“FANTASTIC !!!!!”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #25 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Good afternoon to all at Sultan Gardens. We have just had the most amazing week, we took my daughter and two gradnchildren, Taylor aged 7 and Cerys aged 3 who had a great time.
On arrivel, we were given dinner which was great after 6 hour flight. Check was was quickly dealt with we were given 2 junior suites excellent. Mr Bassel met at VIP cocktail meeting he sat with us for ages telling us about new ideas for Hotel which is going to be so good. All staff were 1st class nothing to much bother to them. We met Sam who is now in Resturant taking bookings for Italian etc., we met her last year she is a very special person. Ehab who is now in Beach Bar is Fantastic he should be on Hotel floor he is a number one person ready for and the room cleaner he is worth a pay rise they work such long hours and they all do.This was our second visit to Hotel and certainley not last. once again thank you all very much for making our holiday special
Margaret,Brian,Trudi,Taylor and Cerys
Dunfermine - Scotland
galsgowdog@yahoo.co.uk

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Dear lamond,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we all hope you will return soon.

There are newer reviews for Sultan Gardens Resort

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have just returned from Sultan Gardens and had a fantastic time. We travelled as a family of 4 and was given a spacious clean and tidy apartment where we had two seperate rooms both with a tv and a free safe in each room.The rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels you have a decent sized bathroom with shower too.
The one thing that makes this hotel work is the friendliness of the staff, Ali and Neeazy who looked after the quiet pool and provided towels, the cold towels on a warm day all I can say what an awesome touch. Eslam and Abu the quiet pool bar staff these guys were so attentive and worked so hard to provide you with drinks shukran you deserve a pay rise.
All The animation team worked very hard to provide fantastic shows and activities on the beach. Alex Kemo( Karem) Dylan Moose Emma Beth Mizo cheers for the fun times..

I did encounter a few problems over my holiday and the matters were rectified straight away with minimal fuss by Guest services.
One main issue was the wearing of a vest to the evening meal you could go in for breakfast and dinner but for an evening you could not, I did discuss this with management who felt that it was a 5 star hotel which was trying to show a smart dress code
I had to agree to disagree with this rule I did see many women go in with vests and very short shorts and low cut dresses this must have been very comfortable for them especially as most of the evenings the humidity was very hot I too and many men would also like to feel comfortable of an evening so please could you use some discretion on this matter.
The food was fantastic offering a varied range of food the desserts were delicious Casa mia was one of the A la Carte restaurants you had to book this and to do so the very helpful Sam was always there to help take the order the food was exeptional and the staff attentive its well worth visiting.
Having visited Egypt 3 times now this hotel should be in top 5 on trip advisor especially as it was excellent for value for money with amazing staff I would definatly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate re booking again.

Ps do take Mozzie spray

Room Tip: Family rooms near Oasis bar perfect location
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Snellybaby

Dear Snellybaby,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure to host you and to have the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your concerns.

We look forward to your next visit and remain at your service.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

this was our third visit to sharm and if we had found this hotel first we woulnt have stayed anywhere else ,we requested a second floor refurbished room by the pool and were granted all three , staying in room 143 the room was spotless with a flat screen tv and had everything you would need . we had one issue with with water pressure ,a call down to reception and it was fixed within 5 minuits . food was lovely and varied ,on russian night my fussy son struggled to find something to eat ,when i mentioned this to the waiter he called the chef over who asked my son what he would like to eat ,he told him some pizza . so he sent a waiter over to casa mica italian resturant to get a pizza made and bought back specially for him ,this is what makes this hotel stand out they really do care about their customers and my god it shows . the animation team where unbelievable ,they tought me yoga ,belly dancing ,funny water fights with my son ,if u dont want to join in theres no pressure ,but ive never laughed so much and didnt want to leave . what makes this hotel truly stand out is the caring staff and high level of customer service you recieve from check in to check out . i will definalty be back and i dont usually stay in the same hotel twice but for this one ill definatly be making an exeption .

Room Tip: one tip take insect repellent ,we only took wipes and we got eaten !!
1  Thank gaige
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked this hotel by reading the good reviews. We booked via holiday gems who upgraded our room to a junior suite. The Thomson flight was just like a cattle market headed on and off, with little leg room so good job it was only a five hour flight. On arrival in Egypt it was utter cahasos as had to queue for ages to go through passport control.

As I had e mailed the hotel prior to travelling to collect us, they were waiting as we left the airport, and as we were the only ones being picked up we were quickly on our way which only took 10 minutes to the hotel. We were greeted at reception although no welcome drink or flannel, and was ushered to dinner as it was getting late. We were then given our room key and suitcases were waiting outside for us. I thought being a junior suite it would be superior, but was not to my liking at all, there was a strange breakfast bar/kitchen in the middle of the room, and the bathroom was not up to scratch. I was expecting a pool/sea view which I requested but the room was looking over one of the restaurants. The room was in the 600's. We went straight down to reception and requested to be moved. They asked us to come in the morning as it was quite late.

In the morning we had a good look around the hotel looking at areas where we would like to be, we then went back to reception and sat with the deputy manager who was very obliging and gave us a lovely standard room suited in the 200's which was not too far from reception and had a lovely view of the sea. The room was spacious, very clean and had a good choice to tv channels. Just a word of warning be careful when shutting the patios door if sitting outside on the balcony as it locks itself and we got stuck on the balcony and had to shout to our neighbours to get help

The service, food, and staff are excellent nothing is too much trouble my husband wanted feta cheese one lunch time which wasn't on the menu but just by asking some was brought to our table. They will do their upmost to please you in every way.

We stayed by the quiet pool most days where there was again excellent service by our friend Islam, and I really have to mention Ali who greater us every morning with our towels and sunbeds. There was always plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. The best bit for me was when Ali came around twice a day with freezing cold lemon smelling flannels to cool you down a much welcome treat.

Of all the bars, we preferred the oasis bar as it was trendy and nice and cool. We ate in the Italian restaurant twice which was very nice and had no problem booking. They are in the process of moving this into a new area by the oasis bar, and are turning the Italian into an Indian.

A word of advice is to take plenty of mosquito repellant and plug ins as there were loads of people who had to go to the doctor as they were covered in bites. Fortunately for us we didn't get bit once.

Overall a very well enjoyable holiday with great service, friendly staff, even the manager mr Basil came to talk to you to ask you if you were enjoying your holiday and if there was anything that could be improved. This was a hotel were many of the people we met had returned several times, so to me that says it all.

Oh forgot to mention there is a fab Taylor in one of the shops at the hotel were husband had a fab silk suite made for him within 3 days, all lined with shirt, and a tie for a very good price. He even took up 2 of my long dresses for a snippet. Highly recommended.
Referred

Room Tip: If you have a disability do. It choose rooms right at the bottom. 600's or 100;s are good on a h...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank torfaenwesty
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear torfaenwesty,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Having just returned from the Sultan Gardens 3rd june I had to add to the reviews
best hotel by far that we have stayed in.Its quite a large resort with something for everyone I travelled with a girlfriend and we just wanted a relaxing week in the sun which we had .The quiet pool was lovely and well run by Ali who would move your sunbeds rearrange the umbrella and bring round cold towels in the heat of the day your drinks were bought to you great service.We opted to sit outside at the main restaurant and again nothing was too much trouble for Osama our waiter who knew what drinks we wanted at breakfast lunch and dinner service with a smile everytime. Basel the manager came round meeting and greeting everyone asking for positive and negative feedback very interested in everyones comments.We stayed in the 400 block opposite the beach very clean room .Food was hot good and varied .Do take mozzie spray

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the beach quieter suited us dont leave your room card next to your mobile or camera w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Went to Sultan Gardens Resort from 16th to 30th May with our friends John & Marie (their second time).the hotel was absolutely spotless and there were plenty of sun beds and shades. The food was plentiful and of very good quality.and you could eat in the Casa Mia twice a week as part of the all inclusive package.There was a theme night each night and whilst we were there they introduced an Indian night.
The towels for the pool and beach were free as was the Safety Deposit safe in the room.The weather was fabulous so most of the holiday was spent by the pool or on the beach, the sunbeds were excellent.
The staff at the hotel were so helpfull and friendly. My wife as taken ill, probably due to change of weather, food and drink, but the medical staff (on site) were brilliant and caring specifically Kareem and Dr Ahmed.
Mr Basel and his brother showed a high profile and spent time talking to the holiday makers, a nice touch.
Would return again but don't expect to go out of the hotel for a walk to a bar it's not that sort of a holiday.
Taxis are easy to arrange through the hotel and are very efficient. Went to Naarma bay , which is in your face, but Soho Square, very smart is worth a visit.
The other holiday makers we met through our friends really added to our holiday, especially Mike and his family from Wigan.
The waiters, entertainment and pool staff were excellent, particular mention of Mohammed at the mail pool.Well done to Mr Basel for the money beins spent on the hotel, new restaurants etc.
There is a Taftaf (bus) to take you to the beach, don't try to walk it.

Room Tip: We had rooms 122 & 124 which were ideal for the main pool and the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2012

First time in Sharm, there was me (45) and my son (14) and glad I picked this hotel as the complex is fantastic. Had a room overlooking the beach, 30 second walk but about a 5 minute walk to the reception and main pools, but im on hols and im in no rush! Staff very friendly, laying out your towels on the bed, bringing you drinks etc etc. Pools not as freezing as I expected from the reports that ive read, was in there plenty of times. Plenty to eat although I did get a dicky tummy on the Wednesday and stayed on pasta for the rest of the holiday which was to die for!
Fresh omelets, poached eggs and fried eggs in the morning, loads of fruit (which is prob why I had a dicky tummy as I dont eat it at home)(also too many vodka and oranges!)
Spirits were fine, prob not as strong as at home but very enjoyable, beer a bit gassy for me but I only had a couple. Red wine was quite nice.
Worst thing was the mozzies! Get some OFF spray as soon as you get there - I had 23 bites on the first night then when I bought the spray I prob had about 2 for the rest of the hols - They are a pain in the butt!
Days out - Quad biking in the desert - well recommended! My lad wanted to go on this trip and I was a bit weary but it was that good we booked again! £20 for 2 hours - well worth it for the experience.
Naama Bay & The Old Town - Can these people not leave you alone! Cripes - they just got on your nerves in the end. Been there, seen it, done it, wouldnt do it again.
Soho Sq - luxury compared to the other 2 but a bit dearer - dont go during the day the shops are shut. dont go to the English pub - The Old Vic or something like that - £8.50 for a vodka and orange and pineapple juice and the steak house above some friends went at the same time - steak & chips x 2 / 1 coffee / 1 beer = £80!
Dont get taken in by the oil shops - your there for half an hour - I had more oil on me than Cleopatra on an oily day!
Overall a great holiday and would recommend!