“Good stay”

Ranked #36 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Birmingham
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is very big and because of this you don't get the small personal touch. The hotel was great we stopped in the royal wing and the room was big and lovely. Mohammed the pool man was so good with our son and Mohammed in the sundowner was lovely. He gave great service to us and was great with the children. The food was lovely but not to our choice we struggled some nights as food is mainly very spice and lots of sauces. We found the le terrace much better. We did go every night to the entertainment at las palmers and thanks to Hanif he looked after us so well and yes Abbie from the animation team was fab too. All in all lovely hotel very little English tourists would go back to sharm but maybe a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went there 4 years in a row. we simply love it. Everything is good. We stayed at royal suites which have their own pool, amazing by the way. But we used to go to the other pool for the water activities like the small water park, volley, waterpolo...
If you like sandy beaches and shores it's the hotel for you cuz there you have to jump or use the stairs but if you dare to jump it's more fun. you can snorkle and you will see colorful fish and corals.
breakfast is great, a huge variety. But I suggest you go with your car, rent one or use taxi to go out at night, Soho is not far, Nabq bay is not far too, even naema bay. I suggest you go on B&B and have dinner outside. From our 4 years experience this is the best we came to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maha M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

the hotel was great, beautiful places specially for cuples verry romantic, but nothing's more amazing than the animation team they made us workout play dance .... we spend verry good times with them they become family to us ! the hotel is nothing without them and we shure gonna comeback just to spend more time with them !!!

Room Tip: the rooms are all great, the view are in front of pools
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Imene H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My family and I just visited this hotel. We stayed in the Royla Wing in big, bright suites. The hotel is big, lots of facilities, good fodd, good hygiene and very nice staff.

There is more than 10 restaurants - the Japanes restaurant makes a show by the chef with lots of fire, that i simply worth experiencing; try the lobster which was the best seafood I ever had.

Especially Mohammed Salar - the pool man at the Sundowner Pool - showed an extreme level of service, which I have never seen before. He took care of all guests as it was his own family, and thanks to him the whole experience was just perfect. The kids loved him, and we will come back to visit this hotel just for this guy. He simply takes care that EVERYONE at his pool feels special and never needs drinks, towels or sunbeds.

Room Tip: Choose to stay at the Royl Wing - it is a litlle more expensive than to stay in the main hotel, but...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank pallevictor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Despite the fact that I was not entirely excited about my stay, I still would like to thank Mr. Amer Barakat, the general manager of the hotel for his willingness to help me enjoy my stay at the hotel. In addition, special thanks to Mojo, the animation manager who went far and beyond to assist me and children in enjoying the stay at the hotel. I also thank George and Elsayed from the main restaurant. My son, Nour, likes Mojo and Max so much. Hopefully, next time the hotel removes the disadvantages about which I complained during my stay. Room 2415. July 29, 2014 to August 5, 2014.

4 Thank Tarek E
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed 7 nights in this hotel from 27 July 2014, it was a nice stay. Pool is very suitable for kids, Breakfast also good. Rooms are wide enough. Stuff is friendly. The hotel contains more than 400 rooms with different views. Mini bar contain only 2 soda bottles and water bottle. Room service is qualified and response fast. The beach is 10+ minutes walking. Beds are clean and comfortable

Room Tip: see view rooms. and make sure you order non-smoking rooms. also note the hotel courtyard contians bi...
1 Thank ahmed_sf
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I agree with the review left by 199anonymous. My wife and three children stayed at this hotel between 16th and 30th July and spent the majority of our time around the Sundowners pool. We had an enjoyable time thanks to Mohammed the lifeguard and the bar staff. It is a good hotel, with great good, great entertainment. We stayed at the hotel for 14 nights and had 6 vouchers to use at the other restaurants on site. You're not given the choice of which restaurant and it is down to the discretion of the hotel. We used the vouchers in the Jolie Bistro, the Mandarin restaurant and the Noodle place (I forget the name) and were very satisfied with the food and service there. The food at the Jolie Bistrol is a bit limited in choice however. I cannot find fault with the staff nor food. I also got a massage by Magd which I enjoyed. We were approached by various staff to try the spa, beautician and excursions on a number of occasions. We did not find any of them intrusive and they went away if we said we were not interested. The prices quoted are negotiable.

What let the hotel down is the new policy I believe of charging for wifi. It is currently 80USD per device for wifi. I find this extortionate for something that had previously been free. I am not a heavy user and just wanted to download the latest newsfeed on the BBC News app and check my emails in the evenings. We noted there were a lot of Egyptian kids who were using the hotel's wifi and given it is 80USD per device I could not help but feel that they had obtained the service at special rate or free. After two weeks of no Internet at the hotel, it did rankle and I would say it is the only thing that would prevent me from coming back. I hope the hotel review their policy immediately and bring back free wifi. A way around this extortionate charge is to go into Naama Bay and get a cheap local Vodafone SIM. We learned of this from another guest on the last night.

As 199anonymous states, the guest profile has changed and we also witnessed the lack of manners by other guests in terms of pushing in for food or for the ice cream down at Sundowners. I found it annoying that the staff did not do anything when it was blatantly obvious. It was really frustrating seeing say the Grandmother of the family pushing in right in front of you and proceeding to ask for 15 or so ice creams to feed the grandchildren that were still in the pool and continued to eat the ice cream in the pool.

We also confirm that the Sundowners pool was closed for two and a half days due to I believe sanitary issues (or melted ice cream!). The main pool was also evacuated after someone did a poo. Indeed for half a day both pools were out of order. I guess these things happen.

This is my first review and I feel I have turned into Victor Meldrew. I want to summarise that this is still a very good hotel, the staff are great but I will most likely not be returning unless the new owners review their Internet charges.

Finally we paid for an upgrade through our travel agents. We asked for a large room with sea view. At check in we got a standard room without a sea view. The room was a twin room and as previously mentioned we are a family of five. A few reviews have mentioned the rooms being large and I guess they are. However there are rooms in the hotel that are strictly for two people only and this was one of them. We pointed out to front desk that we could not stay in this room and they promptly without complaint put us in a room the Royal Wing. We were happy with the resolution although strictly speak the room in the Royal Wing was not particular large either but was manageable. We later learned from a family that we befriended that the family rooms are above the lobby and they were staying in a room that had two double beds and one single bed. I guess this was the type of room we originally paid for!

Room Tip: Might be worth paying for an upgrade to the Royal Wing. You have the luxury of essentially having th...
7 Thank dexfx2014