Just returned from 10 days at this hotel.
We've now visited this hotel on 4 occasions and been to Egypt a high number of times, so hopefully this is a balanced review.
flew with Easy Jet, which we have found to be better than the charter airlines. (And cheaper!)
Took off on time and had the usual flight. Biggest problem was Mr Easy jet didn't give out landing cards before landing, claiming they "Ran out". Me thinks, they forgot?
Anyway, into the airport and cue chaos, not having a filled in landing card creates.
Eventually got through the bedlam and met our "Private transfer". We have always travelled by bus with other guests, but made the "mistake" this year, of going up market and having a transfer for us only. The driver introduced himself as Michael Schumacher!! He then went on to prove this point, by trying to drive his 1300CC, Hyundai at Mac speed. It was the sort of ride you would pay good money for, to scare yourself. Certainly scared us!!!
Got to the hotel alive, thankfully.( And quickly)
This is a great hotel and very quiet in its location
Booked in very quick and got the 2 rooms we requested. 2111 and 2112. Adjoining rooms and on the ground floor as we had our adult daughter with us.
Hotel was only around 40% occupancy.
Rooms haven't changed in all the time we have visited and are beginning to look tired. Not a big issue for us as we only use it for sleeping and getting showered. New flat screen TVs showing dubbed films, CNN and BBC world news. All you soap addicts best set your "Sky plus" before leaving home. Rooms cleaned to a very high standard by Ibrahim. Thank you. Spoke to us every day in his best English and our best Arabic, or should I say, lots of gesturing and smiling!!!
Now, let's get onto this all inclusive thing. Or is it !All inclusive"
Went up to the "Coast" restaurant for dinner and found it had been refurbished, which I think is for the better. Others say not. You can have a wander and see what culinary delights there is, before deciding. Last year was a bit of a queue and you couldn't see till the last minute the options.
All meals had to be taken in the main restaurant. Long walk from the beach. Last year you could lunch at all the bars. Food was of good quality but, not a great choice. Chicken and fish were popular!!
Lunchtime menu was quite often better. Curry, stir fry etc.
During the stay, they changed the way it worked. You could eat at the bars, but if you went over about £5, you paid a supplement. Not all inclusive.
Also. no ice cream at the pool. It ran out, but not replaced. Not all inclusive
Drinks were limited to spirits, wine and beer. No cocktails. Cocktails were part of the deal last year Cocktails were extra. We paid £20 for 3 cocktails. Not all inclusive.
This hotel is now used by SAGA holidays, which caters for a more mature traveller. Find this a bit odd, with so many steps down to the beach and a lot of the rooms.
Anyway, none of this spoilt our holiday.
A big thank you to the staff, who really make up for some of the hotels short comings.
Especially, Mohamed Amiens Saad (Captain Mohamed) in the restaurant, who went out of his way to bring me cheese at the end of the meal. Thank you
Ahmed and Mohamed who took over from him around the pool. Nice towels!!!
Ibrahim the room cleaner, Great job.
Ahmed on the Jetty. Good English and very knowledgeable. Some life guard!!!
Went on a speed boat trip organised by "Mario" met him previously and a good bloke. Doesn't rip you off. Book your trips with him.
Ali the speedboat captain!!! Great ride.
Too sum up, would I return to this hotel
I will keep an eye on tripadvisor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Prestigia, Booking.com, Marriott, HotelsClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance