“Fantastic Couples Retreat”

Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Couples Retreat”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

For those looking for short sharp review:

Good Points:

Free Air Con & Safe
Unlimited Bottled Water
Unbelievable Breakfast!
Evening meals good (bit hit and miss dependant on theme)
Lunch by the pool is of a surprisingly high standard!
Clean and Tidy resort
Very helpful staff - (some of which clearly enjoy their job.. some of which don't)
No pressure to tip (Take some £1 Coins staff love being tipped in One Pound Coins)
Snorkelling off the pier is amazing!
Quiet resort, very couples friendly (90% of people there were couples)
Adults only really works well!
Limo/Taxi service was second to none and makes venturing out of the resort trouble free as they pick you up at the exact agreed time. The drivers are fountains of information too
Masala Indian Restaurant is fantastic! and came to about £20 for a 3 course meal each highly recommended

Bad/Not so good

Entertainment is shockingly bad, those who have been will know what I mean but this isnt a major issue as we didnt go for the entertainment - It really is embarrassingly bad though a real low point was playing bingo with a dodgy print out and toothpicks as pens and a mug as the top prize...
Young lad in the hotel shop is very rude if he doesn't make a sale - others are nice and friendly but he was borderline abusive
Cocktails are pretty basic and dont taste fantastic (unless you get a barman who wants to put the effort in) you have to pay for the decent ones but the Gin and Tonics which are on the all Inc are very good!

Recommends:

Day Trip to Raz Mohammend National Park for Scuba Diving or Snorkelling (Cost us £35 each after a bit of haggling)
Soho Square - Different world! very high end and no hassle or pressure in the shops (think its a rule for the area)
Old Market - Loads of hassle! everyone trying to get you to touch the camel... buy knock off t shirts etc but if your strong willed it makes for a nice hour out
Aqua Park! Brilliant loads of slides and a good day out (One of the best water parks I have been to)
If your Thomas Cook - I wouldn't book anything through the REP get it loads cheaper doing it direct

All in all - fantastic resort. great value for money. a very special and memorable holiday. Would go back.

Room Tip: Hit and miss - you can ask to change rooms but its difficult to do so. Try and go for block 14 its t...
4 Thank Daniel T
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thanks for issuing your very positive review regarding your recent stay at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for recommending it to anyone.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another great time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

After such an amazing holiday at this hotel the first time in September 2013 we were almost scared that our return visit 28June for 12 nights may not be able to match the excellent facilities and service from our first but we needn't have worried ,the resort surpassed itself once again. We asked if we could have rooms together preferably in same area we stayed in previously and were given the exact same rooms with terraces walking out to slide pool area.. As returning guests we had fruit basket and wine in our rooms on arrival along with robes and slippers. We were also given a free meal in Elements Restaurant which was outstanding and an hour free wifi . We visited the new Indian restaurant Massala and it certainly did not disappoint the food was excellent and very reasonably priced and the service we received from Mahmoud and Ali was fantastic. Rooms were kept spotlessly clean as was the entire resort . All staff at the resort go all out to provide an excellent customer service and I don't know how they kept going in the 100 plus degree heat and observing Ramadan but they did it brilliantly. A special thank you goes to Sam from main pool who works so hard and most of the time on his own keeping everyone supplied with drinks and fruit and always went the extra mile , Abdulla from Your Bar who never left us without a drink and was so helpful and also Reda who kept us entertained and makes an amazing Jack Hammer, Ahmed from the main restaurant and Wael from Elements and Mohamed from Zen Bar and all the staff on reception and Also Michelle from customer relations thank you to everyone for another unforgettable holiday we are booking to return next Year and can't wait to get back to this fantastic resort .

Room Tip: Rooms by slide pool block 11 are in a good location close to reception and main restaurant and quiet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mandy H
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
London
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I are young professional (in our late 20’s) and visited Xperience Sea Breeze for 7 nights for a 2nd honeymoon… as we got married 8 months ago. :-)

Generally good. I suspect some of the moodiness was due to the staff fasting as it was Ramadan (particularly the waiters). I can't imagine working 14 hour days in 35-40 degree heat with no water or food. So considering that fact, the service was brilliant. I wasn't sure if we'd tipped them earlier if things would have been different but we like to tip at the end of the holiday as opposed to throughout. Mohammad is a great restaurant manager and runs a tight ship; it’s a shame that some of his staff weren’t as accommodating at times.

Rooms
All room furnishings are the same! We saw all room types: standard (promo), standard sea view (£140 extra) & deluxe sea view (£210 extra), we chose not to upgrade as you're essentially paying for a sea view, floor (1st or 2nd) and a Jacuzzi (if you opt for deluxe). We didn't think that it was worth the money. We asked for a standard room facing a pool instead of a garden, they were full and Mahmoud (reception) gave us a free upgrade to standard partial sea view! We had 16th block, 1st floor.
The room was suitable although the bathroom hadn't been maintained to our liking. The corners of the shower and walls needed a little bleach and a good scrub. Our cleaner Awad was gracious enough to have our shower head replaced as the 1st one was full of grout. Thanks Awad!

Food and Drinks
There was a great variety of food however I'd say that the quality was average and often not hot enough so I drank loads of mint tea. First 2 days, I thought “what were people complaining about?”… By the 4th day, I understood. For breakfast I stuck to the omelette station, toast and fruit. I mainly stuck to soft drinks. I don't drink carbonated drinks and their juices were too sweet so I stuck to water and non-alcoholic cocktails. My husband said that the alcoholic cocktails were ok but nothing to write home about.
Unfortunately towards the end of the holiday, my husband and I had a bad stomach and still aren’t 100% (we’ve been back for 6 days now). Both of us have pretty strong stomachs and were careful not to have ice and brushed our teeth with bottled water.
We didn’t eat at Masala or Elements in the evening (extra charge) but we visited Fish Market (at Sultan Gardens next door, found on TA) for lunch and had 3 courses for 10 euro (including service charge). Best food we had all holiday! The starter was the size of a main dish and we decided to take a doggy bag away with us as we couldn’t finish everything, the service, value and food was fantastic!

Beach/Pools
We spent most of our time at the main pool. Sameh is the bar man at the main pool and very hard working, he doesn't stop serving drinks at the bar and poolside, collecting cups, offering fruit sticks, clearing up etc. We chose to tip him at the end the holiday as he deserved it. He was fantastic.

Spa
We paid £40 pp for the Cleopatra Message (2hrs). It's printed as 900 LE (approx. £75-£90), don't accept that price! Haggle. Karim as a salesman was great. Our massage and scrub etc. was great but not much explanation about what will happen next. We were relaxing in the 'steam room' when our masseuse walked in and said "lay down" at which point the proceeded with the Egyptian scrub!

Entertainment
Animation team were really friendly and work hard despite a tough audience. Didn't get involved in the pool activities but water polo and aqua aerobics looked like loads of fun.
Night time entertainment was ok but I didn't expect much for a small hotel.

Excursions
We booked all our excursions (Ultimate Desert Experience and Red Sea Cruise) through Falcon Adventures (found on Trip Advisor). Their excursions were half the price than those quoted by our hotel rep. However our hotel rep Mostafa booked us a free transfer to Soho Sq for our final night which we were grateful for. Also visited Naama Bay, which was an experience! If you don't like to be bothered... don't go! We found it quite entertaining but exhausting. Soho Sq was gorgeous though and definitely more our ‘style’.

Transfer
Don't book a ‘speedy transfer’ as Sea Breeze will be one of the 1st drop offs as Sharks bay is 10mins from the airport and you’ll spend extra money for no reason.

Quick Note
Report any 'missing' items from your mini bar when you first enter the room. Our cleaner went on holiday and the new cleaner 'replenished' the mini bar with 2 500ml bottles of water (there were no bottles of water in the mini bar prior to this). On check out, they tried to change us for 2 bottles of water, after much convincing they eventually believed us... I think. Easy mistake to make when cleaners change shifts during a guests stay.

Exchange rate
Be aware that the exchange rate in Sharm is 12 LE to 1 GBP. If you exchange your money in the UK for less than this, you get a bum deal, either exchange your money there or pay for everything in sterling so you can keep track of how much you're spending.

Summary
Xperience Sea Breeze is great value for money and we had a great first time holiday in Sharm. I would say it’s a 3.5 star hotel. Its facilities (spa and gym) rank it higher. If we return, we'd definitely folk out for a UK standard 5 star hotel however if we're on a budget, I'd gladly run back to Xperience Sea Breeze.

Room Tip: All room furnishings are the same! We saw all room types: standard (promo), standard sea view (£140...
4 Thank MissSmithLondon
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
First, allow me thank you for the time taken to write you feedback about your latest experience at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Thanks again for your feedback and would hope to welcome you back personally, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wanted a last minute holiday and chose this for 2 reasons - price and tripadvisor reviews. My first time in Egypt and I went with my sister who has visited SES 5 times. WOW. What a delight. We were greeted with smiles and booked in immediately. Were given a warm welcome and a cold cocktail (lovely), We were given room 1125 as we had requested blocks 11 or 12. Room was lovely. 2 double beds. Immaculately clean - not a hair in sight. We overlooked a pool surrounded by pretty gardens and date palm trees. It was a pleasure sitting on our balcony. There was work going on in the hotel next door but the noise was minimal and did not bother us. Our cleaner Mina was good at his job and did wonderful towel art.

We tried the top pool and the pool we overlooked but we fell in love with the bottom pool by the beach. The service there was incredible. The towel boys Samwil and Mena were funny and entertaining as well as keeping the pool area spotless. Two days before we left Samwil was on beach duty and holiday makers missed him so asked the management and next day he was back (Thank you Ibrahim Sobhy - front office manager). The Jewel of the Nile was the barman Sammeh. He kept us supplied with cold drinks and must have been a mind reader - he seemed to know before we did what drink we wanted. I have never seen anyone work as hard as Sammeh. He never stopped and could multi-task with ease. Always professionally friendly with a smile. I would suggest that he is given more help by the pool so that he could chat a while with guests. Was never hassled by people trying to sell their wares - in fact we would chat with them because they were so nice. Karim who books the spa and massages was lovely.

The Tiran restaurant was spotless. A different theme every night and there was plenty of food to choose from. There was a choice for the fussiest of eaters like my sister who said the food was the best she had ever eaten in Egypt. Mohammed the restaurant manager ensured our every need was met, explaining some of the dishes to us. He ran the restaurant and managed his staff superbly. Have never been in such a well run hotel restaurant. Such a lovely man and nothing was too much trouble for him. We never tried Masala or Elements because the food was so good in the restaurant. We ate plenty of salad and had ice in our drinks and didnt suffer with a stomach upset once. Snack bar on the beach did lovely chicken cobs.

The hotel was on a hill. We usually walked down to the beach pool after breakfast but usually got the bus up the hill (we were on holiday after all). The grounds, gardens and pools were kept well maintained and very clean.

Snorkling off the jetty was amazing and as a first time snorkler I felt quite safe. Had a couple of nice walks up the beach.

The shops at hotel had everything you needed. Joseph is a delight and I loved my purse and handbag. Reception - service was spot on - you couldnt improve if you wanted. Your Bar - had a relaxing atmosphere and what great bar staff. The main entertaining area of an evening was well spaced out and usually a nice breeze could be felt. Some people have complained about the quality of entertainment but we found it quite good. Brilliant fire act. Mr Xperience had me and my sister in tears laughing. Even had one game of bingo - which I won lol. Entertainment team were not pushy and a special mention for Ramon who made a point of seeing if me and my sister were ok and enjoying our stay everyday.

We went to Soho Square one evening which was a delight - so many things to see and do and we werent hassled once. Had heard that Naama Bay was a hassle nightmare so went early one morning just to look around - nice beach. Had the obligatory ride on a camel (which was parked opposite hotel entrance) - it was a scream - literally. But fun.

There have been comments suggesting that tipping at the beginning of the holiday makes a difference in the service you get. We got the best ever service and did not tip until the end.

Met some lovely people from all around the UK.

Overall - a fantastic hotel with the best staff ever. I loved it and will be returning. A special mention to Mohammed restaurant manager - You made eating a pleasure. A special mention to Sammeh - you made this holiday one of the best I have ever had and it was a pleasure meeting you. You are so hardworking, always smile and make the most amazing pharoahs cocktail. See you all soon.

Room Tip: Couldnt fault room 1125.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jayne M
We would like to take the opportunity to send you our sincere appreciation and thankfulness for your great feedback upon your recent visit to Egypt and of course at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
We read with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic holiday and we thank you especially for the lovely, praising words regarding our team members, food variety and resort and rooms’ cleanliness. And thank you for recommending our resort to anyone.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort as all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Arrived back in England this morning after me and my partner spent 10 days here, very sad to be home! This is by far the best all inclusive hotel I have stayed in. The staff could not do enough for us! Ehmed (if thats how it is spelt) was so helpful and friendly each evening he would make sure we always had a drink! The food was of a good standard, it was a different theme each night so was good to have a change. The Elements restaurant near the beach was amazing food, was an extra charge but only worked out around £30-£40 for 2 starters and 2 main meals! The Indian restaurant Masala was also very nice around the same price. The hotel was spotless too, everywhere you look there is someone working! Mohammad our room attendant was so sweet and polite we came back to our room each evening to get ready and the room was perfect with a different towel art each day which was a really nice touch! We had a big bottle of water each day free of charge.The animation team work really hard on the entertainment too! Everything about this hotel and each member of staff made our stay here so special, I would 100% return to Xperience Sea Breeze. As for Sharm its self is such a beautiful place, we took a boat trip to Ras Mohammad, my partner went diving which was great! Thanks to everyone at Sea breeze for such a fabulous holiday!

Room Tip: We stayed in block 14 which was ideal as it was right in the middle of the beach and the reception a...
2 Thank Claire W
Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.
Your praising to the staff you mentioned is very much appreciated and will be passed into them as I am sure they will appreciated in return , and glad that you enjoyed our food served and it has gained your satisfaction.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.
Loggerheads, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have just returned from a week at the Xperience sea breeze with my partner, we are in our fourties and I guess middle class,(not skint but not posh)firstly I would like to say that as many of the reviews say the staff are fantastic and the hotel is very clean, but there is definitely a chance for this hotel to be great. the bathrooms do need some tlc and the main complaint I have is the food .Yes it is plentiful and of a good quality but its tasteless and repetitive.
I would suggest the use of GARLIC! I was dying for some! finally towards the end of the holiday I spotted chicken Kiev! alas it was bizarrely wrapped in a cinnamon crust and yes I did say cinnamon and filled with green stuff of no flavour. ITS A CHICKEN KIEV! I THOUGHT ID FINALLY GET MY GARLIC! yes maybe I could have eaten at the on site restaurant Masala at extra cost but should I really have to do that? the guy who runs the main restaurant the Tiran is a true professional as are all the staff and hopefully they will soon realise that the majority of us brits which I would say were the greatest proportion of the guests LOVE garlic, please please include it?!The next issue is that be careful where on the complex to stay if you want peace ask to be put in the middle of the blocks of rooms, you want to be nowhere near the front or back of the hotel, the hotel is like the cross section of a custard slice, layers going from the main road going down on a steep slope to the beachy type area. so by going in the middle you avoid reception which has the entertainment or the bottom pool which again can be loud with music and the animation team who by the way are very pleasant and not pushy at all also the men trying to sell you excursions, the beach area is never busy and although I didn't snorkel because the fish freak me out my partner did and he enjoyed it very much. We were both very ill on our second day until the end of our hols which was really upsetting, we were told it was the heat, we did not eat the salad or rice or eat dodgy ice cubes, we kept ourselves very hydrated and hardly drank alcohol at all, so I really don't know the cause but it did spoil things.
this hotel needs to decide who it wants staying there and price itself accordingly, the cheap prices attract the type of person who was happy to wear a vest and flip flops in the restaurant in the evening although there are signs everywhere to say that was not preferred, then there was people who really dressed up and looked out of place, its a bit confused, i think though personally that because of the quality of the staff and management at this hotel, they should raise prices to rule out certain people and raise the standards more, to fit in with a more discerning client base.In short, get some STRONG anti runs tablets, email hotel with room requests(peace or action) don't go if you don't like a steep walk everyday and take some garlic!(if you like it of course)apart from that for the price a good hotel, not great but good.

4 Thank melmart3
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
It is a great honor to see that in general you were happy with our services rendered. Your pleasant comments about the hotel staff service and hotel location are passed to them to encourage and ensure they are appreciated from our end as well.
All your comments were explained in details with all the departments concerned and all the necessary action are taken in order to provide our guests the highest standard of service.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we were group of 4 friends staying in this resort , after reading the comments in tripadvisor , We were expecting something huge , the hotel is very good 3 and half or at maximum 4 stars hotel .

for you to imagine the hotel is on hill with 8 blocks in row , between each 2 blocks there is a small swimming pool and at the first and the end of the blocks there is big swimming pools with pool bars,

the main good point about the hotel is the stuff , they r not pushy and try to be helpful , just one accident happened when we were eating little late dinner sandwich because we missed dinner , one of the stuff was so unpolite and said in arabic they are eating for 30 mins on the table which was so unpolite and not your problem at all ..

the hotel is with no beach like the other hotels in sharks bay , you will have to walk with the little bridge into water then jump into deep water ,

we got 110 dollars for all inclusive double room , otherwise i wont be back . not 5 stars

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hesham K
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.
Please accept our sincere apologies. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and some notes had been taken in order to improve our standard of service.
We hope that you will give us once again the chance to host you at our resort in the near future and we will be glad to assist you in any needs to provide you with a positively memorable stay.