ARRIVAL in SHARM - QUICK AND EASY. It was 40 degrees but air conditioning in airport and bus to hotel kept us cool.
Check in - took 15 mins and there were seats just in front of the check in desks where the tired kids waited.
The resort has cute little villa type buildings for families and we stayed in a flat which had 1 bedroom and another 1 large bed sit type of living room with 2 single beds, sofa, a kitchenette. Both rooms has lots of cupboards with hanging space and flat screen TVs.
Air conditioning for both rooms had separate controls which was great as we like it cooler than the kids at night. A tip is tokeep the air cons on in both rooms on low cool because this blocks out any noise from guests passing by etc.
Both rooms had black out curtains which were just the best and ensured that we could all sleep in without being disturbed by the morning light. My husband and I both thought the beds were really comfy.
Only downside was the shower, it had no power and I have long hair and found this inconvenient.
Considering its a 4 STAR I have to say the service was excellent like TA people have already mentioned. WE went in Ramadaan so many of the staff were fasting while still working to best standards in the heat and maintaining their good spirits and professionalism.
We all has tummy upsets for a day or two but this is normal for Egypt. Its not down to food or drink (which are of very good standards) . Because we've travelled in these parts we knew and expected a condition that is known in the science world as 'travelers diahhorea'. Saw the on-site doctor who was brilliant (around 35 euro for consulation) plus any medicine cost. I dose of an antiseptic that jsut works in the guts and we were fine. The nice thing was that it did not distress the 9 or the 5 yr old.
I have a nice massage and coconut scrub in the spa. However my enjoyment was lessoned as I felt a bit exposed with the therapists and a cleaner coming in and out of the room while I has a wrap!
THe sea and beach and coral reef were amzing!! All part of the hotel so you do not need to pay anything extra if you are snorkelling which we did. Kids felt chilly after coming out of the sea though.
I enjoyed the aquagym that they did everyday!! I went 9 out of 14 days so felt very good and healthy coming back after eating so much (all incllusive so you can't help yourself!!)
The kids enjoyed the evening entertainment. Funny for kids and adults alike.
The pools wre great as well. All in all a grreat 2 weks holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh