Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort
Tropitel Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Il Mercato Hotel & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$84
US$214
US$158
Official Site
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$92
US$90
US$65
US$49
  • Pool
US$94
US$54
  • Pool
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$29
2,035 results
All reviewsascot barroyal wing roomsbig funanimation teamshisha cafelebanese restaurantmain restaurantmain poolblue bayfishwater slidesamazing hotelhotels in sharmcoral reefamazing holidayhouse keepingspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2008

well on arrival i was helped with my luggage by golf buggy,
through a back door, which looked abit suspicious, through this door into a corridor,
once shown to my room i thought wow what a huge bed,
you have dressing table with mirror, huge tv,
x2 complimentry bottles of water, x4 glasses, cups and saucers with coffee ad tea and even a kettle.
mini bar was pretty good, had cans of pop,chocolate,crisps,cans of beer etc.
in the room was also a safe where i stored all my valuables.
i regulary left the do not disturb sign on and never got bothered once,
in the bathroom was your standard towels and complimentary bottles of shampoos soap etc.

my view was a courtyard and overlooked other peoples room very depressing, if your going to come to this hotel have a poolview or mountain view.
from 5pm everyday i shut my curtains and did not once go to the balcony.
on the second night i went shopping into old sharm to do my xmas shopping, on arriving back to the hotel a golf buggy came to collect me and take me to my room - room number being 1304 after half a trip around the hotel we arrived at the royal wing once i pointed out i was further down from the royal wing which did look stunning i may add.

he then took me all the way back to reception arguing that he would not take me to my room as i was not in the upgrade selection ??????? what? i was made to feel like an idiot.
one of the managers came to see what was going on and i explained i just wanted a lift to the room as i was carrying x4 2litres bottles of water, x4 fruit juices then all my xmas shopping - my hands felt like they were dropping off.
anyway it was agreed that he would take me,

that night i washed my hair, the water seemed to leave a strange greasy film in my hair, tred three times to wash whatever it was out but it would not go, it seemed to be coming from the water,
the next day i went to the shop in the hotel and bought some 2-1 shampoo, that did not work either i had experienced this before in another hotel and had the same problem which was coming from the poor quality of the water- now i have been to 8 hotels in sharm and only had this problem twice, so it seems to be the quality of the water that they have not being filtered correctly or something,
it was that bad that i wore a a bandana all throughout the holiday and wouldnt go to the bars in the evening as my hair looked like i hadnt washed it for months!!! not nice!!
on having room service there did not seem to be any consistancy, one minute you had flowers in a vase and a card with a number to ring to have your tray collected, othertimes there were not.

one evening my dinner came and it was cold so i rang them and they were opologetic, my icecream was missing too,
well it seems that when they bring your food on the trolley they are suposed to have your dinner in the hot plate below until they arrive at your room.
the waiter must have forgot, fair enough we all makes mistakes,

the pools are lovely and the lazy river is brilliant, nice and warm i could not fault the hotel grounds,
the beaches are stunning even though there is not a entrance to the sea from the beach the jettys are plentifull what i did not understand was when i was brought a drink from one side of the beach it was 27 egyptian pounds and then the other side it was 35 egyptian pounds why?
its the same drink, starts becoming expensive when all you doing is having mixed fruit juice at 2.50-3 quid a time, and then a tip, so i often took some water down, same with the icecream at 2.50 a time then a tip.
drinks of coke were 1.70 each alittle steep for a can of coke,
did not help being only 8.1 egyptian pounds to the english pound.
as the english pound was down quite abit when i came in may it was 11 to the pound which was very good, supose i would not have noticed as much if the english pound was as good as then,
the burger with cheese+ chips worked out at 10 english pound.
not good.
taxi to old sharm was 50 egyptian pound which was about 6quid english one way,
na-ama bay was 40 egyptian pound which was about 5quid one way, i enjoyed the trip tho.
the waiters harldy ever smiled and looked pretty bored, maybe as it was quiet,
i went into the restaurant with a friend i met here and we ordered some wine we got the wine within 10mins, but no glasses,
we had to wait 20mins for the galsses, by that time i had eaten my starter,
when the glasses came they had not opened the bottle of wine it was still corked,
so i went up and got my main course, halfway through that e managed to have a glass of wine, 20quid english pounds for a bottle tho so was not cheap,

on leaving the hotel i had to trape my suitcase, rucksack and handbag down the long corridor by myself, i saw 4 different staff that did not offer to help, and then down 5steps into the lobby and up another 4 to reception !
again no one offered to help, was very annoyed!

think i will stick to renaissance or the hitlon fayrouz in future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank PINKYDEE4237
Reviewed 19 November 2008

As i said in my review title, This was our third time to Egypt,Hurguada & Taba on previous visits. We booked a week in the royal wing which on the whole was fine as it was like a small oasis away from the main hotel.On talking to the house maid he informed me that the royal wing had been up for about 2 years from the outside the look stunning they just have to keep on top of things inside as our bathroom needed some work. The main part of the hotel was starting to look tired, the food mmm!! just didn,t do it for me the waiters were like robots never smiled possible its been a long season for them?. The entertaiment HA HA! moving swiftly on, took a look into nama bay i knew what to expect but found it a right pain in the [--] if i heard a ah! Braveheart once more!!!!
One thing they are trying out what we call all inclusive they are calling Premnium, the way i see it you pay all inclusive get a band on your wrist stops you having to sign every time you have something at the hotel no band simple then you sign. To sum up we were looked after well by the lads on the royal wing side, as for the hotel side they shall have to start giving it a face lift sooner rather than later, and it was that big it felt that there was just no life about it compared to the previous hotels we have visited. But that shall not stop us going to Egypt as we love it just not this place. Happy Hols!!!

Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank sporran50
Reviewed 14 November 2008

We went to this lovely resort at the end of October. What a fantastic experience. We came to the hotel, got checked in, and the hotel arranged for a small golf cart to pick up us and the luggage to take us to our room (we had paid extra for a room in the royal wing). When we entered our room, we were amazed - what a size….. Must have had about 30 sqm room, 4 sqm hallway and about 12 sqm bathroom with a huge tub in it. Had two ¾ beds in the room (for 2 people) - so there was plenty of room on all the 280 centimeters. There was coffee facilities and TV with lots of channels. Room was located close to the royal wing pool - only 50 meters down to the pool. The royal wing pool was also big and very nice, with depths ranging from 110 cm to 150 cm - and a childrens pool only 45cm deep (with a water playground). Bar and restaurant in the pool area as well, serving cold water, soda, beer, and descent food.
Only downside of the royal wing is the distance to the beach - takes between 5 and 10 min. to walk down there - but it is possible to catch the little hotel train, driving from the reception, down close to the “beach” area. Just remember there is a lot of steps down to the beach jetties, and you have to get there early to get sunbeds. But snorkelling on the hotel reef was absolutely amazing - saw lots of colourful fish - could have spent hours and hours down there.

The hotel itself offers a variety of restaurants of different cuisines - there is a buffet restaurant, a bistro, a Chinese and a Lebanese (in the Royal Club across the road - restaurant is overlooking the golf course). During the day, there is 2 pool restaurants at the main pool and 1 in the royal wing. Prices of food at the hotel are more expensive than in Naama Bay - but food is descent here. One thing I lacked from the previous reviews, I read before travelling, is the price level for food at the hotel. Prices range from about 50 LE and up: pizzas 55-70 LE, large burger with fries 70 LE, club sandwich and fries 65 LE, pasta 70-80 Le, lobster or steak from the grill 135-300 depending on what you should fancy.

In Naama Bay, at a restaurant called Dananeer you can get a steak dinner for about 60 LE for a beef tenderloin with fries (about 80 LE for Surf and Turf). Pizza Hut offers Large pizza’s with stuffed crust for 55 LE per pizza. There is also a KFC, TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Café, Egyptian, Italian, Lebanese and Chinese cuisines - so plenty to choose from. Taxi down town cost us 40 LE - but they will try to charge 50-70 LE. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus on certain times.

Breakfast at the hotel was free, of course - and very nice. Plenty of selection between freshly made omelettes, chicken and beef sausages, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, meatloaf, 8 different yoghurts, plenty of fresh fruit (melons and fruit salads), all carved out and peeled (so no worries about eating the fruit), serials, bread and more. Sometimes it does however take some time to get some coffee, but waiters are fast to clear the tables.

Hotel also had free internet access - that is on the stationary pc’s they have in the reception - however, these are almost always taken.

Staff at the hotel were generally very welcoming and polite, particularly our room cleaning guy was a nice young man. The Egyptian people are very warm and accommodating people, but respects a no thank you. The occasional one may noy get the hint - so you should just ignore them.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jinxus
Reviewed 9 October 2008

Stayed here 9/27-9/30 with a group of friends. Driving up you think you may be screwed because you’re in the middle of the desert, but once you get there, it takes a while to get to the main hotel. You’ll be pleasantly surprised. It’s a grand hotel, with great amenities like snorkeling, tons of restaurants, FREE INTERNET access, FREE BREAKFAST, enormous pool(s), huge rooms with large bathrooms, and balconies. There’s a little shop in the lobby for last minute items and snacks, which is great.

Rooms are very nice, spacious and have really large balconies.

The only downer is when pulling up, they have these security barriers that prevent anyone from driving up to the main entrance, which is a drag if the bellman is not there to help with your bags. In addition, if you want to catch a taxi to go to the Old Market or Na’am Bay, you have to walk all the way to the main gate to catch the cab. But the gentleman at the gate will gladly call one for you.

Over the beautiful wooden bridge is the “beach” area, which is fantastic and you have great snorkeling right there!! There are tons of little nooks where you can grab a couple beach chairs and an umbrella and hang out all day. You can also rent snorkeling gear from the dive shop.

There are also 4 piers that you can lounge at, but be sure to get there early.

The main pool is nice and plays decent music. They also serve drinks and you can have lunch a few steps away at the BBQ restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackeemd
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Just to give my review a context, I have holidayed in Sharm four times and stayed in four different properties in the last three years:

Grand Rotana
Hyatt Regency
Sofitel
and finally, Jolie Ville Golf Resort.

I was perfectly happy in all the other resorts, you take the good with the bad and the good always out weighed the bad. I have always managed to get very good deals also, which I think you need to keep in mind when you are less than satisfied.

However, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't let others know that in my experience you can do much better than the Jolie Ville.

The breakfast was not good, the food is all a little bit tired and the standard is certainly not as high as the other hotels I have stayed in. The staff in the breakfast area never offered us tea/coffee proactively, we always had to look for them (in the other 3 hotels they were all over you with refills and even got to know your name). Nobody ever said good morning either, which is in stark contrast to the other hotels I have stayed in.

The restaurants had no atmosphere , whenever we walked in they were dead quiet with no music or buzz about them. We tried the Bistro, the Lebanese Restaurant (the best of them) and then we went into the Chinese Restaurant. The Chinese restaurant had no customers and no music playing with four staff looking at us! We had that feeling of dread and decided to leave and get a taxi to the Grand Rotana next door as they have an Oriental Restaurant there called Silk Road. What a contrast, the doors were opened before us, everyone was saying hello, the staff were extremely nice to us and the Manager came to our table to introduce himself. Quite honestly it was like a joke, as if someone had told them how bad the other hotel was! My husband and I were on holiday with my sister and brother in law and their two kids..............they couldn't believe how gorgeous the Grand Rotana was. We ate there a second night also.

The pool at the Jolie Ville is fine (as are all the grounds, its an old'ish hotel, but clean) but nobody from the bar comes round for drinks orders or lunch orders during the day. Again, in the other three hotels they were always doing the rounds and getting a drink was easy (makes sense too because you order much more and thus spend more money with them!)

The taxi situation in the hotel is ridiculous too. You order a taxi at the concierge desk as you normally would in a hotel. They then send you out to a hut where you are harassed about the price! Its as if you are in the centre of the town! Our taxi from Jolie to Rotana cost £65 Egyptian, and from Rotana to Jolie £25.

We asked to meet the Manager, better to give honest feed back face to face I would have thought. The Manager was too busy and would not meet us! I hate any kind of stress on holiday (whats the point?) so we just decided to forget about it and left the hotel every evening to eat off site.

Again, all I can say is that there are much better hotels in Sharm for in and around the same money. The great thing about holidaying in Sharm is the lovely friendly staff and the attentive service. I'm afraid I cannot say this about the Jolie Ville and I think I am well qualified to remark as I have experienced other hotels nearby.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family