Hotel Novotel Sharm El Sheikh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Al Bostan Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Albostan Park Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
View Hotel
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Gafy Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Sharm Dreams Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Breakfast included
Oonas Dive Club Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
2,204 results
All reviewsbeach sidenaama baymohamed mansourcoral restaurantal dentefishprivate beachfront office managerpool barkids clubspecial thanksfamily roomhalf boardgarden viewreception staffsecond homerestaurant manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just come back from the Novotel Palm, our third trip to this hotel over the years.

Previous two visits - both excellent experiences (I left positive feedback in 2012) so we decided to return this year as well. Previously, we had booked two twin rooms on the Palm side with garden view, this hotel was quieter and bigger, and this time we had chosen the same property via the agency with two twin rooms with garden views for 8 nights. We realized that June is very busy with Muslim tourists who visit Sharm El Sheikh before Ramadan so had contacted the hotel two months earlier prior our visit to request that we would be allocated to the same rooms like in the past.

Once collected by the hotel driver, we were taken to the Beachside immediately, we asked driver to take us to the Palm side, where we were told by the receptionist that they were fully booked and they have upgraded us to the Beach side instead. Nothing is for free in Egypt (like you know) so we have had every right to be suspicious - the beach rooms with the pool views were much smaller with even smaller bathrooms with little showers and toilets with no pool views of course.

We expressed that we didn’t want to stay at the busy beach side and we refused to take this upgrade. At end after 2 hrs, we were given the spacious rooms on the Palm side, not the one we asked initially but with good size bathrooms and separate toilets like we wanted. And yes - we had been upgraded again and we got the lazy pool view rooms.

The restaurant on the Palm side was closed so we were enjoying our breakfast on the beachside which was fine with us.

So if you want to relax, chose the Palm side. We stayed in the main pool area which was very nice and peaceful. Hotel facilities here are very good. The rooms are bigger- so much space and everything high quality. There are three pools but main pool was big and quiet during most of mornings while the pool on the beachside was always busy occupied by Arab men playing their music loudly. In our opinion the beachside hotel is smaller and squashed, rooms located on the two floors and surrounded the main pool.

The sun beds were always available on the beach. We enjoyed our massages in the SPA.

We had noticed that the staff, barmen and receptionists were more accommodating on the beachside. Maybe it is unfair to say but the Arab people were treated a bit better than others i.e. waiting for a drink in the bar, being first there but was served last after Arab customer who was rushing the barman for his coffee and after two Russians who had requested their drinks urgently. But perhaps other guests got a better service.

Overall the holiday was ok but with no X factor this time and with regret we may consider another property nearly next time. On the departure day we have vacated one room by 1pm and asked for extension for another room up to 4 hrs. The Manager did allow us to keep this room for $60.00 of charge (discount included). He was a bit rude and repeated that we have been upgraded already and further discount was no option. Avoiding the long discussion we have decided to pay the charge but left disappointed as the occupancy during our stay was 70% as we noticed.

Novotel is a beautiful hotel. Hopefully the management will consider treating the loyal customers a bit better in the future. We were definitely not treated in the same way like in the past.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Ehab A, Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear DeLecq,
Thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort in the soonest future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Me and my wife went last March. I can say that the staff were so supportive and friendly. I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Sharm. Thank you guys for all the help and kindness. Also an advice to use their shuttle bus it is much cheaper and hassle free.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ehab A, Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear WRamsis,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Beach and Palm Resort.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in Novotel with my husband, mom, sister, and kids, we all loved the hotel, the room is very comfortable , big enough and clean to feel at home. The staff are so friendly and warm, they would do anything to make you happy with genuine smile from the heart. Food variety is good and delicious, the beach is so nice and clean, the wifi signal is strong enough in the rooms and around the swimming pool area.

Sure thing in shaa allah we're coming back for a longer stay next October :)

Room Tip: Take a room on the beach side, not the palm side it's a long walk to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear AMALMANSY,
Thank you for posting review on trip advisor about your experience at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh

We are thrilled to learn that your enjoyed your stay at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh and that we succeeded to make your stay a true memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This was our second time to this particular hotel, we did not hesitate to book this hotel again for 3 weeks as it was truly a fabulous 5* vacation. The hotel is always clean and the pool is immaculate. Such a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. The food at the hotel was excellent always something to choose from during the lunch time and evening meal. The quality was never compromised and we did not once suffer from an upset stomach. We only chose to eat at the hotel restaurant during our whole stay. The numerous chefs at the restaurant were amazing especially Osama who was always at hand to make sure we were happy with the menu. A true asset to the novotel company. Also I have to mention Abdul Satar and sayed the restaurant mangers who were very attentive to our every need. Also Mahmoud and Mohammed Arfah who were working at the beach and pool bar were truly great. A special thanks to tariq and Mohammed at the pool bar. Absolutely amazing people who made our 3 week long a dream vacation. They made such an effort to make our family happy in every respect. With such great staff I would always return back to this hotel as I know I'm 100% guaranteed to enjoy every second. The general manager is a pleasant approachable man who is always on site interacting with the customers around the hotel. Always ensuring that everyone is truly relaxed and happy. There is a wonderful lady called Mima who works for guest relations and Mohammed Mansoor and Ehab are the rock of this hotel as there main aim is to keep the customers 200% happy. I feel like words can't express my gratitude and gracefulness to all the staff from cleaners to the managers as they truly need to be recognised and appreciated for all the hard work they put in 24'7. Please don't listen to any negative comments as I was 4 months pregnant and a mother to a 7 year old who can give this hotel a 10* rating in every way possible and would never hesitate to recommend this particular hotel to my family and friends. And hopefully we will be returning as a family of 4 in may 2015 or sooner I hope. Thank you to all at the novotel

Stayed: May 2014

Dear arfan30,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort for your recent holiday, and for posting review on trip advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have succeeded to make your holiday a memorable one.

Your comments have been taken into consideration and communicated to the Management Team. Please be assured that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the complete satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week - it is a superb hotel and a real gem in Sharm. The hotel is extremely clean, modern, stylish with great facilities with Cardio Room, pools and bars. However it is the staff who make this hotel special. Everyone had such a friendly attitude and would go the extra mile. I am a Platinum member with Accor so usually get preferential treatment anyway and I was upgraded to a Beach room with great view when I checked-in. The airport pick-up was excellent and all staff were superb. Special mention must go to Mustafa my room cleaner, Karim/Abdul at the bar and Mima the Guest Relations lady who gave me a tour of the Palm side. All the staff were great and I am already planning my next visit in the winter. I had 2 friends staying at another resort near Naama Bay and it was terrible compared to the Novotel.

I was bed & breakfast so didn't eat in the evenings in the restaurant. Breakfast was OK, a good selection but aimed at the Russian and Arab guests, however the food I ordered from the bar was excellent and again, always with great service.

The hotel, pool, rooms are all incredibly clean and there are always staff around cleaning and keeping the place looking good. It is in a great location, nice walk to Naama bay and the beach is superb. I also thought the wifi was very good, which was great considering other reviews here which complain about it.

The only drawback was the spa - beware that this is run by a Third Party and not Accor. I had 2 massages, scrub and shave/hair cut. The spa staff are nice but complete sales people and a couple were not professional. I had to have another haircut this morning after I returned and my face was all bleeding after my shave. The spa staff also tried to trick me by saying that I had to pay for any treatments in the spa reception, however this turned out to be false. Also I was approached sometimes 5-6 times a day for further treatments. However this is not Novotel's fault but it still reflects badly on the hotel.

I feel that I should have been told when I checked-in that the spa was a Third Party and that I would not be able to claim Accor points for my treatment. I am going to speak to the central Accor team about this.

Overall though this is a superb hotel, I am definitely going to go back.

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ehab A, Manager at Hotel Novotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear MrP15,

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Sharm El Sheikh Resort.