“Fantastic hotel!”

Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort
Ranked #36 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This 5 star hotel is very very good.
Big rooms, very nice and helpful staff and the best all inclusive food we've ever had!
The resort is very big with a big mainpool with two waterslides and a lazyriverish pool. At the hotels Royal Wing (the newest part) is a very nice big pool with a poolbar where you can eat your lunch.
The hotel also have their own private reef. No sandbeach, only a reef with plenty of fish and a lot of sunbeds and a bar.
If you want to go to Naama Bay the hotel have a free shuttlebus.
We would go here again, when we go back to Sharm one day! Great value for money.

Room Tip: We had a normal double room, it was nice, but try a room at the Royal Wing, they looked really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Berniukas

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel damaged my family vacation. Don't even think to visit this empty hotel. I was forced by the administration to pay 500 egp. otherwise the hotel will submit a complaint to the state atterny and after that prosecution to the court because of physical deterioration of tuelet flash tank that i didn't cause.
The hotel didn't clean my room and didn't bring paper tuelit and towels.
It was my fourth visit to this hotel but it's certainly the last one. this is was my the last visit to sharm . i'll stay away . it's enough.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank saeidHaifa
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel is pretending to be something that it is not and this is 5 stars after many years of travelling the world i finally come to Egypt for the poorest holiday I have had in my life.

This hotel is inclusive in one restaurant all others are not included infact most are closed so not much choice.

You will find the ammenities are in bad repair and need some money spent on them. This is not to be expected of a so called 5 star hotel.

The main pool is lined and the lining is ripped all over so dangerous for your feet especiallly at the bottom of the slides.

The staff in some areas of the complex are rude and arrogant and made my wife cry. i complained and got a banana abd 2 apples and some figs hardly and apology. dont expect in the pool bar to wait less than one hour for lunch as this is the norm.

this is my second Maritim hotel during my stay and I was told by the general manager when i asked about an apology to my wife that i have compalined in the other hotel so stop moaning and enjoy my holiday, My wife is still waiting for her apology.

i would recommend to avoid the royal pennisula and the golf as not worth the money and a more enjoyable holiday can be had somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank david b
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I cant belive how much a 5* hotel can go down hill in under 5 months;(

I stayed their in Decmber and thought id found paradise! so i had no hesitation in booking this hotel again and thought i'd always stay their from now on as im always in Egypt.

I go to sharm el sheik to relax a few times a year due to my health reasons, as the weather is nice all year round and their is excellent local resturant's/food and this helps me recuperate.

This time round the the house keeping/cleaning of rooms was a big issue. The first 3/4 days i was a bit suprised by the lack of care taken when returning to my room after it had been cleaned. Their was coffee stains and suntan lotion still on the floor where i'd spilt it plus a few body hairs that definatly wernt mine as i have a shaved head and thin light leg hairs
After a few days i felt i had to alert the houskeeping manager as the hairs were making me feel sick and the cleaner had only left me 1 hand towl which was placed in the sink??

He came along and aknowledged my concerns and got the cleaner back in to sweep/mop up properly and leave me the correct bath towls ect.I thought that this would make sure they would clean my room to the standards of the hotels normal good standards. *WRONG*

Next day the same but more hair and a few crumbs from where id eaten some pringles and a stain on my pillow eeek!
I called the housekeeping manager back and he just looked at me as if i was being fussy but called the cleaner back and rectifiyed the situation..No apology just a glum look.

By this time a few coach loads of students had booked in for a conference and they were sure acting LIKe students do wen they are on holiday....ie no regards for the other guests!

I cant blame them as if no staff were telling them it's a 5* hotel and certain behaviour is'nt exceptable, then they will behave like student do when in such a large group.
They were up late at night going from room 2 room laughing and joking at all hours and when they were arround the quiet pool they were behaving like yobs...1 of them even sat on the end of my sun bed while talkin to his mates on the next set of sun bed (yer i couldnt belive it) This went on for 5 days by which time i'd had enuff. Not a relaxing/recuperating holiday i had hoped for and was starting to effect my illness.

I went back to my room as i had had enough of the noisey/rowdy group of lads only for my door card key not to work for the 3rd time, So i went to the guest relations manager (Reham,lovely lady,very helpfull) who had instructed a mantanace man the day before to check my lock ect as it had happend 3 times already, she checked the key at reception and said it should work but accompanied me to my room to check herself.

It didnt work but her managers key card did open the door.I was quite upset by now but wen we enterd the room their was more hairs (this time i took fotos because it was like a sick joke by now (even my soap had been placed inside the sink) their was a stain on my bed spread and my pillow was all creased up like a dish cloth that had dried out...

I asked Reham to check me out of the hotel that day as i had 5 days left in sharm and wanted to atleast enjoy the last few days out of the 12 i had booked and paid for..

She could see i was really upset and close to tears and asked if i would let her sort it out..I said no i'd given the hotel enough chances and couldnt stand the students any more as 5 days of rowdy behaviour in a 5* hotel is totally unaceptable especially with the constant filthy rooms. She begged me to let her sort it out and called the housekeeping manager to the room and gave him a right telling off...she told me the students were checking out that day and she would move me to the royal wing rooms which are suposed to be the upgraded rooms.
I reluctently said i'll give it one night and see how it went. The rooms were a little smaller than the one id been in but was really nice, she also sent me a selection of fruit in a basket as a good will gesture which was nice.
I thought i needed to write a letter to the manager with my concerns regarding the whole incidents so they could improve their normal high standards and tell other guests that certain behaviour is not exceptable in a 5* hotel and hoped he would apoligise....*WRONG*

He didnt come and see me at all or reply (untill several days after i had returned home by email)

and wen he did reply he wasnt exacly apoligising for my inconvieniences and upsets.He implied that i was being fussy regarding the dirty room and bed linen and also implied that because i wasnt a high paying guest that i didnt matter
"qoute "
As for the other guests behavior (while I do agree that they were active), yet they deserve full respect as they were HIGH paying guests."end qoute"

They did let me off about £25 for some stuff that i had arround the pool bar's ect, but he went on to say they refunded me £160 as this is what id spent in the hotel over my 12 days stay...Total lies.
Then he signed off his email saying "Proud Being Egyptian,Mootaz Soliman,General Manager"
He also said its not down to the staff to police the guests.

Like i said in previous review its an amazing hotel but if your their to relax then i'd steer well clear as they have lots of confrences through out the year and its a gamble weather you can relax or be in a 18-30 style enviroment :)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank AUDACITY89
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We use to go frequently to Sharm and this time we found the right place for relaxing and for spending a great time, the hotel and mainly the beach side is amazing, the hotel personnel is very kind and very professional, I highly recommend this hotel for couples and for families.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

It was my first time in Egypt and I'm glad that i chose this hotel.
I stayed at March so it was not high season,the hotel was half empty but i actually enjoyed the peacefulness.
The food is excellent!There is everything you could want here .
Loved loved loved the waffles and the omelettes were amazing:)
The room is nothing special,spacious and clean.The service is incredible and the staff is so friendly and helpful.
The pools are huge.I loved the Royal wing poo the most, really relaxing and its nice to have wi-fi by the pool.Fresh towels available every day.
The beach is clean and has wooden jetties which enable easy access to the reef.
Snorkelling just off the shore was superb with lots of fishes and clear view.
There are loads of sunbeds and they are very comfortable.
All in all it's a quiet, relaxing hotel, for families and couples.If you are looking for a nightlife-it's not the place.Also there are no shops nearby.You have to order a taxi or take the free shuttle bus into Naama Bay if you want to go out.
Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

After not travelling for some years to egypt, and being afraid of the mass tourism specially in Sinai Region, we decided to try it again despite of all reports we read; due to our job as travel journalists, we seem to know what points one has to check to locate a good and save hotel. It was one if the rare occasions where what you get in reality is by far better than what you have expected!
We really can recommend this resort heavily to all travelers with family seeking a "relaxed" time in egypt, finding security, warm and care taking staff with personality, being able to enjoy a shadowed super large pool area (with sea water pool) and doing wonderful snorkeling at the resorts own and private coral reef - all this comes along with one of the best golf spots in the world.
Thanks for great hospitality and courtesy and we are looking forward to being able to travel there again ASAP!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family