“Excellent location, excellent staff, excellent facilities.... excellent!”

Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa
Ranked #106 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed at the end of August for one week. A family of 4, the staff couldn't do enough, our room was big and had everything we needed, clean bath/shower toilet etc.
There was a wide selection of food - some was recycled from the evening before, but with a slightly different twist.

There are multiple pools to pick from, with varying depths to suit everyone (my 3 year old liked the 45cm pool with camel statues!)

The beach is an artificial course grain sand, not suitable for sandcastles, however the sea with so much tropical fish, even in 50cm of water will keep you entertained.

Will certainly return!

1  Thank RehanAdamZ
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Hello Rehan AdamZ,

Thank you for your comments on our rooms, FB product and the staff.
We train our staff daily either in a class room or on job and its nice to know that it's all going towards enhancing our guest's experience at Sheraton Sharm. The team is very flexible to out guests needs and will go the extra mile to exceed their expectations.

We appreciate your comments about our recreation facilities and we are glad you enjoyed your vacation with us and we wish to serve you and your family many years to come.

The Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,787)

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed for 10 days from the end of August to the beginning of September. Glad we did not upgrade to the main hotel. Met others who did and their room was much smaller and they had to walk further every night to access a bar. Plus the main hotel is much more crowded and loud

The resort was quiet and we had a great sea view even though we only booked a garden view room. The room was a bit dirty, mainly the bathroom. The whole room felt more 3 star than 5 star. However the view and huge patio we had made up for it.

Only 2 bars serve alcohol in the evening and it was a bit of a pain to walk to the bathroom as neither have bathroom facilities that are close. The small plastic cups they serve drinks in are ridiculous and we found the bar would stop serving at least 10-15 minutes before they claimed to in the evenings. One customer even got into a heated argument over the time when he wanted a drink at 11:47 and the bar maid said it was past 12:00 which it clearly was not.

The Italians and Russians make things unpleasant at meal times as they tend to push their way into the line up and do not understand the concept of a line up. You really need to be pushy and stand your ground with them or you will never eat.
The food was good, got a bit repetitive after 10 days but there was lots of choice and most of it was really good quality.

Despite these annoying flaws the beach was beautiful and quiet, the staff were all friendly and very helpful. The weather was perfect, the shuttle bus into Na'am bay was very convenient and free and overall for the price it was worth the money we paid.

Room Tip: Rooms in the resort are better value for your money and bigger. If you are able chose an ocean view...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Hello Janette N,

Thank you for your reviews on trip advisor and your lovely comments about our helpful staff, beach facilities and shuttle service to Namma Bay.

Front Desk team allocate the guests room based on their booking (garden, see view and pool view) and all the guest have the right to check their booking before the arrival with the travel agent or with our hotel. In addition we do have 835 rooms with different room types and suites and for sure if we are above 90% you will see 1400 to 1600 adults on the beach. Sheraton Sharm rated as 5* Hotel and we have our pictures in the official website. We do have bigger operation in the resort area because we have 423 rooms and in the main building 300 rooms including the suite rooms. Moreover if we are busy in the main building for sure we are busy in the resort area as will as the villas.

We appreciated your comment about our dining facilities, variety and quality.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Sharm for your holiday.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

sheraton resort in egypt was the worst hotel experiance of my life.I do not recommend familys stay here as there is no childrens entertainment and the food is a very low standard of quilty. I give the food a 1 out of 10, there wasnt a large variety and it was always cold they dont have a seperate menu for children if u want chips an pizzas for children you have to jump on a bus to the main hotel and that food is only available at 3:30pm my advice to families with children do not stay there because you will end up having to eat out which we ended up doin and it cost more money that you dont expect to use. our first room was on groung floor only to our horror to wake up at 6:00am one morning to find a peeping tom staring through our balconey window we called security right away and asked us what he looked like we told them an egytian man,but they continued to tell us it must of been an english man which we made clear but there didnt want to believe us.eventually they moved us but it did ruin the holiday and the shower was always cold.They claim the hotel is 5* but its clearly 2* they make u believe ur staying in the Plaza because they dont show u any pictures of the plain resort,you only find out when you get there.The rooms are not 5* there very old an dated curtains dont close properly and tiles coming up off the floor.ONCE AGAIN DO NOT STAY THERE YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor not ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Layine p,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

Reference to your comment concerning food variety of dining options on offer including Indian, Italian, oriental and Buffet restaurant (the specialist restaurants require reservations) serving main meals and snacks, drinks are available from the cocktail/ Palms, Dolphin or Disco bar. Nightly entertainment includes live music, shows, folklore, dancing and disco.

In addition, we have 11 outdoor swimming pools, with various spacious sun terraces with sumptuous loungers and parasols, private beach, full service SPA, Jacuzzi, sauna, massage, aqua-medic treatments, fitness centre, well stocked and maintained gym, Diving centre, water sports, windsurfing, snorkeling, beach volleyball, billiards, lit tennis courts. For the kids: kids outdoor swimming pools, kids club, animation team , supervised activities, games, sports and competitions.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is not a 5* hotel... STAY AWAY
All inclusive is not all inclusive

My room was filthy...the bathroom had mould on the grout, , a cheap fix on the cracks in the ceiling, the air con gave out a nasty stale smell in our room.
Had a vodka and coke and a vodka red bull in the lobby bar... £21.... bearing in mind we paid ALL inclusive.
Staff very unhelpful, a case of "we have your money now so whatever you got to complain about tuff!" attitude
One night the bars we were aloud to use there was no barman to serve us.
The food was bland..every night rice, pasta and potatos
Went to the Delta Sharm Resort last year......this hotel was miles better and that too had 11 pools

I will never be returning to this hotel again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gembles22
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Gembles22,

Thank you for your input and comments on trip Advisor.

Reference to your comments about condition of room and bathroom we are sorry to read that you didn't totally liked it although our housekeeping and Engineering teams are doing their best to clean and maintain the rooms.

Our buffet is international cuisines and we do have theme night's every day. Our all inclusive concept in the resort different from the one in the main building, in the resort area you are entitled to use 5 bars in the beach until sunset (Hugo's Bar, Cascade Bar, Full Moon Bar, Palmas Bar) and in the resort you have (Dolphin Bar, Manta Bar, Barracuda Bar) then you have three different bars until midnight (Nefertiti, Dolphin & Cascade Bars) which is written in your concept.

The Management,

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My friend and myself have just returned from this holiday and we have no real issues to write about. The entire complex is spotless, beach always neat and tidy with several bars, food was fantastic, as with all AI some parts are repeditive but there was lots of choice, wine was nice :) and all alcohol served til midnight at the two outdoor bars, staff were mainly friendly and helpful, we were in the resort area and the rooms were nice enough. Overall our holiday went well and without a hitch.
If I had to pick fault I would say the 'banding' system isn't great (certain coloured bands can eat / drink in certain bars, worth checking before booking) and there was no indoor area to sit in the evening that provided AI drinks) also the beech could do with another jetty or two as it's a long beach with just one jetty! overall if I got it at a good price I'd return otherwise I'd try elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lori-7225
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Lori-7225,

I am glad to hear that you had a safe flight back home and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa.

We appreciate your lovely comments about our cleanliness, food varieties, dining facilities, bars and all inclusive dinks and bars. Many thanks for your lovely comments about our staff member.

We would like to thank you for your kind comments, great recommendation and taking the time to let us know about your stay. It was wonderful to learn that the level of customer service you experience helped create a positive stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed in the Main Building, rooms are nice and big and ours led
out to the beach which was great. However, room looked like it needed a damn good deep clean. Curtains were torn and was generally tired looking. The bathroom was very big and would have been lovely if it was clean. The bath was stained and horrible. I asked for the room to be cleaned again, which it was, and was better but the attitude from the reception staff at this request stunk.
Meals are buffet style and were OK most meal times, lots of variety but aimed towards the russian market (hotel predominantly Russian guests) and waiting staff were friendly.
Annoyed that the lifeguards allowed some guests to smoke in the pool, there were cigarette buts by the steps as you got out and in the baby pool, YUCK!!. Pool area not kept as clean as it should, where drinks had been spilt the sticky stains were there with us the whole week!
Our week was OK, we stayed at a 4 star hotel in Sharm year previous that knocked spots off the Sheraton all round. We booked for the price, won't be doing that again, would rather pay £100 more and stay in a clean and better presented hotel, closer to the tourist areas. Overall its OK, certainly nothing to shout about and not up to the usual 'Sheraton' style. Would not ever book to go there again. My advice would be to pay a bit extra and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are nice, but some are a good walk away from the central areas, even in the main...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy_Lulu_21
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Sep 7, 2012.

Dear Lucy_Lulu_21,

Thank you for your input and comments on trip Advisor.

We are glad to hear that you liked our room at the main building. Our rooms in the main building are all sea front with the same size of the balcony or the terrace.
Ground floor rooms have a direct access to the sea. The higher floor has a balcony with a sea front view.

Our buffet is international buffets we are trying to satisfy our guest with the variety provided.

I'll pass your comments to our waiting staff. Thank you for your comments.

Some of our guests are misbehaving and we are doing our best to control the misbehavior we will make more control at the pool area to keep it clean and safe four our guests.

We hope we can welcome you again in Sharm el Sheik in the future

Yours truly,

The Management.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My family and i went for a weeks holiday in this place. We booked a 5* all inclusive holiday. We arrived at the resort entrance and it looked like an 18-30's dive but our spirits were lifted when we were told we were staying in the main building, after a 10 min wait for the hotel bus we reached what looked like a lovely entrance, very posh, we were happy. We checked in and went to our room, what a total dump. The curtains were dirty, the tv didnt work unless you stuck a straw in it, the bathroom...well we wont get into that one, it was worse than words can say. We approached customer relations and were told we would have to take it up with the travel agent. We went to bed quite deflated only to find they were the most uncomfortable beds possible, worst of all there was i dont know what splattered all up the wall up to the ceiling behind the bidet. All single beds may i add. We got up the following day and went for breakfast....very let down, there was not a lot of choice and what choice there was was stale. The evening time came and at about 630 we made our way to the bar for a glass of wine, bearing in mind we went all inclusive, we were told that after 6pm you had to pay for any drink other than the local white rum, dark rum or vodka. Now we tried this and it shouldnt of been on sale it was toxic. My husband ordered a glass of wine, it came in a plastic cup that looked like a childs size drink, we both looked shocked to see that there was only the same amount of wine as you would get in a spirits shot. Again we approached the 'all inclusive' issue with the management and were again told to take it up with the agents. I tried to access their wifi with no luck so yet again went to ask how i could get access...i was told that I would have to pay to access their wifi which cost me £15 for A DAYS access. Now even places in Gambia supply free wifi but not the Sheraton.
I had had enough and decided to contact my travel agent who rang me back. I told them all of our issues and raised the subject of having to ring our transfer company to see when they would be picking us up. The hotel supplies a phone booth but it is £1.80 a minute. We were told that we would not have to pay for this call under the circumstances. The following morning i made my way to reception to make the call, I was told i could not use the phone and would have to go to the booth. I lost my temper a bit and demanded to speak to the manager. The manger cam down and I have never met such an arrogant ignorant individual in my life, he refused to give me the call and said if he gave me a free call he would have to give everyone a free call and i would have to contact my rep if i wasnt happy. I tried to appeal to his better nature and explained what a disaster the holiday had been and was told that i should have complained sooner, it told him I had complained and was told to contact my travel agent. He still would not give me ONE free call. On this same day, not half an hour later a russian chap went up to speak to the same guy we had spoken to, not only did he get a free phone call but the receptionist even dialled the number for him. This holiday cost us a small fortune and we are totally dissappointed. Anyone thinking of going to this place should avoid it all costs.
All inclusive at this place seems to have different colours for different levels. Even after 6pm when you have to pay for drinks the colour of your band determines what bars you can drink in. A total class system. The level of customer service is non and the management are so rude it is ridiculous.
The hotel is positioned about 10 mins from naama bay, going to naama bay is an order in its self, its like going through the slums if india, totally vile.
The choice of food in the restaurants is awful, my husband will eat almost anything and even he struggled. The only good meal we had was from the italian restaurant on site which yet again we had to pay for but we had no choice. We spent nearly £1000.00 on top for food and drink. This sounds excessive but when you pay £6-7 for one shot drink and ridiculous food prices it soon adds up especially when you meet people and buy a round of drinks.

6  Thank Emma O
SheratonSharm, Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear Emma O,

Thank you for your input and comments on trip Advisor.

We are sorry to read that you did not totally enjoy your holidays in the hotel.
Reference to your comments kindly be advised that We do have a different All inclusive concepts.

Each concept has a different facilities and price. Our concepts are advertised to our operators.
Our buffets are international with a large variety to satisfy most of our clients from different places with different taste. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy our meals.
Wifi internet is served through a third party company and the prices are competitive with other hotels in the city. But now we have a new facility (Link @Sheraton) it gives each in-house room a free half hour internet on daily basis.

Reception telephone is a service phones we don't do calls from there. Even free call to the rooms must be from the telephone operator.
The cost for a local call is 2 L.E per minute almost .25 setline pounds.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal at the Italian restaurant. Will pass your comments to the associates there.

we genuinely do attempt to ensure that all of our guests do enjoy their stay with us and believe that we provide value for the very high standards that we have a reputation for providing .we are hoping to count on your understanding and wishing that any unpleasant experience you might have had does not reflect on your confidence in our hotel, or any Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide and looking forward to receive you once again in Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa.

The management