“Yoga and Pilates (blissfull) retreat @ Sultan Gardens with Dawn”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #19 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Yoga and Pilates (blissfull) retreat @ Sultan Gardens with Dawn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came across Dawn's Yoga retreat when searching for a sunny retreat type escape from the UK, I had never done anything like this although I do love Yoga and Pilates, it was a fantastic week and I would recommend it to anyone regardless of their level. Sessions were held in front of the ocean, the perfect backdrop to clear your mind and I came away feeling amazing, although I am not as filled with inner peace as I was following the retreat, it has made me want to continue Yoga practice and I will be booking the next retreat in March as soon as the dates are confirmed. Dawn and Debbie are very knowledgeable and great teachers (and generally lovely people). Being in Egypt was an added bonus as you get enough time in the day in between practices to leave with a tan too...If you go you must buy some of the local oils sold in the shop upstairs at the hotel - Aloe Vera and Jasmin were amazing and made my tan go on longer than any lotions you can get. A brilliant week

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Jo W,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will return soon.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have just returned from 1 week at the Sultan Gardens after a recommendation from friends and almost everyone we met there had been several times before - a good sign! We hoped for a week of complete rest and relaxation and that was exactly what we got - attentive, friendly staff, choice of restaurants, beautiful surroundings and 4 pools plus a beach to choose from. I wasn't sure how the 'all-inclusive' side would work out but it was great value for money - the staff at the main pool bar in particular were very attentive and kept the cold drinks coming,often without you even having to ask. All this with only a ten minute transfer from the airport!
We had our 2 children with us - aged 9 and 12 - and there was no danger of boredom with the pools to jump in and the reef and amazing fish to look at whilst snorkelling from the pontoon at the beach (bring some wet-suit shoes if you want to walk out into the sea). The animation team did a fantastic job of providing lots of activities for all ages too. I've always been a bit wary of 'enforced fun' but they got it just right - if you wanted to have a go at water polo you were welcome but if not that was fine too.
I would recommend a massage at the spa if you have time - they will tailor it to your requirements and very reasonable price too.
Already planning our return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura C
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Laura C,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say about this hotel...
Out of all the 11 hotels I've been in,
In sharm this one caters to my every need.
I have bowl cancer so I'm wheat and dairy and veg intolerant.
And the head chef catered for my every need. Sent an email the first time we went in December and again in April 2014.... Had a meeting with the head chef and they where amazing like all the staff at this hotel.
Love the way they look after you and I have that I don't have to complain about anything because it's clean and well run.
Can't wait to go back in September
The beach is lovely kept clean and the waiters look after you.
The restaurants are lovely and there is nothing I can complain about

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathyobbard
Dear Kathyobbard,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very happy that we are able to cater to your needs.
All of us look forward to your next visit and we remain at your service.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I along with our two teenage sons 13 and 15 years old stayed between the 23rd and 30th May 2014 and had a wonderful time. Even before we travelled Joseph Spendlove provided us with all the information we required by email and accommodated any special requests we had including a sea view room and we arrived to find that our room had even been upgraded!
The food was excellent all round however the Italian restaurant is probably the best I have ever eaten in. All of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating at all times, nothing was ever too much trouble. I need to make a special mention to the guys working at the beach bar as they were fantastic and Mohammed working at the swimming pool with the flume, as he really did do everything anyone asked at all times with out even battering an eye lid.
Also. we visited the Indian restaurant during our stay, which again was excellent, they even brought out a cake for our anniversary whilst singing and dancing! It was brilliant.
The only thing I would say is that the jetty became very busy with boat trips and snorkling and would benefit from being bigger to better accommodate the number of people wishing to use it.

I have only rated the rooms as very good only for the reason that they are now looking slightly dated, however they were always clean, sheets changed everyday!

We are planning our next visit as we speak!

Room Tip: Distant sea view seems to work best as you are still near to the heart of the complex.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank S0phia1988
Dear SOphia1988,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to confirm that room upgrades are ongoing and that a second jetty will be installed on the beach this Summer.

Thank you again. We look forward to your return and we remain at your service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

A wonderful relaxing 7 days. Went on a yoga retreat run by Dawn. It was a very well organised week with a good balance between yoga sessions & free time. The yoga was taught at a high standard. At the end of each session I felt totally relaxed I thoroughly enjoyed each session. The hotel was excellent & staff were very attentive. The rooms were very spacious , comfortable & clean. The cleaning staff worked very hard and made sure the rooms had all the extra little touches. There was a very varied menu that catered for all. The food was of a good standard. In summary, a thoroughly enjoyable yoga retreat at a great location taught by a brilliant teacher.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle A
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Michelle A,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ever since first holidaying here when we realised it was somewhere special , the more likely it will be the favourite choice for me and my Disabled lady.
You will have read many reviews that are mainly very good , and of course the odd complainant,
ie . mistaking Mozzy bites for bed lice was one I saw. And not enough food variety !!
With 5 dining venues , and pool and beach eateries , the choice and quality is amazing for price of all inclusive.
Beverages are freely offered by efficient staff around pools , bars & at the beach bar, Inclusive drinks menu also includes some basic cocktails. No queueing like some hotels I have stayed in.
If you want attentive helpful staff at all levels this is the most genuine resort hotel I have ever found

Peter K & Marj

Room Tip: Pool or sea view rooms are great for "morning sunrise" start to your day !!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter K
Dear Peter K,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We are happy that we are able to cater to your needs and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at Sultan Gardens in April this year and it was excellent. I took part in a yoga retreat holiday and the hotel catered for all our needs. The staff could no do enough. Rooms very clean and the food was good. The yoga retreat was fab and I would defiantly go back again. Dawn was a great teacher and organised the classes for everyone needs and levels. I would highly recommend this hotel and yoga retreat. You won't be disappointed .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends