“Amazing Equestrian Centre, Horses and Owners :)”

Edelweiss Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Edelweiss Equestrian is Egyptian owned and operated with over 20 years of experience. We provide beach and desert safaris on horseback, horse riding lessons, boarding for horses, holds various events at the center such as competitions and parties, etc.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Equestrian Centre, Horses and Owners :)”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Mahmoud/Captain is an amazing instructor, I only got the chance to do one lesson with him as I booked the day before I flew home but what an amazing trainer. I broke my shoulder a few years ago after a jumping accident which made me loose all of my confidence. I tried several instructors in the UK but for some reason could not overcome my fear of jumping. I met Mahmoud and as soon as he had me on my horse he had me feeling relaxed and at ease and after 15 mins flat work he had me jumping again :)
I enjoyed it so much that I am currently looking for another holiday to go back there with my husband in October and I can't wait :)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tina R

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A fun activity for horseriding enthusiasts!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I came across the idea of a horseriding excursion while researching things to do in sharm el sheikh on trip adviser before my holiday. An excursion from Edelweiss was fairly high up on the list of recommendations, so after reading some really positive reviews decided to contact edelweiss via Facebook to arrange our trek. Unfortunately there was no method to reserve or pay on their website, so after numerous Facebook messages edelweiss agreed to reserve my trek and I would pay on arrival. This was great but it would be a real improvement to include an online booking and payment section on their website. I booked a 3 hour trek setting off at 6am on a Sunday! Early start but it did avoid the heat and was lovely and cool while the sun rose. Our trek was described as a desert trek but I must admit I was disappointed that the 'desert' was really only the arid land behind the coastal resorts and we were always within a hundred meters of a main road. The scenery was not as impressive as I'd hoped - I was expecting proper desert like on the tv, but maybe I expect too much? The stables were very good though and the owner managed to find me some spare riding boots and socks as I hadn't brought appropriate footwear to Egypt! This was really appreciated. It was my me and my 11 year old daughter on the trek and we had 1 guide between us, also on horseback. Our horses were lovely and my horse rosena was very well behaved and easy to ride. My daughter's horse Iziz was less well behaved and unfortunately had a bit of a set to with our guide's horse, they started kicking and the horse reared up which really frightened my daughter. The guide tried very hard to reassure her and encourage her to keep riding but she insisted on walking and leading her horse for most of the trek after that. I was hoping we would have travelled further out into the desert where the scenery may have been more impressive but I wasn't sure if the reason we didn't was because we weren't moving quickly enough to cover the distance or if the 3 hour trek is always based around the area we stayed in. The trek was very expensive for the 2 of us, about €140 I think, which I did not think was good value for the overall experience. It was something different to try on holiday but probably not something I would repeat. Credit to the equestrian centre though, the standards were very good in the centre itself, clean healthy horses and friendly, helpful staff.

5 Thank Emmajane16
Southampton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very good”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

ery big lots of different pools and slides, the girls enjoyed it but it could of been cleaner the toilets had a lot to be desired

Visited March 2013
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The only place to ride in Sharm”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Horse riding is the best ever here horses are very well cared for, after every ride the horse has its legs stretched and they take a shower, nice tosee them in such good healthy condition, nice staff and superb facilities, whether your a complete beginner or expert there's something for everyone here a must whilst on holiday.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Maria S
Thetford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“riding”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

brilliant, hadn't been riding for years was so good made us feel like kids again. what an experience to ride in the desert.

Visited October 2012