“A relaxing holiday for adults and children”

Sultan Gardens Resort
Ranked #23 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 26 September 2009

ARRIVAL in SHARM - QUICK AND EASY. It was 40 degrees but air conditioning in airport and bus to hotel kept us cool.
Check in - took 15 mins and there were seats just in front of the check in desks where the tired kids waited.
The resort has cute little villa type buildings for families and we stayed in a flat which had 1 bedroom and another 1 large bed sit type of living room with 2 single beds, sofa, a kitchenette. Both rooms has lots of cupboards with hanging space and flat screen TVs.
Air conditioning for both rooms had separate controls which was great as we like it cooler than the kids at night. A tip is tokeep the air cons on in both rooms on low cool because this blocks out any noise from guests passing by etc.
Both rooms had black out curtains which were just the best and ensured that we could all sleep in without being disturbed by the morning light. My husband and I both thought the beds were really comfy.
Only downside was the shower, it had no power and I have long hair and found this inconvenient.
Considering its a 4 STAR I have to say the service was excellent like TA people have already mentioned. WE went in Ramadaan so many of the staff were fasting while still working to best standards in the heat and maintaining their good spirits and professionalism.
We all has tummy upsets for a day or two but this is normal for Egypt. Its not down to food or drink (which are of very good standards) . Because we've travelled in these parts we knew and expected a condition that is known in the science world as 'travelers diahhorea'. Saw the on-site doctor who was brilliant (around 35 euro for consulation) plus any medicine cost. I dose of an antiseptic that jsut works in the guts and we were fine. The nice thing was that it did not distress the 9 or the 5 yr old.

I have a nice massage and coconut scrub in the spa. However my enjoyment was lessoned as I felt a bit exposed with the therapists and a cleaner coming in and out of the room while I has a wrap!
THe sea and beach and coral reef were amzing!! All part of the hotel so you do not need to pay anything extra if you are snorkelling which we did. Kids felt chilly after coming out of the sea though.
I enjoyed the aquagym that they did everyday!! I went 9 out of 14 days so felt very good and healthy coming back after eating so much (all incllusive so you can't help yourself!!)
The kids enjoyed the evening entertainment. Funny for kids and adults alike.

The pools wre great as well. All in all a grreat 2 weks holiday!

7  Thank KeenHolidayMaker1
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2009

Dear KeenHolidayMaker1,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We are very glad that your enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to host you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sultan Gardens Resort

Reviewed 24 September 2009

Just recently returned from a 1 week stay at Sultan Gardens. We booked online and booked a garden/sea view room which would either have a double or twin bed. After booking, we decided we would be really disappointed if we did not get a sea view, so I decided to email the hotel direct who advised I would have to pay €10 per night for a sea view, which we opted to do, to guarentee a double bed I would have also had to pay extra and deciding against this, but asked the guy to do his best to get us a nice room.

I am so glad I sent this email, because I believe I stayed in one of the best rooms (view wise) we looked right over the red sea and had a lovely spacious room with a king-size bed. So a big thank-you to Sayed Khalil for arranging this.

The hotel itself is vast, it has over 800 rooms and covers a large area of space. The hotel is right on the beach, but can be a bit of a walk to the beach, depending on where your room is. Although they do run a shuttle bus with various stops, we never needed to use it.

The food was good, I ate loads and there was always a good choice. Drinks were always available at the pool bar and the beach, the local beer is good and the soft drinks are branded, e.g. sprite or pepsi.

For lunch, you can either go to the restaurant or if you are at the beach or pool they bring a buffet lunch to an area where you can help yourself.

The room was cleaned everyday to a good standard, towels can be changed everyday if you wish and they leave you a bottle of water each day.

I found all the hotel staff very friendly, sometimes a little too friendly towards my girlfriend. Particulary one guy on the beach who was selling trips and excursions, who was trying to get my girlfriend to go to a room with him when I had gone back to the room! Other than this, the holiday was great and this did not effect our experience. Im not even sure if this guy works for the hotel.

5  Thank daz_2000
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2009

Dear daz_2000,

Reviewed 23 September 2009

We stayed for 2 weeks in the middle of August and had a fantastic time. We arrived at 11.00pm and here was a hot meal for us in the main restaurant with a wonderful waiter. The rooms are a little tired as are the bathrooms but nothing is a trouble to any member of staff. The food in the main restaurnt is lovely, always hot and a good choice. Even our teenage daughters ate well. The Italian Restaurant - part of the AI is also nice and worth a visit. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained and every member of staff we met worked really hard and always passed the time of day. We had no problems with reports of dirty pools at our time of visit all areas were kept clean and tidy. The flies can be a pain round the pool bar but you get this in a lot of countries
A special thankyou to Mustafa Tawfek from the main lobby bar, such a wonderful person and so kind. He really does deserve employee of the month! ( I have told Basel this Mustafa!!) Due to the heat we spent most of our time by the beach as there is a lovely breeze all day, it is a long walk which didn't bother us and to be honest if you don't want to walk there is a courtesy bus called Taf Taf which runs
regularly. The drinks in the hotel are fine, a lot of the time people will moan for moanings sake but we had no cause to and stuck to beer and wine. There is no pressure to tip the waiters but they give you such good service they actually do deserve it!The guys on the beach selling excursions are really friendly - a special thank you to Kimo just for being so pleasant throughout our stay. Mr Mauro the Manager was always polite and made you feel welcome at all times. The only thing we could complain about was the All inclusive issue finishing at 12.00 noon on day of depature which I have discussed at length with Basel. All in all the Sultan Gardens is lovely and we thouroughly enjoyed our stay. Special thanks again to Mustafa Tawfek and Mohamed Shaban from the lobby bar - you were wonderful.

We visited Cairo to see the pyramids and booked through Sharm Club who were fantastic. Well worth the visit the rep Sharif was brilliant. Cairo airport can be a nightmare. Sharm Club is well run, do not be put off by others they give fantastic service and are cheaper than most tour operators. In fact we paid for our trip the day AFTER we went.

We will definately recommend the Sultan Gardens and will return again.

3  Thank sunshineandflowers
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2009

Dear sunshineandflowers,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and and we are very thankful for all your constructive feedback. We just like to clarify that AI service ends at 3 pm on departure, although guests are required to leaver their rooms by noon as 3 pm is check in time.

We hope to see you again soon and hope to be better the next time.

Reviewed 19 September 2009

This hotel is very efficiently run."Lofty" runs the dinning room like clockwork. Everyone has a smile and welcome and the staff are very efficient.Thank you to you all. Food is exellent, good variety, I am a fussy eater but put weight on!!
Mohammed at the quiet pool ensures that it is kept quiet, ensures that everyone has an umbrella and does not burn!! Ahmed on the bar remembers everyone's drink.
There are 2 large "family" pools and a childrens pool with slides
On the beach the boys find sunbeds and the animation team work hard to get people to join in the activities and suceed without putting on pressure.
Although there are 45 steps to the beach it is worth the effort, snorkling is great, we spent hours following the blue spotted ray anf photographing the Lion fish, bit like swimming in a fish tank!! (need sand shoes) entrance to the sea is from the pontoon or underwater walkway.
We had a junior suite 627 the furniture looked a little tired but was huge and kept spottlessly clean,kettle and tea/coffee much appreciated.
The Gardens are well maintained and there are plenty of places to meet up or sit quietly.
We took advantage of the courtesy shuttle bus from the airport, again exellent service.
ALL the staff do their utmost to ensure that you are able to enjoy your stay, They are a credit to the hotel.
Being just outside Shark's Bay, taxi or shuttle bus needed to go outside the hotel

6  Thank lyndylou10
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2009

Dear lyndylou10,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2009

We have never been to Sharm before but thought we would give this hotel a go due to the good price.
Overall we thought the hotel was pretty good – good food, although some people seem to moan about it in their reviews, ok drinks but nothing special – I mainly stuck to beer in the evenings as their cocktails weren't the best I've ever had.
The resort complex was massive with three pool areas, large beach, a few bars and restaurant. There is a second restaurant, an Italian, which you are allowed to eat at twice a week FOC but need to book well in advance – food was ok.
I thought the rooms were very basic for a 5* and could benefit from modernising but were clean and just about large enough. One major problem I had with the rooms was the air con. The fan's above all rooms on the roofs continuously gave out a wow wow wow wow noise which after a few days made me not able to sleep and so I requested a second room – same problem. The third room was not sea view but a lower floor pool view and this seemed a lot better – if you are a light sleeper like me then this noise could almost turn you insane but at least each time I asked to move they put us in a new room – almost got a suite but I found this noisier than the other rooms. Sorry can't remember the guys name but you were very helpful walking us around some rooms to test!!
All in all though a good hotel and a good relaxing resort holiday. I would have scored a 4 but we went to check out half an hour before our bus to make sure we weren't late, then went to the bar and ordered two diet cokes. The barman brought them over to us then ten minutes later asked me for 20 Egyptian pounds – his argument was that I was not wearing my band which the receptionist had just cut off – I thought this was extremely petty especially as I had just spent a further $45 keeping the rooms past 12 noon until up to 6pm (bus was at 4.35pm). Hasten to add I refused to pay for these drinks and just about got away with it – Sultan – maybe some of your staff should go through customer service training as this has now made me not want to visit again, we were planning on coming back this Christmas for a week but won't bother now.

4  Thank BerkshireMrMR

Dear BerkshireMrMR,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to state that we have taken your comments onboard and will re-evaluate our check out policy regarding those who have paid for late check out.

We are confident that we will be able to change this policy for the better and we hope that you will reconsider a return visit to our resort.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

Returned from yet another fantastic holiday at this hotel, I really don't know why I can't find it in the major travel brochures. Last year my mother, myself , my 2 sons and daughter spent a lovely 2 weeks here after finding it through trip advisor. This year it was just myself and 15 year old daughter. I was a little apprehensive as it was the first time we had been away alone but I needn't have worried - the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them and no they were not all looking for a tip.

The hotel is clean and well looked after with people constantly going round cleaning or making improvements, although without disturbing the guests. The food at the restaurants was good and varied with plenty of choice for everyone. Soft drinks were fine and the cocktails, both alcoholic and non alcoholic, were very good - I didn't try the beer etc so I can't say what it was like. The rooms are spacious with everything you need at hand, the bottle of water is a nice touch.

The Animation team in particular worked hard from morning till night, some of it unseen by the guests. The Animation team was virtually completely different from last year but still put in a lot of effort to make the stay enjoyable. Coco put on a great Fakir and Fire show each week, he was always friendly and made the time to talk to many of the guests. My daughter joined in all the games, exercise classes, dance classes and shows that she could and became friends with many of the team, most of whom she is still in touch with. Special mention must be made of Timo, Katy, Margot and Muskito who were very attentive and friendly, also Kamel and Fred who spent time with both of us and really made our stay extra special.

Ramadan started during our stay and I must say there was very little difference to the service we recieved or the way the staff treated us eventhough it must have been very hard for them in that heat to go without drink in particular I know I wouldn't have been able to remain friendly and happy.

Reviewed 17 September 2009

Fortnight in August.
This was ours 7 the stay in Egypt and 5 in Sharm, and for the first time we joined the same hotel. My short opinion:
The ideal location, clean and spacious rooms, a lot the luxuriant green round buildings, excellent as on Sharm the beach, the sensational service, AI the maximum, tasty and diverse accessible eating in several places, 4 spacious pool.
At the next trip I will not take risks and again I will choose Sultan Garden.
And meseems that if somebody complains on conditions in this hotel this : has such character.
Best Regards Mr. Mauro and Basel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2009

Dear Dariusz_S,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens and for posting your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.