Not a great start when the car we booked with the hotel to pick us up from the airport (a tip we learnt many moons ago was a major stress-reliever) wasn't there. When we did get to the hotel the staff seemed more interested in working out whose fault it was than anything else.
We were offered a room upgrade to a full sea view (I think we were booked into a room with a bit of a sea view before) although I am not sure what difference there is. We were also offered a free car when we left, so that kind of made up for it guess.
Two important tips (1) you do get what you pay for and this hotel is inexpensive at present and (2) this is Egypt so you will get hounded in many places when you were out and about. Really nobody should be surprised by these two things.
As others have commented the Renaissance falls someway short of a 5-star hotel. The food is basic at best and adequate in quantity. The hotel is a little tired and could do with more touching up in many aspects (room decor, bathroom, cleanliness, painting, minor repairs) but as I said you have to keep in mind the price - right now it's very cheap.
What makes the difference at the Renaissance are the staff. Without exception they are fantastic - enthusiastic, helpful, and genuinely care that you are enjoying your stay. To be honest without this it might be a whole different experience! And that word genuinely is important. It is not uncommon for people in to be angling for tips which we have seen a lot in our travels, but that's not the case here - they're very much trying to help. I don't know how the management have instilled this in their team but it deserves a "well done" in my opinion.
So don't expect the luxuries of a 5 star, world class hotel and bear in mind the price you are paying and there is no reason you won't have a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance