“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #38 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Just came back from concorde el salam front hotel, and it was one of the best holidays we've ever had. This hotel is brilliant, staff are amazing and can't do enough. It's clean, right on the beach (private) and has everything you need. The only thing that let's this hotel down is the Russians! They're rude an arrogant, even to the hotel staff. Seems to only cater for them at night too, would be more enjoyable if they did more English entertainment. Soho square is just a 5 minute walk away whilst naama bay is 15 in taxi and is cheap. You must also visit old Market. Everything is within 15-20 mins. Don't stay in the sports hotel unless you're Russian! Its quite dirty an very busy!! Front Hotel caters for families. Overall, absolutely brilliant, would recommend to all ages and definitely would go back. Miss it already.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ljh19

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for the precious time you have taken to share with others your excellent satisfaction resulting from your recent stay at your home Concorde El Salam Hotel.
Samir Rashwan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,649)

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I can only agree with all the positive feedback given regarding rooms and pool staff etc, BUT, our family holiday was ruined by constant sickness and diarrhea from day 2. We had been warned to expect a little sickness which we were assured would soon be remedied with local medicine, but this was not to be the the case. We took the advice of the "doctor" regarding medicine (the local pharmacist is the only shop owner not touting for business) and we even had the jabs, to no effect.
Unfortunately food hygene, especially given the numbers of people staying there, was poor we felt. Not just on the part of hotel staff but other guests. It was not uncommon for guests to leave the toilets without washing their hands, and some guests insisted on using their hands to collect food from the buffet even though utensils were always provided. And it seemed that staff had cleaning fluids just for show, prefering to use dirty napkins to wipe down the tables.
I am a former construction worker / steelfixer so I'm quite used to unhygenic conditions, but never in my life have I felt so ill, and I know quite a few others did too. The best location in the world is of no use to guests who are frightened to stray more than 20 yards from a toilet.
It had such a bad effect that my family will never return to Egypt again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich C

Dear Guest,

I was very greatly concerned to know about your sickness and your belief that it might be a result of unhygienic conditions, please note that HACCP and Crystal inspections are carried out regularly to ensure the hygiene standards are applied. Also, I would like to mention that an upset stomach is not necessary caused by the food, but might be a result of weather change (42 °C & more) along with the sudden change of the food type and life style routine. In this regards I would like to highlight about the worldwide very common occurrence, called “Traveler’s Diarrhea”; that might have triggered your circumstances.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Having stayed here several times in the last 8 years . I can recomend this hotel at xmas, easter and whit. too hot in summer. Staff are regular, Same guys every year. Airport is close but hotel not on flight path unlike hotels to the east and west. There are places to go outside the hotel in soho square or just for a walk which is a bonus and the hassel factor is kept to a minimum by strict security around the area. One the better places to visit in Eygpt. The swimming off the beach via the pontoons is amazing. Fish are numerous and the reef edge is clear for non swimmers to view off the pontoons. The reef is strictly policed by hotel staff to prevent damage by visitors so expect to be told off if you touch it. The staff also maintain a continous shark watch across the aptly named Sharks Bay to keep everyone safe.

Room Tip: There is a continuous improvement program for all rooms at the front hotel . Every time we have been...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank graham h

Dear guest,
It is always a pleasure for us to welcome back our regular guests and very happy to know that you enjoyed your recent stay, we are all grateful for your recommendation of the hotel. We wish to have the opportunity welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I went here with my boyfriend and two of our friends for 10 days at the beggining of June! I was very worried about what the hotel may be like after booking it online and seeing some of the reviews but it was lovely the rooms where massive and so clean and our cleaner Sammi was so helpful! Got to say we did all get quit I'll out there in Egypt but if I'm honest everyone did or has it kind of ruined our holiday but it was nothing to do with the hotel. My boyfriend got so poorly the dr had to come out and he was there within 10mins he was great and got my boyfriend bk to good health in no time! The pool was lovely and the food was ok it got abit boring after a while but that's prob because I was eating chips and soup and that was all I would brave after being ill. Hotel is beautiful and if your looking for a relaxing Get away it would b perfect! Only thing we found would be good if there was some music at the pool in the day but we r all in our 20's so we would want that :)

Hope this helps you all :)

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jhgdgodwin
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed at the Concorde el Salam from the middle of June for a fortnight All Inc break and had an amazing time. It was our first stay in eygpt and we were not sure what to expect - but we were most pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was fantastic, rooms were clean and nicely furnished. The food in the main dining room was good - a fair variety with standard basics like chips etc for the less adventurous. I would strongly recommend going to the Italian restaurant for lunch as it is included in the all inc and they serve lovely freshly made pizzas. However, Sunday is stated as being all inc in the Italian during the evening, but it turned out you had to pay for drinks (even water).
The staff on the whole were fantastic the waiters were incredible always kept your drinks filled, allocated tables quickly and were so friendly - they really looked after us. Our cleaner (Sami) was also a hit, the room was always impecible and we were always greeted with a cheery smile and quick chat during the day.
Our room looked out onto the aqua gym pool which was a peaceful retreat from the far busier main pool and the
Lifeguard (Khaled) always made sure we had the best spot as a 'sun worshiper'.
We used most facilities including the gym and horseriding and I could not fault anything.
Be prepared to catch a tummy bug - it really is inevitable. And yes the hotel is heavily populated with russians, but we didn't have any major issues with them.
We were in the front hotel so cannot speak for the back hotel, but we rarely heard any planes dispite the close location to the airport. Our only quibble was that the reception staff were not the most friendly and proactive, but the other staff more than compensated for this.
We will definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Thank you to everyone at the Concorde who made our stay so fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Aam16

Dear guest,

I wanted to personally reply to your good self and thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback.
I was glad to know that hotel’s services and facilities as well as the quality and variety of food in our restaurants were up to your expectations.
It is always a great pleasure to receive a feedback from satisfied guests; once again I would like to thank you for delivering your feedback and for allowing Concorde el Salam hotel team members to show their best with regards to your service and thanks for your kind appreciation.
We hope we will be able to welcoming you to our resort in a very near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Just returned from our second visit to the Concorde. Upon arrival we let Reception know it was a return visit - and at their suggestion went off to the Italian restaurant to have a late lunch. An hour later we completed check-in, to find we had been upgraded to a sea view and had fruit and sweetmeats waiting in the room for us.

There is a rolling schedule of refurbishment - but to be honest it really didn't affect us. The Pinao bar (under construction last May) is now complete, and lovely. The Beach Bar is spectacular - but could do with some fans perhaps. We ate at the Italin restaurant one evening - there is not a massive choice - but the food was very good. Two courses with a bottle of wine only came in at the discounted price of 40GBP. (Fillet Steak and Salmon) Well presented and very tasty. It did give some respite from the large and busy main dining room - which at times felt more "canteen" than "restaurant". The food was perhaps not quite as good as last year - but to be fair, there was always something ok to eat. The entertainment is of course geared to the Russian guests - but we had more fun people watching anyway!

The staff at the hotel are the best asset, very helpful and polite - our days by the Aquagym pool were great, (None of the staff asked us for tips) The bedrooms are fine - a lttle dated, but very clean (as are all of the areas of the hotel) and spacious if you choose the superior/deluxe option. On our last evening we attended a coctail party with Management in attendance to offer our feedback/suggestions. Essentially these were to offer an adults only pool, more equipment in the gym, and perhaps better quality meat in the restaurant ( a bit chewy at times!) The only other thing I'd like are tea/coffee in the room (for a 6am cuppa)

They are getting it right, and if the refurbishment is as good as the works completed so far then I'm sure we'll be back to check it out. Here's to the next time!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can - the space is good with two kingsize beds, dressing area and large bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I was delighted to receive your comments regarding the service and hospitality provided by our team members. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

Such encouraging comments are very rewarding for our staff, I was glad to know that you liked our new designs and renovations, thank you once again for taking the time to write and applaud the hotel team’s efficiency. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh. I look forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Having had a lovely time at the Concorde at Christmas we decided to visit again for our summer holiday, staying for 14 nights at the beginning of June.

Our room was excellent - very clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable and the bed linen was spotless. The pillows were (once again) a little bit too firm for me but I'd brought my own from home so this wasn't a problem. The bathroom was also very clean and the towels were soft and fluffy. Our housekeeper made us some towel animals and left some flowers on several occasions which we thought was a lovely touch.

Room 1162 is a ground floor room and was perfectly positioned for easy access to the gym pool. The staff at this pool (Mohamed serving at the bar and Khaled looking after the towels and umbrellas and cleanliness) were exceptional and looked after us very well.

The food at the Concorde was good and we always managed to find plenty to eat. We particularly enjoyed the chicken at the infinity pool bar at lunch time when Chef Ali was cooking!

The entertainment wasn't really "up our street" but most people seemed to be enjoying it. We prefer to sit quietly and just enjoy the evening!

Zizi in the Spa gives a wonderful massage - well worth the money!

We used the new gym most days. When we visited in December there was a member of staff in attendance at all times. This is no longer the case, and in my opinion this is a backward step. We saw many guests bringing children into the gym, allowing them to use the equipment in an unsafe manner which wasn't allowed to happen during our previous trip.

If you get an invitation to the Cocktail Party PLEASE GO! It isn't a very boozy affair and will take about an hour of your time. This is YOUR chance to chat to the management and supervisors. We spent a half hour chatting with Serhat Taskiner (Exec Assistant Manager) and found it most interesting. We were able to give feedback on how we thought the hotel was doing, as well as learning about projects that are going to be undertaken to improve the hotel in the near future.

The staff (almost without exception) at this hotel are fantastic - always smiling and some even remembered us from our Christmas visit and welcomed us back!

Any improvements we'd like to see?
There wasn't anywhere peaceful, (away from the entertainment) to sit in the open air and have an all inclusive drink in the evening. The top deck of the new fish restaurant would be ideal for this and I wouldn't expect this to impact greatly on the diners as they're on a lower level. Currently, if you want to have a drink at that bar after 6pm you have to pay.

Well done to the Concorde for looking after us so well. We look forward to seeing you again at Christmas!

Room Tip: Room 1162 is a ground floor room and was perfectly positioned for easy access to the gym pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Netty_In_Lincoln
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity and express my sincere appreciation for taking your time and write your positive comments. I was more than glad and proud while reading your valuable comment especially when knowing that you have enjoyed our management cocktail party, hotel services and our staff met your kind expectation. We will be more than glad to welcome you back again in your third visit, hoping it will be soon.