“The best hotel in the whole world.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Concorde El Salam Hotel

Concorde El Salam Hotel
Ranked #72 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“The best hotel in the whole world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is my favourite hotel I really adore it. Perfect staff, amazing pool, stunning view, wonderful pool with the view of the sea. There is nothing bad in this hotel all the things in this hotel is perfect. I really adore this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Didi221

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just came back from a week's stay at the Concorde..I went to Sharm El shiekh over a couple of dozen of times, and I have to say that this time was one of the times that I had so much fun at.
We booked a soft all inclusive package in the beach front area, the food was amazing , in all meals.. and you have food and drinks around you all day... in the pool bar and the cabana on the beach,, so u needn't worry ever about getting hungry.
They have this gaming room, that has backgammon. billiards, baby foot, table tennis for free and only the play station is for 20 LE in the morning and 30 LE at night per hour.
Hygiene level is great.
The check in was instantaneous and the check out was no different. The views from the bedrooms are awesome.
Overall, me and my husband had so much fun. However, what turned us off were 2 things, the staff and the types of guests at the hotel.
80% of the staff is extremely unprofessional,,, like when we first arrived we went straight to the restaurant for lunch.. we asked one of the waiters where should we sit, his answer was sit anywhere.. im not holding you back!
at the pool, the barman prepared me this very nice shake, I asked him what is it made of, he told me "يا شيخه اشربى"! I have to say in their favor, that they are not rude.. they're always saying it with a smile ..they're just too friendly ..like they're your buddies.
The other thing is that, since Sharm is suffering in general right now, to make up for their losses the hotel decided to organize trips to different syndicates and other institutes and this attracted a new type of guests that I have never seen anywhere before in Sharm,, the local , loud and annoying ones! They are extremely noisy and very local that the foreign guests complained.
Sharm has always been known for its elite type of guests... anyways,, as soon as things are more stable in Egypt , things will be back to how it was and even better.

One more thing that we liked alot, was the show at dinner time... we wished they could've extended it for more time as it ends byt the end of dinner time by 10...then you can move to Normandy which is the night club in the hotel ... the DJ plays only trance music which obviously appeals no almost nobody since whenever we walk in , there's either nobody or up to 5 people at max.

The room has all the amenities except for the kettle. Its clean, spacious and relaxing...

The beach is rocky but beyond amazing... the guys responsible for the diving center are really nice and helpful... everybody at the beach I have to say are polite and helpful....also the guys at the gates and the old man with the big belly in particular are AMAZING!

If I have to describe this hotel in a couple of words , I'd say its very LIVELY, Fun and Luxurious but the staff definitely needs more training!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SaraGhazi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

hi iam not one to compare but this is my 5th hotel I have used in sharm and the 4th hotel in sharks bay ..ie concorde sport ..savita ...sunrise island gardens. And concorde el salma.

I found the food in the week me and my wife stayed no choice of European food at all. MainlY arbic and russian .and if you have young kids I didnt even see kiddies corner which all the above hotel do...I wouldn't even say iam a fuzzy eater but I did find it hard to eat from this place .also if you like a beer or two take a word of advice walk down to soho and pay for a decent drink in queen vic .were the food and beer was good ...I was ill from the second with bad diarrhoea which I put down to the drink and then lack of food just made me ill ..

Choice is yours and we have to try things out for our selfs but just bear this in mind if you have young kids and fancy a nice beer

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank guzzalee
Jersey CI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We are returning to hotel for 3rd visit on 2nd of Oct , and can't wait , We love this hotel and the staff can't do enough for you . Anyone looking at the hotel and reading the reviews should ignore the bad ones .I say BOOK THIS HOTEL and go and have a great holiday .
See you soon Concorde El Salam

Room Tip: Pool View nice and quite,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ruth H
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Super hotel. Can't think of anything bad at all. Really good food and a wide range every day, pool and views were awesome and the rooms were clean and spacious. Staff were fun and extremely helpful. The beach had its own reef area and the pool had a wicked little bar area were you could get drinks without getting out the pool.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Boot2dcool
edenbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have now been to Concorde 10 times and returning in Mar 14 , We have always found the staff food &facilities a very high standard and would recomend without any hestiation,
last year I took all my family 15 of os and they all agreed its the best holiday experence they have ever had go for concorde front not sport

Room Tip: near infinity pool
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 234roy
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here from 21st August to 31st August (10 days). I would recommend coming here between the months of October and February and not July/August as it is EXTREMELY hot - 45 degrees day and 34 degrees at 8pm at night in August!! Nice to have free air con, free safe, dressing gowns and slippers and toiletries in your room. Don't pack any beach towels with you as you can get them here free. I would recommend the family suite it is absolutely HUGE!! Massive lounge, kitchen, 2 bedrooms (1 en-suite) and 1 bathroom and balcony. However you must get top floor one as when we arrived we had a ground floor one and we were woken by stilletto heels walking across our ceiling between hours of 1am and 3am. Asked at reception the following morning to change to a top floor one and they did it straight away. You definately hear less on a top floor one. Breakfast good and lunch as you can have lunch next to the affinity pool or other places but dinner does get a bit repetative and is warm/cold by the time you sit down. That's why I recommend 1 week here due to food and the heat!! It was our first time to go all inclusive. Personally I like to eat out so may not do a holiday all inclusive again as you feel like you are stuck in all the time and I like to go out. Nader and Mohammed by the affinity pool bar made our holiday - they are fantastic, lovely people - a credit to this hotel! On-site doctor a plus/bonus!! We had to use him twice! Our son fractured his finger and our daughter had to have her ears syringed. Doctor booked a car and stayed with us whilst we went to hospital one night to have our son's fingers x-rayed. He is so nice and very good indeed. TIP 1 - take swim ear plugs for the kids. I think families with younger children NEED to be sat in one area of the restaurant as they can be very noisy and do tend to run around a lot (as the parents don't seem to care) and some had scooters as well which I don't agree with so did spoil the overall dining experience. Rooms could do with an upgrade - slightly dated furniture and bathrooms need a revamp. More hangers are needed in the wardrobes too. I asked for more and again this was not a problem. Cleanliness good though and cleaners made a fantastic crockodile and swan with towels and flowers and palm leaves, etc. A nice added touch. 3 flat screen plasmas however in family suites in lounge and the 2 bedrooms. Our tummies suffered a bit on this holiday not sure if due to the food or heat? Our son was ill for 1 day with this. TIP 2 - take your own English tea bags with you as they don't have them over there. We did and it was heaven to have! You are pestered too much by the Spa people, newspaper man, beauty treatments who come up to you around the pool. We had a massage and spa which was lovely but don't then want to be harassed for further treatments. Really hassled by people in the shops of this hotel - put us off and we did not even step inside the shops at all. Italian restaurant - bit of a let down. Food was free but was charged for drinks on a Sunday night - this should be free (as part of the all inclusive). TIP 3 - take loads of sun cream & after sun take more than you think and high factor! I stayed on 50 for the whole holiday. Air con in the piano bar was TOO COLD you needed a cardigan sitting in there for the evening. Staff & service you cannot fault at all - all totally fantastic! Rooms are not 5*. I would say 4* max. Free-shuttle service to and from the airport was good. TIP 4 - Brush your teeth with bottled water - don't chance the tap water out there. When you check out watch your luggage! Our cases were labelled up with our room number with stickers and 45 mins before we were due to go our son happened to go back for his hand luggage bag and noticed that one of our suitcases was missing!! Panic!! Some Arab chap tried to nick it and put it on his shuttle bus which was due to go to the airport. All of his 4 suitcases were black and our sons one was cream - so sorry not a mistake - a potential theft - god knows what would have happened if my husband and son didn't go up straight away when they did. So this area needs more security please! WIFI a bit hit and miss in the Piano Bar - this needs rectifying please. They had a games room here for the kids which was good. Curency - they took US Dollars, Euros, Eyptian money and English out here. This resort was perfectly safe indeed, we did have a fun time and would recommend it but for 7 days only. I hope this summary has been useful (tried to think of everything).

Room Tip: Always opt for a top floor room - you would hear less noise. I can recommend the family suites due...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family