We travelled to Egypt 21st November 2009 for a week of Winter Sun and to complete my Padi Open Water Course. We had emailed Basel The Hotel Manager with a few requests before arriving at the Sultan Gardens and Basel responded very quickly to us.
Departed from Gatwick with Easyjet who we had never used before. Booked Speedy Boarding which was an experience in itself...
Upon landing at Sharm El Sheikh Airport and collecting our Luggage we were met by the Sultan Gardens Driver and Shuttle Bus and before we knew it we were at The Hotel. Once we checked in there was some confusion regarding our Room and we were left hanging around in Reception for a while. After this small problem was sorted out we were shown to our Room 276.
Our Room.... It was really nice with a fantastic view of Tiran Island. We had 2 Beds, Lots Of Wardrobe Space, TV, Fridge, Tea, Coffee, Sugar and a Kettle, A Large Bottle Of Water left daily, Comfy Chairs, Large Bathroom, Shower Gel, Soap, Towels, Flannels. The Large Balcony had 2 Chairs and a Table ideal to sit and relax and watch the Sun Rise over the Red Sea at 6.10am.
The Food .....was fine and always a good variety to choose from, it was very busy in the main Buffet Restaurant and quite noisy at times, my Husband described it as a School Dinner Hall. We were most surprised to see a Waiter who we met on a previous trip to Egypt. He is a young lad by the name of Mohamed Hosny who used to work at Brayka Bay Hotel in Marsa Alam, he is a little superstar and very hard working, so polite and kind. Basel you should promote him and give him a rise....
We did have a problem with another Waiter in the Upstairs Restaurant by the name of Reda who we found to be very rude and lazy, he seemed to be more interested in who was looking at him (the lady's) than his job. He just didn't seem to be doing anything unless he was tipped. We do tip but we tip when we have had good service not to receive the good service. One evening he was so busy looking at some Russian Lady's he dropped a tray of drinks over a guest sitting down....I felt so sorry for this guest, the poor man was soaked....
We did eat in the Italian Restaurant one evening and had to choose our Meal the day before. The food was lovely but every thing seemed to be such a rush, we had only just eaten our Starter and our Main Meal arrived. Other than that the service was very good.
The Bar.... we used was The Pool Bar in the evenings and were most impressed with 3 members of staff they were Ahmed Mashout, Sheriff and Mohamed these 3 guys were so entertaining and really made the evenings for us. They were so funny and entertaining and very hard working.
Evening Entertainment.....we did see bits of it when it started around 9.30pm, all these guys seem to work very hard, they put on a Michael Jackson Show, Belly Dancing ( wore us out just watching it) a Karaoke show and a Mr & Mrs Show.
The Beach.....was very busy mainly with loud Russians, we always managed to get a Sun Lounger whenever we got down there. The House Reef was fantastic with all sorts of beautiful Fish from Lion fish, Massive Napoleon Fish, Sting Rays, Nemo's, Crocodile Fish and many more beautiful Fish.
The Swimming Pools.....there were 4 of them and all had plenty of sun Lounger and The Hotel provides Free Beach/Pool Towels. I was told 1 of The Pools was heated but we didnt use any of The Pools.
Excursions.....we did 2 Excursions 1 to Ras Mohammed National Park which was a day out on a Boat, but sadly we were the only English Guests but the Guide did look after us. We went to 3 different Reefs and saw some amazing fish. We had a lovely Lunch on board.
The 2nd Excursion was to The Blue Hole, which involved a Jeep Safari across The Desert, then a 40 minute Camel Ride to an area in the Sea which is a Blue Hole with some very pretty Corals and loads of Lion Fish. Then we ate in a Restaurant and had a lovely meal. After Lunch we were lead to believe we were going to a Town to do some Shopping, but it was just 1 Shop, it was clear someone was getting commission for us going there.
The Diving Centre......The Shamandura is based at The Hotel and run by Andrea and Guido 2 great Italian Guys. I did my Padi Theory in England and wanted to complete the rest of The Open Water Course on Holiday so I contacted Andrea and arranged all this before arriving in Egypt. I started the 3 Day Course with Andrea doing 2 Confined Dives in the Pool practicing Skills etc. Then I did the rest of the Course which involved 3 more Confined Dives and 4 Open Water Dives with Mera who works for Andrea. Mera is a Padi Instructor and was fantastic and really makes you feel relaxed in the Water. He tested me on all that I had learnt and talked me through the course and I'm very pleased to say I passed and now awaiting my Open Water Padi Certification Card. The other guys who work at the Shamandura that I met were, Eslam, Hasen and Mostafa all great guys who made my experience at The Shamandura a very pleasant one. Thank you to you all you were wonderful.
The Staff......were all great with the exception of one who I mentioned earlier. This Hotel is very well run and if there is a problem and Basel isn't around then The Front Office Manager deals with this, he is a lovely man by the name of Ged.
Thank you Sultan Gardens for the lovely weeks Holiday and a very big thank you to The Shamandura Diving Centre.....We shall be returning and would recommend to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the finest resorts on the Red Sea; The multiple Award winning, certified Eco Friendly, Sultan Gardens Resort in Sharm el Sheikh is your ideal All Inclusive holiday destination in Southern Sinai. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, beautiful coral formations, and an unrivaled view of the stunning Tiran Island. The resort also features five large, freshwater swimming pools as well 550 guest rooms ranging from the comfortable and spacious Standard rooms, to the luxurious Premium rooms and suites feasting in room Jacuzzis, all the way to the ultimate option of holidaying in your own private beachfront villa. The Sultan Gardens Resort is not just about great rooms, gorgeous pools and an unbeatable location. Everyone involved in Sultan Gardens Resort’s success is a firm believer that dining is an integral part of any holiday and recognizes the importance of offering delicious, exciting food coupled with inspired service. Guests will be impressed with the wealth of choice on offer whether they are dining in one of our six award winning themed restaurants, enjoying themselves at one of our 9 bars, or taking advantage of 24 hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh