“Mr Sultan!”

Ranked #21 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Crewe
“Mr Sultan!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Well we had yet another holiday at the SGR in January/February this year, our 5th to date! Upgraded on arrival to Sultan Class as per normal, well worth the money. Those dine around privileges are awesome, the food is absolutely fabulous, you wouldn't get any better food anywhere, and we are fussy eaters. The steak in the Casa Mia is fantastic, but our favourite has to be the prawn cocktails, coconut shrimp, chicken wings in the Fleur de Lis/Seafood Market, to name but a few!!
It was great to catch up with all the staff yet again, welcomed once again like old friends, nothing is too much trouble for them. In fact my husband has been renamed Mr Sultan by some of the staff.
Upgraded to a suite yet again, due to the loyalty club privileges, the rooms are always cleaned to a high standard.
Had the pleasure of meeting Mr John this year from Scotland, don't normally make friends on
holiday as we like to keep to ourselves, but glad we made his acquaintance.
We have just one criticism which we did make known and that was the quiet pool wasn't quiet! We have had our children and now like to laze by the quiet pool, reading and sunbathing, but unfortunately this holiday the peace and quiet we had come to love at the quiet pool, was spoilt by loud adults and children, even had one lady sat next to me with music blaring out of her I Pad. Some people can be quite rude and don't think if anyone else but themselves on holiday, people should realise that we all work hard to be able to go on holiday. Why these people cannot go to the other available pools I just don't know. I think also babies in the pool with no swimwear/ nappies is also unacceptable for hygiene reasons. In the past we have taken our children on holiday when they were a lot younger, we didn't take them to quiet pools, we took them to the children's pool, people should realise that the holiday is for the children and not just for the adults.
It did upset us so our holiday in a June was spent at the CML, indeed the quiet pool was excellent, on the downside the staff and food were no where near as excellent as the SGR.
So we have decided to return to SGR in October/November and look forward to another fabulous holiday and hope the quiet pool is quiet, fingers crossed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tinabez
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Tinabez,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and helpful review. We appreciate your feedback and we have taken note of your comments so that we may work to address them.

Thank you again. All of us look forward to your next stay with us and we remain at your service.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Returned from Sultan Gardens last night. We were classed as VIP guests as this was our third visit. Again we were looking for a stress free, relaxing holiday, spending time at the quiet pool and chose this resort specifically as my partner and I were getting engaged whilst there. The quiet pool is no longer quiet ... No reflection on the staff as they tried their best to keep overly zealous individuals under control. Unfortunately the calibre of some of the guests left a lot to be desired and they would not be told what to do. A shame as there are two other pools they could have made as much noise as possible.
The food was lovely as usual. Great choice and plenty of it. Again certain non English guests took things to extremes and it was not pleasant to observe. The Indian and Italian restaurants were superb and very enjoyable.
We both suffered with "Egyptian belly" which kept us in our room for most of a day ... Not sure whether this was caused by extreme heat and freezing cold drinks but is possible.
So, the ATM. we had just booked a cab to Soho Square and decided to get some cash from the CIB ATM in reception. I entered my pin only to be advised that I had exceeded my PIN entry attempts and the machine kept my card! I immediately advised reception whilst keeping an eye on the machine. Although they attempted to contact the bank they received no response and did not appear to share my concerns. We managed to speak to Joseph who advised the man from the bank would be in at 11 am the next day. However, having spent almost an hour the following day waiting around, we were advised after he had been that he would not return the card as new regs meant it would have to be returned to my bank ... Not much help to me when I needed cash and learnt that I would have to leave the country without my card. Panic!!!! Joseph helped with relevant phone numbers for me to call my bank to cancel the card ... Which meant a 10 minute phone call to the UK on my mobile. I was very disappointed that we were not offered the use of the office phone to be honest and felt it was the least they could do bearing in mind the circumstances.
All in all, we were planning to return next Easter but have serious concerns now and feel its time to try somewhere new.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Debmills_13,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your detailed and informative review. We value your patronage and your feedback and regret that some aspects of your most recent stay with us were less than ideal.

We would like to apologize for difficulties caused by other guests and confirm that unfortunately this is the kind of clientele available in Sharm at the moment and this is the case in most Sharm el Sheikh hotels right now. We are optimistic that the client mix change in the coming weeks as European markets once again begin visiting Sharm in large numbers. Until that time, we will continue to work to keep our standards high and maintain adherence to hotel rules for the benefit of all guests.

As for the issue with the ATM, we deeply regret that this situation occurred and regret that our handling of the matter did not reflect the seriousness with which we treated it. We apologize for this and point out that the ATMs in the lobby are operated by the largest and most reputable banks in Egypt. Unfortunately, since the machines are operated by the banks rather than the hotel, we were unable to resolve the problem for you directly. We assure you that had the issue been confined to Sultan Gardens Resort staff actions, the problem would have been resolved much easier and faster. Nonetheless, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you suffered.

Thank you again, we hope that you will return in Easter and we remain at your service.

northern ireland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

No Hotel can be all things to all people although Sultan Gardens never ceases to strive for perfection.We have visited a number of times in fact this September with my wife & son we will be making our third visit this year, [ Feb & May/June ]. There are a couple of thousand reviews saying how good all of the staff are and quality of Food. I would just like to add that we feel the value for money received is unbeatable & i do not know any Hotel to rival them.
Every visit we makes it feel more like our Holiday home.

I have just one concern and that is the quite Pool has no Toilets & you have to leave Pool area to find Toilets. As i say nothing is perfect but as this is our only concern we can live with it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank anthony53
Dear anthony53,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It has been a pleasure to host you and we all look forward to your next stay with us.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Due to go back in Sep 14 and we cannot wait
this place is amazing wonderful food, fantastic staff, excellent accommodation
Nothing is too much trouble you are pampered from arrival to departure
We have been to other Egyptian hotels however these are insignificant compared to SG

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank willmcghee
Dear willmcghee,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind feedback. We thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and we all remain at your service.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed june 17th to july1st=our second visit to the sultan gardens the hotel is making improvments all the time my husband who is severly disabled found that their is more ramps and hand rails into one of the main swimming pools his only concern about the two main pools is that the tile grouting was very dirty they need a good clean and new grouting also i reported to the pool supervisor that the pool with out the rail that the middle of the pool floor was covered in sand and dirty for our two weeks that's my only fuss if you like.anyway the hotel the food was very good all ways something to eat the italian was the best food we had four visits including my wifes birthday the lads were amazing the service the dancing just brill thanks boys.the house of spice as changed its cheif great indian food but the previous cheif was better is menu offered more sauces ect and his food was far better still visited the spice two times the staff what can I say all departments from the pool bar(we never had to fetch a drink) the waiters in the resturants and the loby bar your all just amazing they never stop all the staff made it the bestholiday the best one ever 15th visit to sharm el sheikh since the front office manager joesph has worked at the sultan the british conection as improved 2 fold he made that house cleaning deep cleaned room 123 every day the room wetroom ect was just cleaned to a very high standard also he as convinced basil to have a british themed night every week erm Sunday roasts and all the trimmings into the winter season he was all ways there for all our needs and he would join us for chat and drink thanks joesph for everything and thank the girls on the front as well there is going to be a adult swim up bar and pool at the back of the indian resturant to open this year and also other new improvements finaly we had a great time the best ever can not wait for our next visit in june 23rd for two weeks 2015 thanks to everyone at the sultan gardens=Bev and Stewary

Room Tip: Just email front office ask for joesph tell him your needs he will sought it for you top man
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 19562706
bkhedr, General Manager at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear 19562706,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We were very happy to host you again and pleased to read that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us.

We all remain at your service and look forward to your next visit.

Manchester
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and two girls (3 and 5 years old) last November. We had an absolutely wonderful time and will try and return again this year. The staff couldn't do more for us, if we asked, it happened! Everyone was polite and made us feel welcome. We all felt very safe, transfer from the airport to the hotel was easy and all arranged no problem.

Absolutely brilliant. Hope to go back!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank manchester78
Dear manchester78,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind review. It was a pleasure to host you and we hope you will return soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for two weeks as a family of three (two adults, one 9 year old girl). This was a lovely hotel that appeared clean and well maintained. We found plenty to do and the staff were in the most part absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble.

My daughter found the waiters in the main restaurant annoying and over attentive, it was very difficult to explain to the waiters just to leave her be, they took it very personally. We ended up moving "zones" to another part of the restaurant and a different waiter, but we still had problems. We witnessed a very traumatic incident in the restaurant with a large family who moved zone to another waiters' patch and the original waiter shouted at them. This was dealt with very quickly by the management and a full reshuffle ensued.

Generally the cleanliness and hygiene from the staff and hotel was excellent, but we were both ill at periods during our stay as were many other people we met. Not the type of illness that would keep you in bed all day, just enough to make you want to stay nearby your room. My best guess as to the cause was due to many other guests completely ignoring hygiene advice such as using tongs to pick up food rather than hands.
There were also many children being unsupervised at the buffet and putting grubby hands all over bread rolls / fruit etc. - Whilst I cannot blame the hotel for the guests behaviour, I do feel that more could be done to enforce hygiene - for example I have stayed at hotels where you will only be admitted to the buffet restaurant once you have used foam sanitiser (this was available at Sultan Gardens, but I never saw anyone but us use it)

The room was comfortable and when we had a problem with the air con, it was fixed the next day. One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was because it advertises two bedroomed suites. This is great for us as we didn't want to spend our holiday sharing 1 room with our daughter and she isn't old enough to have a adjoining room. It really worked for us in this respect.

Kids club was ok, however there were times when I had concerns over the number of children to adults ratio, especially when they were taken swimming. My daughter found most of the children there spoke a different language so try as she might, she didn't make too many friends and felt a bit lonely. She ended up spending much more time in the pool.

I used the spa a number of times, however I really wouldn't recommend it. I had a serious infection following a pedicure and was brought to tears during a facial. Another lady I spoke to had such a poor job of her nails she had to take off the polish straight away and do it again herself. The hotel are charging UK prices for treatments but many of them really aren't up to UK standards. That said I did really enjoy a scrub and massage I had, so its possibly not all bad. I'd still give it a miss though.

I am sure lots of people have a brilliant holiday here, they really do try to make it perfect. Personally we wouldn't go back and considering the money we paid, I don't feel it met my full expectations. We've had much better holidays on the same budget.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rbecca_82
Dear Rebecca_82,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for taking the time to post your kind and detailed review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome your feedback.

We apologize for the negative aspects of your stay, particularly with regards to the attitude of some waiters in the restaurant. We confirm that we will work to address the points raised in your review and that we thank you for your mention of the positive as well as the not so positive.

All of us hope to have the opportunity to host you again and we remain at your service.