This is the second time that we've stayed in this hotel; the last time being two years ago. In that time, the hotel has improved!
The room were we allocated was in the Front Palm area, which can be a little noisy at night with the Pacha night club being close by, but disruption was minimal. This is the only downside to this hotel, which is easily remedied with ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
Check in went smoothly and our room was lovely. Two large beds, bathroom with shower and bath, flat screen TV with satellite channel, a safe, plenty of storage space and two balconies. On our return to the room after diving on the fisrt full day of our holiday, the hotel had provided us with towelling robes and slippers, fresh flowers and fruit, dried fruit and a bottle of wine. It's these kinds of touches that I really appreciate in a hotel!
We had breakfast each morning in The Orangerie. There is a fantastic spread of Egyptian foods, breads, cakes and pasties, yoghurts, fruits, cooked breakfasts and continental breakfasts.
We did spend a couple of days at the hotel pool, as the dive sites were closed due to the shark attacks. The waiters are available to keep you well stocked with drinks and snacks.
The gym is well equipped with cardio and resistance equipment, and is usually pretty empty.
In summary, I highly recommend this hotel. We will be returning there soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 'The hotel occupies a prime location right in the centre of Sharm el Sheikh on Naama Bay’s promenade and sandy beaches of the Red Sea, offering 396 rooms including 23 suites, in 42 bungalows. All rooms are equipped with balcony or terrace, bathroom/WC, hairdryer, climate control, minibar, safe, telephone and Satellite TV. The cosy standard rooms are located in the Sport Area, which is around 300 metres from the main building and 700 metres from the beach. The comfort rooms are situated at the Palm Area, located beside the main reception area. 50 to 500 metres from the beach is the Preferred Front Area where the elegant superior rooms are situated. Gastronomic facilities feature 9 restaurants and bars covering a broad spectrum of international cuisine including 4 à-la-carte restaurants (thereunder a French and an Italian one) and the famous Beach BBQ. 24-hour room service is provided. The hotel’s expansive grounds and sports facilities ensure active guests have plenty to do. Newly built Thai Spa and wellness center, 4 tennis courts, children club, SUBEX diving centre, parasailing, various water sports, volleyball, horse/camel riding, safaris, jeep, quad and boat trips are offered. The Maritim Jolie Ville golf course is approx. 7 km from the hotel. Two pools (one with seawater and one with freshwater) are amidst the landscaped gardens. Kids will enjoy their time in the holiday club, open the whole year through for children from 4 to 12 years. Bakery, shops, bank, limousine service and a doctor in house are also offered. Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino occupies a conference centre, built on 3.000 m² of land, consisting of 7 meeting rooms, the biggest of which can accommodate up to 500 persons. All meeting rooms are equipped with the latest technology. Besides, the “Casino Royale” is operated by Casinos Austria International and located opposite the hotel. Business hours of reception: 24/7 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino Sharm El-Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort And Casino Sharm El-Sheikh