“welldone Concorde!!!!”

Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Ranked #68 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

this was my 3rd visit to Concorde and been much happier than before, they have done massive improvements and still doing that's why they are one of the most popular hotel in sharm, they have improved the room comfort, hotel interior design which looks really modern, a nice beach bar with wonderful view and entertaining animation. a big thank you to the manager SERHAT who personally deals with the clients and the staff for the wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank memetto1907
There are newer reviews for Concorde El Salam Front Hotel

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I'm probably not the first person stating this in the review, but this is of real importance for anyone travelling to the sea. Concorde hotel has two parts (Sport and Front). Generally similar in details, they are seriously differing in their location: Front part has its own beach, while Sport visitors should travel 500+ meters through the whole Front area or wait for the shuttle bus.

This is not a problem by itself for most people, however we're not really aware of this while purchasing the travel package, otherwise I'd preferred another hotel.

The hotel has really great children club - you can take your child there and feel unconcerned for a half day!

The beach is also not bad - lots of activities, very good for snorkeling and freediving. You can dive to 15-20 meters deep while staying withing the swimming area and not getting lifeguards' attention. The underwater life can compete one visible in certain (not the best of course) remote diving locations available via boat tours.

And yeah, if you're not an equestrian sport fan, the Concorde Sport has nothing special to do with sports,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonic1980
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Good things - staff fantastic and so friendly (esp to Bits), food very good, clean, nice rooms even if ours were as far away from the beach as you could go, good facilities, comical value (dress sense, scavenging for food, rudeness to staff) of predominant Russian tourists.....
Bad things - beach very small, a bit isolated, internet a bit limited, unwillingness of overnice staff to 'discipline' some of the sheer antisocial behaviour of some of the Russian - inappropriate dress, feet on communal tables, loud music, smoking in non smoking areas.....however I have seen others also complain about the Russians and overall if you accept their bad manners and moroseness (until they drink) as a natural trait I was reminded that I probably prefer them to the many worse educated and much less charming British tourists I have seen who are often even more antisocial although generally not in Sharm.
A week was enough as unless you dive there isn't much to do - but relaxing is easy - the local plaza (Soho) is a bit sterile but we enjoyed the star gazing night with the Bedouins. The various bars and restaurants cater well for the all inc deal we were on. Our first. But the main Laguna restaurant was very good so no need to go much further.
One thing worth doing was to tip the staff - the Russians don't. And as a result you get treated very well - no waiting for drinks, a seat wherever you want. And the tips involved (and we checked with our tour guide) are no more than about £1-£2 every 2 days to a few key staff.....the staff do not ignore you if you don't tip - they are too nice and professional for that - but it certainly helped as you get known and looked out for....

Room Tip: The Russians seem to get the beach front rooms and it is busier and noisier there. The Brits get the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark l
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We have been to this hotel 17 times now. Not boring as work hard and know you are going to get excellent customer care, good food and if you don't see what you want, the staff will have no problem getting it for you. The hotel is very clean and have cleaning supervisors monitoring the cleaners to ensure cleaning of a high standard. The most helpfull, friendliest and lovely people. They are genuine, funny and outgoing. Only problem is the Russians who treat the staff and Brits (well can I say - not nice). However, you just ignore them if possible, as the staff and amenities make up for it. The staff love the Brits and this is shown by the way in which they try their utmost to make your holiday so enjoyable. Nothing is a problem to them. We are there again for this Christmas and New Year and cannot wait as we know we will be treated so well.

Room Tip: If you book a room near by what is called the sports pool, this is mostly the Brits end. It is lik...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Hazel R
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Where do I start!

10 night stay with family greatest ever!

Flight transfers straight to hotel door, checked in without any problems very welcoming and warming from all especially Ahmed and Mohamed at reception. We went for food first night returned to the room to find a gorgeous birthday cake for daughter, We were soon to our room which without any doubt was the most amazing ever overlooking one of the quieter pools, gorgeous view! The restaurant was one of the best all inc I have seen food quality was fantastic just repetitive week after week service by Mohamed, Sami and Waleed was exceptional! Evening entertainment was very good plenty to drink alcohol good considering most all inc this is a downside but all drinks ice cream till midnight was well appreciated! Beach very nice! Pools are fantastic swim up bar infinity pool what a view, quieter pools were a well deserved break if you want a relaxed sunbathing session, all pool staff were truly amazing!

Everyone within the hotel were outstanding to me and my family nothing too much trouble would go out of their way for you!

Russians we never had any trouble if any advice you ignore them they ignore you best way, the one incident we had was good a Russian women was very generous in sharing birthday cake and champagne with us followed by giving our 15month old a balloon so all in all not an issue!

Out and about soho square very nice 2sec walk away plenty of shops willing to haggle, part the holiday I say! Naama bay 15 mins in taxi 50egp each way but get hotel security to book was extremely easy and keeps it all safe, taxi drivers like a laugh just talk and they are fine! In Naama bay it's shops and restaurants very nice to see different environment!

Swimming with dolphins was truly magical and something we will never forget, we booked this through sharm happy tours a guy called Lido he was magnificent, visit his website sharmhappytours.com

We would defo recommend and simply say words cannot describe how sensational this holiday was!

We will be returning again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Neil P
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The (front) hotel, as expected was of a very good standard. My room was described as one with a "pool view" - Realistically this simply meant it did not have a sea view and was pointing inwards toward a central area containing one of the swimming pools - but that was fine. However, the area around the front door was a bit scruffy, and some parts of the complex had refurbishment work going on - but this is normal in my experience and you are likely to encounter this in varying degrees wherever you go. The room was clean and everything worked properly. I did not use any of the pools so cannot comment on them. The bar staff were among the very best I have encountered. Food in the main restaurant was a little variable in interpretation - But to be fair, catering on a dining hall scale for multiple nationalities always is. As an 'all inclusive' hotel I would happily recommend it. At the time I was there, the guest population was dominated by Russian / Ukranian persons, who in the main both smoked heavily and ignored restaurant dress codes. It didn't bother me much as I spent a great deal of time either in or on the sea. Many cultures differ from ours and do not share the same sense of personal space. I did find one aspect of the service absolutely infuriating though - If you leave a dining table unattended even for a moment, it tends to get cleared and re-laid, which means whilst you get up and consider what you might like for dessert, your table becomes an 'empty' table for someone else to claim......irrespective of books left on tables, garments/bags on chairs etc..... nothing seemed to make the slightest difference. Family groups seemed to mitigate this by making sure the table was always attended -but they should not have to. The beach/sea/reef were excellent. Would I go back? Yes, I think I would. This hotel is VERY near the airport and whilst it is described as "only 10 minutes from the airport" that might depend very much on the route taken. It takes a lot less than that to reach the airport boundary. The air traffic seemed more obvious after dark, but I don't know if that was a reflection of atmospheric conditions or timetables. Either way, whilst I heard the air traffic I never found it bothersome in the slightest

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank andrewharris666
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My daughter and I speant 8 days at the hotel at the beginning of November for a bit of winter sunshine in the run up to Christmas.
We arrived after the restuarant had closed and where given a picnic bag prior to being shown to our room with had water, a sandwich, fruit and some very nice cake which I thought was a really nice touch.
Our room was on the ground floor over looking one of the smaller pools near reception and a short walk for the main pool and buffet. The rooms where very comfortable and clean, the air con was not as effective as it should have been but it did the job.
The main pool is lovely yes it is cold but to be honest when we where there it was so hot it was very refreshing to dip in. The pool and towel guys are really good always had a smile of there faces and ready for a chat. Lunch at the pool bar was also very good.
We where very lazy on our holiday and speant all of our time by the pool we did venture down to the beach once to explore but I found it over crowded and not as nice as other beaches I have been to in Sharm so we avoided it.
The main buffet restaurant put on a different theme each night and we never struggled to find anything to eat, the food was very good. The downside was trying to get a drink we waited 45 minutes for 2 glasses of water one night and most nights it was at least a 20 minute wait, all the waiters seem to fawn round the Russians the worst person being the lady that "greets" you as you go into the restaurant if you are not Russian don't expect any help at all.
Entertainment was put on my the animation team most nights and they where very good, whoever does their costumes for their dance shows does an amazing job. Unfortunatley the entertainment area is very small and unless you are sitting at a table by 6 you have no chance of seeing the show, again the Russians send their children down to sit at as many tables as possible to block them out, there just aren't enough seats for everyone who is staying in the hotel to watch the entertainment, a specific area way from the restaurant is really need.
Other areas include the Piano bar again you had to wait quite a long time for a drink but the guys in there are always cheerful.
The receiption staff where brilliant too and one night my daughter was struck down by egyptian tummy so I had to go out of the complex at 10 to go to the pharmay but the lovely man who was working on the concieigre that night drove me down in a golf buggy waited and dropped my back right outside my room - what a hero.
Over all a very nice hotel but the british are definately in the minority and because of that I would not visit again.

Room Tip: We where in room 1802 which is ground floor over looking one of the smaller pools but a good locatio...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family