“Almost Perfect!!!”

Ranked #61 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel the first 2 weeks of June and there were parts of the stay that were excellent and parts that were less than perfect. On arrival to the hotel at 12:30am we were greeted by a dog jumping into our minibus to sniff our luggage and a security guard with a mirror on the end of a stick looking underneath the minibus. There were large metal bollards that were lowered into the ground to allow us passage up to the main entrance, There we were told to empty our pockets and ordered to walk through an airport style detector and our baggage was put through an x-ray machine. This to me after travelling for a long time was very unnerving and I was very angry (Hotel need to email all guests prior to arrival and explain the process and why security is so tight. We were given 2 different rooms on arrival and both not to a standard I was expecting in a 5* hotel, we were told to go to reception at 2pm the next afternoon, which we did.
The reception staff were surly and very intimidating as there were no other guests to check in so you deal with the entire team not just one. We were fleeced out of £160 to get a better room that had a sea view, so for me our holiday really started on day 2. The room we had was 1805 and although yes the room was tired it was certainly a better standard than the first 2!!!
This hotel would not be suitable for guests with walking difficulties as there were many steps to climb when going to main hotel building and in the hot sun its a bit of a killer unless your a fitness guru.
The Coast restaurant occupy's stunning views over the red sea but sadly the food in this restaurant is of a very poor standard and although I am not a fussy eater I found this really disappointing and complained to our Rep who was smashing (You Travel) and he even got the head chef to come and speak with us and although he seemed generally concerned and promised to make changes, none were made in the 2 weeks we stayed!!!
The saving grace for the hotel are the other restaurants in the complex, especially Acapulco Joe's the Mexican on the beach .The service here was by far the best in the whole complex and we ate lunch and dinner here every day. The hotel operates a system where you get a per person allowance of 50 Egyptian pounds for lunch and 75 for dinner. You will occasionally have to put extra in yourself, but totally worth it as the food was first glass and the Mex burger was the most delicious burger I have ever eaten (Lived in LA for 3 years) Big thanks to the guys in Joe's
Zinzini's was a good choice for bar style food and again nice staff. il Palo the Italian restaurant was the a fine dinning experience (men need to wear trousers) We ate here one night and apart from the lovely view of the alluring swimming pools I thought the menu was bland and extremely overpriced.
The worst part of our holiday was being conned into paying £110 for the Cleopatra spa package, where the guy who sold it to us (Alla) made it sound like we were going to have the experience of a lifetime instead of the sham they called a scrub. The girl coughed over my partner the whole time and they whispered constantly talking each other through the procedure. I was totally shocked at this being thought of as acceptable in a 5* hotel. As a world traveler I know the difference between good and bad spa's and this was the worst yet. I informed them that we were cancelling the rest of the package and would only pay a token sum for the mud and desiccated coconut they sparingly put on us. We were ordered to pay £50 and I totally refused and agreed on £40, which was the worst £40 I have ever spent.
PLEASE STAY WELL AWAY FROM THE SPA (you have been warned)
On the whole the holiday was enjoyable enough and the negative points were overcome with positives, the hotel is in a stunning location on rock-side with a coral beach.
I would recommend this hotel to family and friends after I had shown them this review.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fullmoonmanuk

Reviewed 4 July 2014

just a few words to say this hotel is great..staff are wonderfull.i love it..Acapulco Joes have great food.staff excellent.evryone so friendly.its a must visit part of Eygpt.Sharm El Sheikh and is ideal for all ages. From the moment you arrive at Renaissance Golden View you are made to feel welcome

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Renaissance Sha... R, Sales Secretary at Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for mapping out Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort, for your vacation. Additional thank you for recommending it to other travelers and for writing your kind review. We are all here waiting for your coming stay with us at your “sunny home”.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my first time to Hadaba area (Um El seid hill), I went with friends on mid June, spent 5 days in Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort after reading the reviews from TripAdvisor.
The place is very beautiful, the rooms are clean and my room had a partial sea view, the swimming pools are very clean, I visited three of them, and the staff were friendly and very helpful.

Although the resort has a lot of stairs, the club car is available in case of elderly people or someone who can't walk them. In our case one of my friends had an accident while was at quad runner trip that was booked from outside the hotel and Mr. Mohammad Abdel Rahman the front desk manager was of a great help for us of what to do and kept taking care of our friend with his staff at the front desk Mr. Amr Shehata and the other Mr. Amr. Also, the staff at the restaurant were helpful in this issue by sending the meals to our friend at room.

The beach is rocky, so if you have children who like to play with sand on beach this will not be a good choice for you. There is no sandy beach or areas where you can swim and play in water near beach.

The food as most of the reviewers mentioned was not up to the expected level of a 5 stars hotel, they only have one choice from chicken, fish and meat meals. The "All inclusive" was not really all inclusive, before you order ask if your order is within the all inclusive offer or not.
Although I spent a good time but I am not sure I will go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sugarcone
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and partner and grandchild where with me on this 2 week all inclusive holiday at this hotel , we came back on Thursday 3rd July. The Hotel itself is well appointed with good security,the stay on the first few days was a little disappointing due to the influx of a large number of local families who took over the main dining room so the other guests where moved to a bar where the food was presented quite properly. , but why, after looking at the amount of food being wasted by the locals we where quite happy to dine elsewhere. The pools was again dominated with egyptian pop music ! and we where a little concerned, however 2 days later most of the locals had left, the food improved 100 % and life was much more relaxed.throughout the holiday the staff where superb and I congratulate all of them for the way they conducting themselves
I had a double room with sea view and it was very well appointed and no complaints at all. The food was ok with plenty of choice , alternative dining was available for a small supplement and these where good. It was very hot but thank god for air con, this was heaven. In all a very pleasant place to stay with good facilities excellent staff ,and for what you pay a 6 star hotel
Management note, please vary the entertainment and music for all tastes.

Room Tip: Steps can be a problem ask for a room at hotel level, buggy travel is available but can involve a wa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had the most wonderful honeymoon at Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort. It was amazingly beautiful, and I remember with great pleasure everything I lived there and all luxury services. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndreeaVulcu
Renaissance Sha... R, Coordinator at Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are pleased that you and your wife had such a wonderful stay.

Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to them.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott.

We hope to see you and your wife again soon.

RAMY RAMZY
E-Commerce Coordinator
Ramy.Ramzy@marriott.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Came here in november 2013, with four friends.
The main building is impressive. Really beautiful. Felt like a royal mansion.
The room was spacious and clean. We had a beatiful ocean view.

I really enjoyed the staff, as they were always smiling, and not once where they rude to the girls.
You get food and drinks whenever you like, during daytime. Drinks where, as always in Egypt, not something to brag home about. But the beer was cold and tasty. Although there is only one buffet restaurant at the hotel, they always served something for everyone. Each day they had fish, chicken and meat. And all kinds of thing to supplement that.
The only thing negative with the buffet, was that drinks had to be ordered from the waiters. And sometimes they had to much to do, so we're almost done eating by the time they got to you. This was soon no problem, as we learned to catch a waiter before we went to get our food.

I have NO problem whatsoever with going back here. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.
We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

RAMY RAMZY
E-Commerce Coordinator
Ramy.Ramzy@marriott.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

During the past 12 months my Wife and I have stayed at Renaissance Golden View three times and are due to return shortly. The hotel is located in a quieter part of Sharm El Sheikh and is ideal for all ages.

From the moment you arrive at Renaissance Golden View you are made to feel welcome. This courtesy continues for the duration of your stay. We find all the staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. If you have a request or problem they will do their utmost to deal with it.

Our room is always clean and everything in it works as it should.

The gardens, beach and pool area are also well maintained. Attendants are on hand at the pools and beach for your safety

As regards the food it is varied and plentiful The hotel put on themed nights for the Evening meal. Chefs are on hand for any questions or requests.

As the media shows there has been trouble in Egypt but this has been mainly contained in Cairo. We found very safe. We regularly walk out to the shops and bars with no worry whatsoever. Once you arrive at the shops, just like any other resort shop owners will ask you to “look in their shop”.

If you want a holiday with plenty of sun, friendly staff and value for money then we thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple