Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
US$111
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$103
US$75
US$59
US$214
US$173
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$48
US$57
US$52
3,035 results
All reviewsanimation teamnaama bayindian restaurantliwa restauranthorizon barswimming poolspecial thanksnight showsenjoyed my staysea viewbig thankscoral reefice creamkids clubmain restaurantfishrangoli
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I'm just back home from a five-day fantastic vacation at that resort ..
the best thing is that my kids were extremely happy..
Everything was very good, safe, clean and at the right standards...
I'd like to thank the animation team (Olga, Nadia and Ortem) very much ... they were the cause of a real pleasure to the kids...
I'd also like to thank Mostafa from the water activities team
The greenery and the landscape in the resort are spectacular
House keeping wasn't that good until i complained to the reception and things were put right immediately
Mr. Fouad Mohamed

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are the best... they are close to the restaurant, the pool and everything
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Fouad2014
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Mr. Fouad,
Thank you very much for your posting. I am very pleased to see that we could fulfil your dream and that you and your children have enjoyed your stay with us.
Of course I have passed on your comments to the team.
I have discussed as well your remark about housekeeping. It is definitely not normal that you had to complain to reception in order to get proper service.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon and to meet you personally.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Maybe my title seems a bit negative but i can assure you that i did find some positive aspects about your hotel. First and foremost the hotel location is wonderful maybe the best in all sharm.the rooms are spacious and nice can't complain about the cleansing thank God.The indian restaurant was good the horizon bar has a breathtaking view where you can stay for hours staring at the beautiful sea and the lovely sunset.
On the other hand i guess you need help in RE-training all your staff because it is obvious that they lack of experience and need help badly. For instance when a client arrive to the reception he should be greeted and well welcomed even if the employee is busy knowing that there was only 1 working on our arrival...what you should take into consideration is that whatever the client ask he should be served like if you are at the sunset bar and feel like a sandwish what would cost the barman to pick up the phone and order it For you !!!! Really guys it doesn't need creativity!!!!!! I can go on and on about the food at the pool restaurant especially the salad that are awful....it is bad for a 5 star hotel like movenpick be lacking of the basic rules in a hotel.Anyway good luck for the future and if i will come back it will only be for the view!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Mafiosita
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Mafiosita,
Love you TripAdvisor name! Thank you very much for your very constructive review.
I am happy that you confirmed we have the best location and view in Sharm El Sheikh as well as spacious rooms and good housekeeping.
However, I am sorry that you did not find the service up to your expectation. Of course, your comments have been shared with my Food & Beverage Manager and I can assure you that we do have a consistent training program to try to improve it.
Regarding the Horizon Bar, yes it is true that we do not serve food in this outlet. We have both La Brise and the Pool Restaurant located 50 meters away serving meals until 6.00pm.
However, I promise you that on your next stay, we will arrange to fulfil your wish and serve your sandwiches and other dishes there.
I sincerely hope, Mafiosita, to be able to welcome you back very soon and to meet you personally.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The location is great and the low level architecture is stylish and Arabic so you don't feel in a corporate hotel. The food good, certainly plentiful , although the restaurant is lit harshly like a canteen so sit outside. The beaches are varied and a bonus - each with a different character and not at all crowded - unlike the other local hotels. The first is the most prestigious, beach 2 for families, beach 5 is mainly for gay Germans so possible one to avoid.

There are two downsides. Firstly , the guests who are a pretty down market bunch . There is no dressing for dinner. Shorts (although prohibited ) are worn by many . Kids play on iPads, a cat roams and some extremely large (and we are talking 20 stone here) people ritually over eat filling plates with massive amounts of food, often dressed like hookers. Some Arab families seem to eat standing up and are always on the mobile phone. Really, none of this is 5 stat hotel behaviour - no wonder the snake-hipped waiters looked scornfully at the worse guests. Grim, but maybe that is life in Russia etc these days. So much for progress.

The second is something the hotel can address. The Muzak is all pervasive and TERRIBLE: a few worn out tunes played to death on panpipe recordings which encourage suicidal thoughts. The reception is the worst, really bad. 'Feelings', ' my heart must go on' , careless whisper ', 'the pink panther theme' , 'titanic' (very apt) AND worst of all 'the power of love' – these crappy songs are forced on one again and again. It totally ruins the experience. Stop it. Stop it. stop it. Someone responsible at Movenpick HQ in Switzerland should get a cuckoo clock shoved where the sun don't shine. Added to which the loud music round the pools is awful and uncessessary. Lots of guests felt the same. And the staff looked ill with the constant tortuous exposure to crap.

Finally my dear wife was offered 'extras' for 300Egyptian pounds from one of the charming chaps round the pool. She was flattered and declined. This is not a criticism, but it's worth knowing...my wife said she wished she'd spent the money after a night with me!

Conclusion: great location, wear ear plugs, and eat early on the terrace.

Room Tip: Top of block 1,2 and 5 are best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank SecretSeven
Mr_Alain_Chatel, General Manager at Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear SecretSeven,

Thank you very much for your review and your very constructive remarks that I reviewed with my colleagues. As the new General Manager of the hotel, they are very useful to me.
I am very happy that you appreciated the architecture and the various hotel sandy beaches as well as the food served during your stay.
Unfortunately, you stayed with us during the Egyptian mid-year vacation when the hotel have been extremely busy with groups from various Egyptian companies such as banks, insurance, petroleum companies etc…
It is true that it was very difficult for us to keep our normal 5 standard especially at rush time during those two weeks, the service has been a bit difficult at times and our employees tried to do their best with a different type of clientele.
I appreciate your comments on the hotel music and I am now working on a new entertainment and music program.
Regarding the sandy beaches, 4 of them are open to all type of guest without consideration of race, color or sexual orientation.
Beach number Five is actually not in activity. However, some guests might have been there during your stay.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon in a quieter time to appreciate the difference.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is my second visit to movenpick sharm, and i rarely ever like repeating a hotel experience,..but this became an addiction as i fell in love with everything about it. Best location ever as the hotel is on the highest spot of naama bay offering the most magnificent views of the sea n mountains from all over the hotel. This year i had other family members joining us and they also enjoyed their stay very much n definitely fell in love with the place. Facilities are many and diverse with lots of activities to be done like horse riding, water activities n sports ,table tennis, and the animation team is a hardworking active one that successfully manage to entertain us day and even at night as they themselves make the night show.
Food is very nice with varieties n different themes each day.
Staff is helpful and friendly, and from here we would like to send our special thanks to Mr. Sayyed bassiouny, restaurant manager who always walks around to check everything and is very keen and dedicated to please the hotel guests. He is an amazingly customer oriented person that is hard to find in many other places.
House keeping mr. Selim ahmed also made us lovely towel art though we are not honey mooners, and we are egyptians and we were not expecting any extra care especially in such a peak period of mid year holidays, yet he also managed to add an extra touch with his talent each day, further adding to the sense of staff dedication.
Both my kids enjoyed their stay as well n were really upset that they had to leave back to cairo and wanted to stay longer.
I recommend this hotel for everyone as it has the amazing mix of relaxation, atmosphere yet fun all in one.. Simply heaven and will stay my favourite red sea hotel. Well done and thank you

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Amgadahmed

Dear AmgadAhmed,

Thank you very much for your nice comments that I shared with my team.
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us especially during that time of full occupancy.
It is true that our stable is very well known and that we have the best snorkeling spot in all Naama bay right on our shores.
I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you and your family again very soon and have the pleasure to meet you personally.
Best personal regards

Reviewed 7 February 2014

There are a million and one resort in the world, scattered all over the globe, all in the business of hospitality, but Moevenpick in Sharm el Shiek Egypt definitely came as one of the top ones for us. From the moment you arrive you are pampered with the beauty of pristine service. The staff are very pleasant and also attentive to the details of your every need! You will feel truly royal in this place!!

Moevenpick in Sharm el Shiek is an edifice strategically built on a mountain over looking Naama bay, with a stunning view over the water. Check in was smooth, and the rooms are very clean and very comfortable. All rooms have sea view. Our bed was luxurious!

Our package was all inclusive with Hotels4u, we would recommend this. The buffet at Liwa dinning room was rich and varied. We also ate at Rangoli Indian restaurant (the view was to die for) and Lunch at La Brise, both very lovely and the Manager was very kind and attentive. There were a lot of activities around the hotel, some of which we enjoyed included: Quad bike and Camel ride in the desert and parasailing with Scorpion. The guys at Scorpion were excellent and very accommodating of our needs, including when we had to make changes to our itinerary. We also had a lovely couple scrub/massage session at the Spa on site.

They have daily free bus to Naama bay, this was a lovely surprise and very convenient. We felt safe the whole time there. Yes there was a lot of stairs but as a young couple we did not mind. Besides they had elevators too.

In general we felt quite safe in Egypt. Thank you so much to all the staff at Moevenpick for contributing to making our stay truly special.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank skyblue84Uk

Dear Skyblue84Uk,

Thank you very much for your nice comments.
It is true that the view over Naama Bay is equal to none and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much.
Scorpion is an excellent partner and we are very happy to have them with us.
Hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.