This was my 4th time to Egypt. On my previous 3 trips had the Egyptian geppie tummy, but not one sign of anyone being ill at the Sea Breeze.
All in all, I could go on and on praising the staff and how amazing the Sea Breeze is. All I can say is it's definitely worth every penny spent on this holiday and puts customer service any where else I have every been to shame. See you next year guys.................

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missgoodwin21212121
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We would like to thank you very much for your very lovely comments about your holiday you recent holiday you spent at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
It’s of great pleasure for us, that all our team could make you feel like royalty with our little extra touches and we met your expectations to experience a wonderful holiday.
We will be more than pleased to welcome you next year again at our resort to share another enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

This was my boyfriends and my first stay at this hotel and will definitely be back!
We went with my dad and step mum which had previously been to this hotel last year! We stayed 18/04-25/04, We loved it.

The staff are amazing, they work so so hard but always keep a smile on their face and are very welcoming! A few of the staff which were lovely named below :)
Malak on reception couldn't be anymore helpful, he arranged us transfers from and too the airport and ensured my dad and step mum got the same rooms to their previous stay.
Ibraham the waiter in the main restaurant was so lovely, always welcoming and happy to see us and on our last night he made us a special cocktail to say bye :)
Yousse (makes pancakes in the morning) was always very smiley and made us fresh pancakes every morning!
Samwill around the pool, was so lovely, he works so hard, he is currently learning to speak English fluently which was lovely to see and we were helping him learn.
Joseph in the handbag shop was lovely too, always happy to see you with a smile whether you were buying bags or not!

Anyway you could go on and on about the staff they're all amazing! :)

The pools - there are about 4/5 pools each if them always kept clean.

The food - we enjoyed all the food, couldn't complain. They have themed nights for the food in the evening, food from different countries each night. There is the BBQ on the roof which the food was lovely and you get 1 free booking within the all inclusive and we had a shisha which was about £3.
At Breakfast there are many options, fruit, yoghurts, cereals, croissants, pancakes, waffles, omelettes, bacon, French toast etc etc. we never went for lunch in the main restaurant as we stayed by the pool which do lunch snacks such a pizza, burgers,
Salads and sandwiches!
One night we had a meal on the jetty, which was about £64 for both of us. It's a romantic meal, or candle lit above the sea. It's a 4/5 course meal. And you get to choose from a set menu. Although I don't like fish or shellfish and they let me choose all my courses off their main menu! It was truly and lovely night and I definitely recommend it to all the couples out there :). Wael and his waiter which waitered 4 tables on the jetty was so lovely and helpful. (which I can't remember the waiters name :( ).

The entertainment was ok-Ish there is room for improvement but it was a laugh.

The rooms was clean. We had a cleaner everyday which left us towel art! The room sizes are good and the bathrooms are smart. The rooms are fully air conned which you can control.

The beach is a man made beach but has some lovely views! I'm scared of the sea but he snorkelling is a must the fish are amazing!

We didn't do any excursions so I can't comment on that!

Overall we had an amazing stay an we will definitely be going back in the future.

Sorry for the essay but I hope it helps ;)

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank thedans8790
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

It’s of utmost pleasure, that we could provide you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you felt very welcome.
We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully in the near future again to enjoy another interesting vacation.
Please, accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had a wonderful holiday this last 2 weeks. Staff here are very friendly and do all they can to help you. A special mention goes to Samwil "king of the slide pool" he is very helpful and hardworking with a smile and ready to do everything he can to help if you need any help. Aref at the same pool is a one man wonder - drinks, coffee, food and ice cream all brought to your subbed - often without us even asking! Aref works very hard and is a fantastic example of how to run a pool bar. Other staff at that bar were Mohamed and Reda amongst others who were also excellent.
The hotel is small and the site is somewhat cramped but they havens e best use of space. No problems at all with food - a different theme each night.
Service and staff at your bar and restaurant had been fine - no staff were rude to us at all. Reception staff very helpful and friendly and our room cleaned well daily.
Bathrooms are clean but like someone said the tiles were not cleaned when installed so look tatty although the design is appealing the poor installation does let it down.
The hotel could improve them with a program of regrouting but honestly - it isn't a major concern and it certainly didn't spoil our holiday - it's just not a great first impression something they can do to improve. Beds comfy and air con working fine.
Wifi 24 hours good value and easy to use but they could explain u can log on and off to use the credit throughout the holiday.
The reef has lovely corals - snorkelling is a must.
I would like to see some nice smelling cleaner used on Public toilets - particularly those by the slide pool - also to ask the toilet attendant to make sure toilet paper and soap don't run out and the leak which makes the floor wet in the ladies slide pool toilet all the time - please get it fixed! Clean nice smelling toilets are very important.
Didn't watch entertainment or sports as we just came to relax - and relax we did!
The staff make this hotel great so to all staff:
Thank you for a great holiday - see you again soon!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank roundyFlint

Thank you indeed for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our resort and it’s really nice for us, that you had a funny, relaxing holiday at our property and we are awaiting you soon back again.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort!! Booked on their website, simple and effective. Emailed the hotel to supply a taxi from the airport (very recommended!!) driver was very good and for 5 it made life simple. Guest Relations (Michelle) was extremely friendly and helpful and went out of her way to answer and assist us. If you want to learn to scuba dive or just snorkel, the staff at Anar Dive Center are excellent (took my PADI open water scuba from them, very recommended!!). In general the staff are very friendly and professional, it was a great holiday and we have made it one of our first choices!! Thank you Xperience!!

Room Tip: If possible choose the rooms on the ground floor that face onto any of the many pools. Pools close...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sailsyl
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We arrived home after a 7 night stay in the gorgeous Xperience Sea Breeze.

On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a gentleman who took our cases, we checked in and then a little mini bus took us to our room.

The rooms are kept very clean and tidy, we were in block 15 on the ground floor (i cant remember his name, i think it began with A) and had a lovely cleaner who was happy to help with anything we needed. On the first night we had a bit if disturbance from next door playing very loud music. We mentioned it to the cleaner in the morning and he placed some foam between the adjoining doors. No problems after that! They love the towel art in the rooms as well, the funniest being a towel monkey hanging from the ceiling as we walked in the door. The rooms are made everyday and kept very well.

For breakfast in the morning there was a lot to choose from to eat. A omelette station, fruit, cooked breakfast, everything. Lunch time there were quite a few options of where to eat. The main restaurant was open as a buffet style, you can eat in the elements restaurant and get served (still part of the all inclusive) and they did different sandwiches, salads and pizzas etc. At the bottom near the sea there was a also a BBQ style area where you could have burger, hotdogs or grilled chicken with chips etc. At night we only went to the main restaurant which did have a fair selection to choose from. Some nights we felt there wasn't a lot of choice, they only have beef, chicken or fish, you never saw lamb or pork really on the menu. However there was a pasta statin every night, salads and soups. The only let down is the deserts which I think you find in every country. There was fruit and then a selection of pastries but they were quite different to usual pastries and cakes(not like a chocolate fudge cake or apple pie). We found them fairly hit and miss.

During the day we spent our time around the main Deep Pool (which isn't deep) but this is where all the activities like water polo and everything took place. My husband played water polo twice a day every day whilst we were there. There are other activities the animation team do such as darts, aqua gym, yoga, stretching, games and other things. We got all our drinks throughout the day from the amazing swim up bar which was looked after by Mustafa and his side kick Reda. Mustafa really makes the holiday, doing his tricks behind the bar, really getting everyone into the holiday spirit. He came round quite a few times during the day to ask what you wanted to drink whilst you were at your sun lounger. He is very generous with the alcohol measures as well! Brilliant guy!

Around the pool we were looked after the lovely Ibrahim who gave you your towels, he came to ask quite a few times during the day if we were "alright mate" in a half cockney, half Australian accent! Lovely guy.

We did find the guys who come round to ask if you want to go to the spa, diving or do any water sports quite annoying at first as when you arrive really pale, they know you are new. However after saying no a few times they leave you alone and you can get do not disturb signs from the towel station. I went to the spa and had a cleopatra treatment. It was very relaxing and the spa looked very well kept.

The hotel is situated in sharks bay, you can get a shuttle bus to Narma Bay should you wish to visit. Also the hotel doesn't have a each yet a 10 min bus ride takes you to the hotels beach. The hotel is situated on quite a big slope. It is fairly hilly and may not be so suitable for anyone who isn't too good in their feet HOWEVER the hotel do run a little mini bus service to and from people's rooms to help them get about.

Wifi is really reasonable, I think we paid around £13.50 for 12 hours and you can get it anywhere in the resort. You don't have to use the 12 hours all in one go, you log in and out.

All in all we would definitely recommend this hotel and are thinking of possibly going again next year. Please read below though a few general tips I would advise for people!

TIPS - 1) contact the hotel you are staying in BEFORE you go and ask them to arrange pick up in a taxi from the airport for you. We didn't pay for transfers with the holiday company and had a terrible experience trying to get a taxi. The hotel Xperience Sea Breeze is about 5-10 mins from the airport and they wanted £25! We managed to barter down to £14 however on the way home the hotel taxi service took us to the airport and only charged £7! It's a lot more cost effective!
2) we tipped in Egyptian and English money. I don't think they really had a preference.
3) take some insect repellent. The Mosquitos come out at night and I went unprepared. I now have about 40 bites on my legs so take Jungle Spray or whatever with you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachiebaby87

Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.
Glad that you enjoyed our food served and the hotel facilities have gained your satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Our stay was at the beginning of March 2013, we'd booked based on the great reviews this hotel had on trip advisor and the good price we got from broadway travel.

We were lucky with our room allocation we were in rooms over looking the main (slide) pool, so far enough away from reception, not to have to put up with the evening entertainment (and I use the word loosely) but not too much of stroll down the steep hill to the beach (though walking back up is a different matter - just as well they have a little shuttle bus).

on the plus side
staff are fab and more than helpful
pools are lovely and warm (although the odd one was freezing)
weather was lovely
the location is great - the pier with steps down to the reef may snorkelling easy and a the fish are fantastic

on the negative
food standard - wasn't brilliant, but there was a lot of choice and no one had dodgy tummy!
the whole towels on the sunbed thing is a fiasco!! as per previous review, I don't expect to have to get up a 6.00 just to get a sunbed. Management need to keep there word - there are lots of signs saying no reservation of sunbeds allowed, but no one enforces it!
there are no chairs at all around the pools - apart from the ones available at tables for lunch, so my sister who suffers with back problems and couldn't sit on a sunbed, was a bit stuck - fortunately this is where helpful staff came in handy, and a chair was found!
Wi-Fi which i'm sure was described as free was charged for!

would I go back - probably not, but then i'm not one for big all inclusive hotels. But if you want a bit of winter sunshine then Sharm is a great place and I can understand why this hotel gets the ratings it does - its probably all down to the staff and the weather!

Room Tip: if you're in the block close to reception you'll get the noise from the evening entertainmen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kimble12

It is a great honor to see that in general you were happy with our services rendered. Your pleasant comments about the hotel staff service and hotel location are passed to them to encourage and ensure they are appreciated from our end as well.
All your comments were explained in details with all the departments concerned and all the necessary action are taken in order to provide our guests the highest standard of service.
Thanks again for your feedback and would hope to welcome you back personally, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Good hotel but some key things let it down for us. I will start with the pros:

THE STAFF
Best thing about the hotel, they are absolutely fantastic and work so so so hard. They are all polite and extremely helpful. Special thanks to Samwil the towel man, Aref on the pool bar and Mohammed in the main restaurant. We have been to Sharm before and got a lot of hassle but we were not hassled at all by the staff here. The people selling trips and treatments are absolutely fine if you just say "hello, no thank you" and they leave you in peace. Reception were fantastic with helping us when Thomas Cook messed up a trip.

Rooms
Once we were moved away from reception our room was great. Extremely clean and had everything you need. Towel art was great. Do not get a room by reception if you like to sleep before 1am.

We found the food to be really good, we enjoyed the different choice each night and the BBQ restaurant was our favourite. I also enjoyed trying some Egyptian food which was really good. We enjoyed the food by the slide pool bar for lunch, everything was freshly cooked. No upset tummies so we were very happy! Ice and water is fine and all the chefs wear gloves. Cocktails were ok, the bar staff made some for me which weren't on the menu. Gin and tonics were great!! Zen bar was lovely for a quiet drink in the evenings away from the "entertainment".

Pools
All of the pools are very clean. We enjoyed the slide pool while we stayed, no chavvy music being blasted out, much more peaceful than the pool by the beach.

Beach
On reading the reviews I was not too fussed about the beach but it was actually really nice! Never been on a man made beach before and It was nice to get some "sea breeze"

Shops
Useful having a few shops and an ATM in the hotel

WiFi
Really good -24 hours was plenty for our whole trip.

Cons:

Entertainment & animation team
Not our cup of tea at all. If you like Agadoo and other terrible music then you will like it. Not great and far too loud & too late if you have a room near reception....

Bathrooms
Not great at all, I don't think the tiled walls have ever been cleaned and the grouting left a lot to be desired but it didn't really matter. Generally ok.

Size of the hotel
We booked the hotel based on 1) the reviews, 2) the price 3) the size. Naively we thought that a smaller hotel would mean less people. Unfortunately in this case it meant lots of people in a small space like sardines. We thought the sunbeds were too close together.

The worst thing about the hotel, which means we will not be returning to this hotel, was the sunbed reserving by guests. People were out at 6AM to get their sunbeds in the sun, which meant anyone that got up after 8am would be resigned to a sunbed in the shade. We enjoy the sun and due to the layout of the hotel, the sun was restricted on some sunbeds. I think the hotel should remove towels that are not being used.

We love Sharm and will be going back, but not to the xperience sea breeze.

Room Tip: Make sure you email the hotel for a double room and get a room away from reception!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

We would like to send you our sincere appreciation for your feedback upon your recent visit at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
Thank you for your positive and negative comments and please note that we will do our best to avoid any negative comments as our guests' satisfaction is our main goal.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.