“A wonderful hotel that deserves it' 5* rating”

Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa
Ranked #115 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“A wonderful hotel that deserves it' 5* rating”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I alway check hotel reveiws before I travel but as they are always personal to the individual it's not possible to get a clear picture. The picture became very clear to me the moment I arrived. At check in I was made to feel very welcome. Almost every memeber of staff greeted me with a smile and a handshake.

I was very impressed when I walked into my room. They are very spacious. immaculately clean and very cool thanks to the great air conditioning. my large king size bed was very comfortable. the bathroom is also very large and I appreciated having both bath and shower.

Being an early riser it was very convenient that breakfast is avaialable from 6.30am in the main restaurant. As with all meals the quality and choice is very impressive. Even at 6.30am the restaurant manager and his team are there to meet your every need. The service was always second to non. A special thank you to Mr Mohsen Zakaria the restaurant manager. A wonderful host who makes everything possibe.

Every area of the hotel and grounds are spotlessly clean. The beach is brushed every evening. also the pools are cleared of any fallen leaves for those who like an early morning dip.

The barmen in the lobby are always very professional as with staff at the other bar area's througout the hotel. A special note of appreciation must go to Hany and Bassem. They both make a very good expresso coffee.

On one of the evenings after receiving an invitation from the hotel manger I attended a cocktail party at the moonlight bar on the beach. Although I had none it was the perfect chance to meet the managment team and air any issues you might have.

The Sheraton Sharm in the perfect place place to relax and unwind and meet new friends. I did on occasion do a lille more. This included parasailing. Even that was hassle free. A speed boat arrived at the hotel jetty and took me along the coast to the main craft and then returned me after a great afternoon.

Their is so many more great things I could say say about Sheraton Sharm. Can I suggest you visit www.sheratonsharm.com.

In the unlikely event that an issue does arrise please don't bottle it up and then complain on TA when you return home. Speak to a member of the management team because they will be more than willing to put things right for you.

A last special thank you to Hussein Toufeily

Final note. Although Sheraton Sharm is a 5* hotel I was treated as a 6* guest.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the main building are quite. I was on the 5th floor and this offered beautiful view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank mars-or-bust
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Sharm and your kind posting.
It was indeed a pleasure to meet you at our weekly GM’s cocktail, which gives us the first hand information on our guests stay and as you correctly say, if we can improve your experience during your stay, we shall do it immediately.
Looking forward welcoming you again in our hotel which we hope to be in the nearest future.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from sheraton . Please make sure before you go that you are booked into hotel not resort as resort is only about 3star . Lots of people were making this mistake and having to pay to upgrade. The hotel itself is very nice and our holiday was made even better by the treatment we received from mohsen the restaurant manager and he's staff (mina) in white cruiser they could not do enough for you . Food really good and hot . The bar staff at the beach and also the beach towel guys looked after the English really well . The only issues really is that the lobby bar is only all inc until 10pm then pay . Also for a 5 star hotel you should get internet for free even if it was just in the lobby like many other hotels. The new manager Alexander is aware of some issues that need sorting . And says there will be many changes in the near future , over all a nice hotel all the staff are brilliant even hotel shops don't hassle you. But please make sure you stay in hotel not resort. If they sort out a few small issues then I would be happy to call it a 5 star hotel , would have no problem going back in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin P
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Sharm Hotel and for posting those nice comments.

We are presently reviewing our packages and are pleased to inform you that all our guests have the opportunity to taste our new Mediterranean menu at the Italian a la carte restaurant and enjoy the fresh fish at lunch at the pool.

Looking forward welcoming you again in our hotel.

manchester
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Will not make the mistake of going to other hotel again as I love the Sheraton main hotel the staff and every one,read the review that it was old and tired, so tried jaz beach told every one for a week how great the Sheraton was so will be full next year.hope to be back in sept all being well.when I told the Thomson rep my room number at the Sheraton from 14yrs ago he could not believe it,I said Charlotte at the Sheraton could not four years ago when I told her.she moved me to a lovely room closer to lift as I could not walk as good as I could ten years befor.love to every one.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jigalow
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for you kind words and we look forward to seeing you in September.
We are seeing more and more repeat guests in the Sheraton Sharm which makes us very proud.
We shall definitely celebrate your return!

The Management.
London
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in July.

We were in the main hotel on the 6th floor with an amazing sea view.

Location - right on the beach front. Close proximity to airport (15 min), Naama Bay (10min), soho sq. (10 min)

Rooms - cleaned every day, fresh linen and towels provided, safe in room, air conditioned

Food & bars - good variety of food provided fresh every day. Good range of beverages available. Snacks available throughout the day. Different bars open at certain times serving drinks.

Spa - fantastic! Very relaxing and well worth a visit. Reasonably priced.

Only a few niggles
* there is no free wifi; in a 5* you would expect this
* all inclusive drinks start at 10.30am and end at 10.40pm in the main lobby bar - yet you could walk to the disco, get a drink and bring it back to the lobby (which didn't quite make sense to me)
* you pay for all 'al a carte' meals (in other 5* hotels you normally get 1 free al a carte per week) - and if you eat in the al a carte and bill it to your room you will be charged an additional 2% on top (this was not explained)

Would we come back here? Probably. It's a lovely hotel, a very good 4* but not a 5! If they sorted the few niggles I had then if give it a 5*

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for patronizing our hotel and taking time to post your valuable comments.
It is very much appreciated that you recognize our effort in our restaurants and bars, where variety and quality is of our utmost importance.

We are presently studying the WIFI coverage of the entire resort to enable our guests to connect to the world.

There is a 2% government tax applicable to all restaurant and bar bills that are charged to the hotel room rather than being paid in the restaurant.

In order to strive for a constant improvement and adding value to our guests stay, we have reviewed our all-inclusive packager and are offering a wide variety of a la carte dishes in our Italian and Indian restaurant.

Finally, we will be glad to see you again in the Sheraton Sharm Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a lovely all round resort, there are a couple of points I will touch on later in the review.

So on our arrival, we were greeted by hotel staff who took our bags and we went to check in, check in was quick and we were given some brief information about who our rep was. We then got a 'Tuf-Tuf' (small van like vehicle) which took us to our room and our bags shortly followed.

We stayed in the Resort part of the complex All-Inclusive, The room was very spacious, with a couch, King size bed, fridge and safe. We arrived late in the evening around 8pm, Dinner runs on to about 10 so still had plenty of time to eat dinner. The food in the Nefertiti restaurant was ok, nothing special but no complaints, staff were very very friendly and always asked if we were ok, got us drinks so we didn't have to get up which was a nice touch. You could tell they were looking for a tip but weren't rude if you didn't which is a big big plus, but we did anyway. Big Shout to Ali who was great in surprising us with great drinks and Ashraf who were fantastic in the restaurants.

The food in the main hotel I insist you must go there to eat, it has the better food which I thought tasted great and also the staff were beyond helpful and always have a smile and like to have a quick chat and see how your holiday is going. Mohmed the head of the kitchen you can tell takes immense pride in the way his kitchen and staff represent him. The staff were very well dressed and spoke very good English. A lot of the staff spoke Russian as well as English but since I don't speak Russian I can't comment.

The bar staff at the dolphin were also very friendly and very talented you will see in my pictures shortly!

The hotel has a 'Tuf-tuf' which takes you pretty much anywhere around the complex (resort/main hotel/villas). staff also very friendly and no complaints.

On one occasion we ordered room service and it was very very very good, staff also polite even at 3 am in the morning. The beef burger is a MUST, i repeat MUST try,

Overall we had a very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back to the Sheraton.

Ofcourse I've only given the rating a 4/5* and there were some negative points which I will lay out.

there is nowhere to buy bottled drinks and there are signs to say you can't bring ones from the outside into the complex, so you can put it in the fridge or just drink it in your room at your pleasure, you fften having to go to the pool bar to get a drink, but that leads to another problem because the cups aren't that big so you have to back to the bar and get more so it can become an inconvenience.

Also on one occasion our room was rung over 7 times in 5 minutes and someone knocking on our door for a dvd which we didn't want which was meant to be sold 2 days prior. I wasn't inside the room at the time but my other half was, this incident scared her and is totally unacceptable. I completely understand this is was a totally isolated incident and shouldn't be considered over the fantastic service we received elsewhere.

Overall, great time and highly recommended, but stay at the main hotel if youre a family and the resort if you're a couple looking to have a quiet romantic time.

The place is not busy at all and the private beach is very very nice as well the beach bar

Room Tip: Couples who prefer a quiet holiday they should choose the RESORT rather than hotel,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charles K
sheratonsharm12, General Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for the detailed description of the resort and the positive comments aimed at any future guests. They are most welcome.

Your point about the bottled water is a valid one and we shall give this some thought during our next meeting to see how best to address this issue.

I am so sorry that you partner was un-nerved by the knocking on the door and the phone calls but I can assure you that there was nothing sinister about them even though they were unwarranted and unwelcome. Thank you so much for seeing it as an isolated incident – we shall make every effort to ensure that it is exactly that – isolated.

Your recommendation is invaluable to us and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review and share your experience with other readers on this forum.

Finally, we look forward to hosting you once again.

Kind regards,
The Hotel Management
Chernihiv Oblast, Ukraine
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel haves comfortable rooms (not at Resort), friendly service. In Main Building all rooms have balcony with view at sea. Our room (418) was quite cool even when we don't switch on a conditioner. A beach is big, comfortable and very (!!) clean. I recommend stay at Main Building (not at Resort) and your rest would be very good! :)

Room Tip: Rooms in area Romantic Hills are small, without a balcony, a conditioner arranges opposite face when...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking time to post those nice comments.
Yes, the main building has the advantage of having the restaurants and entertainment areas as well as the Spa (which we really can recommend) in the same building.
We look forward to indulge you again at the Sheraton Sharm.

The Management.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed with my wife for 12 days and we had excellent check in with front of house staff when we arrived from the UK, We had beautiful view of the sea and pools so a higher room is best to ask for in main hotel, they accommodated no smoking which is always a must for me. Food was very tasty and a good variety of food salads and cakes/breads daily as we had an (all inclusive) in the evening the food cooked outside on the balcony was always excellent with the freshly baked pizza like bread and fresh meat. Very clean swimming pools and always cheerful and friendly staff. Apologies but I cannot remember all the staff names but they always had the time to speak with you and nothing was too much trouble for all in the hotel especially the senior restaurant managers and staff and Daniel at the pool bar which just makes the vacation a much better experience.

If I holiday again in Sharm I would definitely stay in the same hotel and recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: if staying in the main hotel ask for a high room as the views are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sheratonsharm12, General Manager at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Lee,

I am so pleased that you had such a relaxing holiday with us and managed to unwind from the stresses of daily life in the UK. We try our best to provide an environment of peace and tranquility where our valued guests can enjoy their stay exactly as they want it and be well cared for by the superb staff.

Thank you for the kind words about the hotel and the food and I am delighted that you have complimented so many of the staff for their hard work and conscientiousness. The fact that you would return here if you came back to Sharm is very reassuring, as is your recommendation to your friends and family.

It has been our pleasure to host you on this occasion and we hope to have the honour of doing so again in the future.

Kind regards,