“Amazing holiday”

Worcestershire
“Amazing holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent Hotel – Amazing staff

My daughter and I visited Sultan Gardens in June 2014 – my 4th time at this hotel. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff , amenities and accommodation. This is an excellent hotel so if you are thinking of holidaying in Egypt do not hesitate to book Sultan Gardens.

I have stayed at many 5* hotels throughout the world but I have never experienced better customer relations service anywhere. There are so many repeat visitors and so many excellent trip advisor reviews that it is difficult to write anything original.

Do contact the hotel when you have booked your holiday with room requests and flight details and they will collect you from the airport and do their best to fulfil your room request. I have limited mobility so I emailed the hotel 3 weeks before our visit explained my health issues and requested a ground floor room, close to amenities and a sun lounger on the balcony so I could rest in the afternoon without going to bed. Ihab (Deputy manager) emailed me straight back confirming that we would be allocated the same room as we had previously occupied – none of the usual ‘we will endeavour to fulfil your request but cannot guarantee etc’- a truly amazing answer.

In my previous review I stated that the hotel is very ‘wheelchair friendly with ramps everywhere; however I should have explained that although there are ramps throughout the hotel access to the actual beach is difficult because of the steps leading down to it. If you have mobility/health issues email the hotel and they will allocate a suitable room. When we arrived we were personally escorted to our room, staff were always offering to assist with my wheelchair and at mealtimes staff helped in every way they could. When we ventured onto a boat trip with Dive1One the staff were so fantastic that we went back for a second trip.

The management at this hotel are so proactive that they are continually striving to improve in whatever way they can. Examples of this are the dining room is kept open after 10pm so latecomers can have dinner and there is now even a mosquito repellent and weighing scales in the room. Food is excellent and even better than my previous visits.

This visit I discovered the onsite Spa ‘Butterflies’ and I cannot believe that during my previous 3 visits I have overlooked such a gem. My daughter and I were persuaded to book a scrub and massage package and we could not believe just how fantastic it was. My skin felt like silk and it was the best massage I have ever had. We were so impressed that we booked a repeat package on the day before we came home, and our only regret was that we didn’t visit the spa earlier then we could have fitted in more treatments. I also booked manicure, pedicure and facial – if you are interested do ask about their special offers and barter.

Currency wise – do not exchange in UK (post office rate was 9.75) use the ATM in the lobby (rate 12.05).

If needed pharmacy on site is excellent.

All in all a fantastic holiday and I can’t wait to go back in January 2015 with my husband.

Room Tip: Contact hotel with special requests
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 2nasus
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear 2nasus,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy to read that you so thoroughly enjoyed your most recent stay with us.

All of us look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
newcastle upon tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

sultan gardens was a beautiful resort. the resort was very clean and all the employees were very friendly and couldnt help you enough!! ive never been somewhere that is so welcoming. a big thanks to ali and ramy the two waiters who made our mealtimes soooo enjoyable!! the two guys joked with us and made the whole experience amazing! they deserve a pay rise!! please pass on our gratitude from richy and lisa. the beach was lovely and clean and also the pool. all the bar staff were friendly and i dont think we had an empty glass the full time we were there. joe the manager even made a short video and sent it via email for me to present to my wife as the trip was a surprise honeymoon. i could go on and on about how pleased i was with sultan gardens. i would highly recommend sultan gardens to anyone who is thinking about visiting sharm. again thankyou so much and hopefully myself and lisa will be back soon!!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank richyj4
Dear richyj4,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and helpful review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return soon and we all remain at your service.

Gistel, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

An extra star is added to the Sultan Gardens Resort Sharm el Sheikh :

During our recent stay (June 2014), we met up with the new "office manager" Mister Joseph Spendlove. What a nice, friendly and helpful man, always at your service, nothing is too much for him. Definitely a superstar, and credit to the whole team. Congratulations and welcome Mr. Joseph.
Thanks for being there when someone needs help or advice.

Room Tip: Rooms 100 close to everything you need
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Daniel B
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Tepee05,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. We look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel enough excellent accommodation, excellent staff, excellent food, excellent entertainment team. If they could only get the wifi sorted then this would be a great help to many people and not enough band width I think but that is my only moan of the last 10 days. This was my 3rd return visit and I am looking at rebooking another holiday with them. Lofty in the main restaurant and Ahmed in the pool bar are outstanding a real plus for this complex

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Richard T
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Richard T,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

East Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Yes there are Russians, they are mostly rude as they are everywhere. But make no mistake, the service you receive here makes up for everything. To recall, Waleed, our housekeeper immaculate. Ahmed at the pool bar, legend. Abley assisted by Ahmed 2 and tall Mohammed at the quiet pool! Maher and Sayed at the pool, nothing too much trouble. Waleed at El Dar, "alrite geezer!". Khaleed in Casa Mia, great lad, good luck with the baby. The animation team always headed up by Moose with sidekick Rami. Now with the amazing Rina! Beautiful, fun and full of beans, if only I was 20years younger!
On site clinic, I have not received treatment as good in the Uk. Dr Ahmed and Kareem relax you and take away your fears. Do not hesitate in trusting their skill and judgement. Thankyou.
We showed round 2 separate couples from next doors hotel Experience we met over the supermarket. They will be staying at Sultan Gardens next year!!
This is a special hotel with staff who do care. We will be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you go elsewhere, good luck. I won't be... Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Pay for a suite at the pool if you want luxury. All rooms are big and roomy though.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Justin72-007
Dear Justin72-007,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and helpful review. We also appreciate your continuing support for our Resort. All of us look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

cambridge england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have just had our 3rd stay at SG and can't wait to return. We have been to lots of hotels in Egypt, but this is the only one we return to. What makes it special are the wonderful staff who despite working long hours in 100 degree heat always have a smile on there face and nothing is to much trouble for them. Whilst there is a long list of people I could mention I will just thank Mohammed Sharkey on the beach bar who kept us topped up with cool drinks all day. You will also see lots of members of the management walking around who will always stop for a chat, and ask if there is anything they can do for you. The food is very good, with the trays being changed long before anything goes cold, the Italian I can highly recommend, i'm not an Indian fan but heard very good reports. As we are beach people we had a great time with plenty of free beds,we had friends at both the quite pool and the main pool and they all had a good time. There is another pool being built and some more improvements going on. So all in all a big thank you to Basel (the owner) and all of his team from the top to the bottom for giving us another fantastic holiday, it really is our home from home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nigelfran
Dear nigelfran,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just got home from my second stay at this hotel and can't wait to go back, the hotel is laid out very well with a large main pool split into two that always has spare loungers and a quiet pool nearer the main hotel.
Never used the kids pool so can't really comment on it.
We stayed in one of the refurbished pool view rooms which was done to a very good standard.
I have stayed at this hotel previously and was surprised that so many staff actually remembered me by name but it's that kind of place, take the time to get to know the excellent staff and you will be rewarded by meeting some of the nicest people you could wish to meet especially lofty in the main restaurant and big Ahmed (with the black perm) at the pool bar.
The food is good and varied and has a different theme each night.
I have visited sharm 7 times now and this is the only hotel I have returned to and will be the only one I go to in future.
This hotel has all you want and does it very well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scottspur
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Scottspur,