My partner and I stayed here for a week in early May, it was not our first choice of resort or hotel. We had planned on going to The Sofitel in Taba, but Longwoods cancelled our flight, so we rearranged our trip to Sharm and The Jolie Ville.
We had a room in the newer royal wing, which as far as I could tell, was well worth the extra money, the room was very large with 2 double beds and a large bathroom with a massive bath and overhead shower. It was kept very clean by the maid service.
The royal wing has a seperate pool, which is lovely. Very big and very clean. The hotel was only running at about 25% capacity, so there were no problems with getting a sun bed. The main pool complex with the lazy river was to the front of the main hotel, personally I didn't really like the look of it, and it was rather noisey with the shisha cafe blasting out music. The hotel also has a "beach" which we went to a couple of times. But I found it to be a bit scraggy. It looks as if it needs a bit of sprucing up. I think the hotel has been open for quite a few years and this showed in certain areas. The pontoons however looked to be fairly new and even had sunbeds on them.
We were on AI basis, which I think was very good value for the money. The food in all of the outlets was of a good standard and there was plenty of choice in the main buffet restaurant. The bar at the beach even has a low calorie menu for thoes of you who are watching their weight, I though that was great idea.
Generally I thought the satff were very good, we did have a couple of issues with the volume of music from the bar/restaurant around the pool, but we did get it sorted after we asked them to turn it down on a couple of occassions.
Overall I think the hotel is of a good standard, it is such a shame that there were so few guests during our stay. Whilst it was great for getting a sun bed, it did lack atmosphere in the evenings. We went to the Lebanese restaurant one evening and there was only one other couple there. I do hope that the tourist will return after the unrest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Sinai Peninsula. Immerse yourself in the world of your dreams at the Jolie Ville Golf & Resort. Enjoy all the luxuries life has to offer, whether you are here to golf, scuba dive, on business or holidaying with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf And Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh