“4 Star to be fair” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Beirut, Lebanon
“4 Star to be fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I visited the Hotel for a 3 day holiday getaway. The hotel overall is very good but definitely cant be rated as 5 star. What made the experience good and memorable was the warm welcome, friendliness, respect, attentivity and assistance of the staff without any exceptions. It is obvious that the hotel was rated 5 star when first established but now needs rennovation: specially the rooms show signs of aging, the television sets are old. Another drawback is the breakfast menu which was the same every day and not wide choices, at least for me. Pools and amenities were good, the beach very clean n suitable for snorkling, spa service was good, dinner buffet had many choices, we also attended a night pool party which was fun. Finally, my special thanks appreciation and admiration to the manager Mr. Hussein Toufeily whose round the clock care, exceptional hospitality, continuous assistance, constant checkin and warm heart made our stay a memorable one. I shall definitely visit the place again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ari t
Lina S, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Ari,

It is gratifying to know that you were welcomed and well looked after in the true tradition of Sheraton hotels. Our staff are well trained and are here to provide you with the best service possible and ensure that you have the most relaxing time during your brief stay.
With regard to the breakfast menu, if there had been something specific that you would have liked, you need only talk to the waiter and I’m sure Chef would have been delighted to discuss your requirements with you. Any other needs can be taken care of if you enquire with the Guests Relations staff in the Main Lobby.
The hotel has a program of refurbishment and we tend to close of blocks when feasible so that we not disturb any of the guests with noise or dust so you are unlikely to see the process of refurbishment, only the end product.
It has been our pleasure and privilege to host you and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to your home in Sharm.

The Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Have just returned two weeks ago from 3 weeks in this fantastic hotel, which we have been six times now, I look forward to going back many more times. It was nice to meet Mr. Alexander the new temporary General Manager and hear the changes he is going to make, not sure if the Sheraton have ever listen to comments in the past because each year it seemed to be the same old thing people were complaining about. Now I hope you don’t think everybody were making complaints, but you will see from other trip advisers mention there are some little things that need working on.

Now onto my praising, where do I start?

The beach boys make us so welcome and this year we got invited to the staff football match, the fun of football in any country is the same, you shout at the other team for getting to close to your goal and shout at your team for missing some opportunity’s, it was a great night and everybody made us welcome. And special thanks to Samy Habeb and Mohamed Saad Eldin for inviting us, and looking after us on the beach every day. I am honored to say they are my friends and miss them from year to year. This year my wife wanted to bring home one of the new beach boys Ebrahim Nuessf who is there for the summer holidays he is so helpful so tip him well.

His bother Amgad Nuessf works at the poolside A la Carte restaurant that I would recommend every lunch time, excellent food and will show you some photos later. Others at the A la Carte were the boss Mr Mohamed Abd Al-Kader, Mina Gamel, Ehad Fthla and Mohamed Adb Al-Hamid all of them look after you. Breakfast was available from 6.30am in the main restaurant and the only complaint was the food was too good I have put on 6lbs in weight, a fantastic range of food at all three sittings.
Other staff that made our stay enjoyable were the staff at the lobby bar, the newly opened Cascade bar and the dolphin bar. The drinks “Sprites I think need to be looked at as the Vodka, Gin and Bacardi all taste the same but the beer is fine”.

The Hotel, rooms and all public areas were spotless, the room attendants cant do enough for you. The main building has seven floors, one to six being accommodation and the Lobby floor being where the restaurants, reception, Lobby bar, disco and spa are situated. There are two other restaurant an Italian and an Indian, you can book for these restaurant but have the pay a proportion of the cost. I think this needs to be changed and let holiday makers try them once each during there stay, and if they like them on there next visit pay say fifty percent of the bill because they are already paying for there all inclusive package anyway.

One thing the hotel has not got is an English Speaking advisor. What do you need an advisor for: Things like changing money, its best to use the machine in the reception area, it gives you a better rate than changing money in England, what bars you can use with what armband but that I hope is all about to change, and things like how much should you tip, help in going out to places like Sharm Old Town and Soho Square, the hotel has a shuttle bus with some charges for different times of the day you want to commute, but if you want to know about the best way to go about things I will help if I can just send me a question.

The hotel taxis try to charge you the earth if they ask for a 100 Egyptian Pounds each way tell them you will give them a 50 Egyptian Pounds each way or you will use the taxis at the main gate which again you can haggle. What a lovely word Haggle you can on everything on offer when out shopping, get a price in your mind “cheaper than at home” and stick to your guns. We found in Naama Bay and Soho Square are about the same price like a small Fred Perry tee-shirt for my grandson 10 months old was about 50 Egyptian Pounds £4.20 but in Old Sharm if you look around we found a shop that sold them for 35 Egyptian Pounds, £2.90 copies of course. Leather goods and shoes are still a good buy and watch shops everywhere, check everything like you can change the time one we looked at the winder came out in my hand.

Do not be put off by the negative reviews it’s a lovely hotel in six years I have never had any member of staff be rude to me completely the opposite they can not do enough for you yes some of the décor needs up dating in the rooms but 100% better than any hotel I have been in around Europe which I have travelled for 40 years. The comments about the Russians are true but it’s the way they have been brain washed everybody other than Russians are the enemy, things are changing but very slowly.

I would say this is not the hotel to entertain young children and if you are a couple under thirty you will need to go out most nights to get some lively entertainment, there is a hotel disco have never seen it full. But for over thirties wanting to just relax and swimming in the sea to see a fantastic array of fish then this is the place.

The picture of the staff I have put on this review are worth looking out for (Saad) I think thats how you spell his name the driver of the little bus that takes you around the resort is excellent, and the two beach supervisors Samy Habeb and Mohamed Saad Eldin tell them you read the trip advisor report from Mr Ken and make sure you treat them well.

Room Tip: When you book make sure you are staying in the main building
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kenhue
Dear Ken,

What a wonderful review and we all thank you for continuing to support us with your presence every year. It clearly sends such a positive signal out to all the readers on this forum but also to the management and staff of the Sheraton who find a great deal of encouragement in your remarks.
Thank you also for the detailed and comprehensive review and breakdown of ‘life at the Sheraton’ – you paint a lovely picture.
We are indeed committed to improving the experience of our valued guests and we have a number of projects under way – some long term, some medium and some short, but the thing they all have In common is that they are specifically designed to add value to the Sheraton experience.
It has been a delight to host you yet again and we look forward with great anticipation to your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

When I ve been sheraton with my sister I observed many crises between russian girls and waiter who working lobby bar and disco sometimes. He was very rude and he always chaised girls ,when he saw they sit or talk somebody he always disturbed them I think he doesn't represent sheraton face....
And I must say I enjoyed when I ve been there but plz somebody explain me why every guest like us had to upgrade all inclusive concept.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Cem K
Lina S, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Your comments about one of our waiters cause us some concern especially as we have had no other reports of any adverse behaviour from a member of staff. We ensure that all staff go through a rigorous training program and are fully aware of the Sheraton policy on hospitality. However, we shall remind them all of their responsibilities and monitor their performance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention although we certainly would have liked to know at the time of any such incident.
The Sheraton Sharm has just the All-inclusive board basis and no longer offers B&B or half board etc. I am sorry if this is inconvenient to you but it is what the huge majority of our customers tell us they want in a resort-based holiday as opposed to the different board bases offered in city or business Sheratons.
We thank you for choosing the Sheraton for your holiday and for sharing your thoughts on this forum and we hope to be of service to you next time you visit Sharm El Sheikh.

Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

What a beautiful place. If you're looking for rest and relaxation this is the place to go Sheraton Sharm El Sheikh Hotel & Resort , Egypt, I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations. Beautiful hotel,. A short distance from Naama bay (about 5 mints)& soho square (about 8 mints) which is easily accessible by the hotels free shuttle bus or by Taxi. I spent my days on the gorgeous beach, where our towels were laid out for us every day. Staff running around all day with a big smile on their faces making sure everybody was ok . The food at the beach bar is also lovely, you can either eat at the bar or on the comfort of your sun bed!, such beautiful beach !. If you're not a fan of the beach there are also a plenty of really nice pools to lounge around! We had a really nice sea view room in the hotel side, the rooms are very large, with a nice size balcony to relax on at the end of each day! the bathroom was also nice with both a shower and bath. there is also a air condition system which did the job well :) they are cleaned to a very good standard each day also :) a big thank you to the lovely Mr. Hussein Toufeily who as usual, made sure that everything is fine and were well looked after throughout our stay. The hotel also has an amazing spa!. The food in the hotel was fantastic, so much variety and everything tasted amazing from breakfast to the evening meals.. I would highly recommend the Pool restaurant where we ate once, the food was amazing! The staff are also a real credit to the hotel, nothing was ever too much trouble and they would go above and beyond to meet your requirements. Without a doubt, I will be returning to this fabulous hotel and would recommend it to everyone looking at holidays in Sharm. I felt completely safe at all times and had a lovely time. A big thanks again to Mr. Hussein Toufeily for looking after us

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
5 Thank tamercool
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Sharm and for positing this encouraging review.

Most of it, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Our Italian Restaurant offers now great new Mediterranean dishes and is part of the All Inclusive variety we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again!

Best regards
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I alway check hotel reveiws before I travel but as they are always personal to the individual it's not possible to get a clear picture. The picture became very clear to me the moment I arrived. At check in I was made to feel very welcome. Almost every memeber of staff greeted me with a smile and a handshake.

I was very impressed when I walked into my room. They are very spacious. immaculately clean and very cool thanks to the great air conditioning. my large king size bed was very comfortable. the bathroom is also very large and I appreciated having both bath and shower.

Being an early riser it was very convenient that breakfast is avaialable from 6.30am in the main restaurant. As with all meals the quality and choice is very impressive. Even at 6.30am the restaurant manager and his team are there to meet your every need. The service was always second to non. A special thank you to Mr Mohsen Zakaria the restaurant manager. A wonderful host who makes everything possibe.

Every area of the hotel and grounds are spotlessly clean. The beach is brushed every evening. also the pools are cleared of any fallen leaves for those who like an early morning dip.

The barmen in the lobby are always very professional as with staff at the other bar area's througout the hotel. A special note of appreciation must go to Hany and Bassem. They both make a very good expresso coffee.

On one of the evenings after receiving an invitation from the hotel manger I attended a cocktail party at the moonlight bar on the beach. Although I had none it was the perfect chance to meet the managment team and air any issues you might have.

The Sheraton Sharm in the perfect place place to relax and unwind and meet new friends. I did on occasion do a lille more. This included parasailing. Even that was hassle free. A speed boat arrived at the hotel jetty and took me along the coast to the main craft and then returned me after a great afternoon.

Their is so many more great things I could say say about Sheraton Sharm. Can I suggest you visit www.sheratonsharm.com.

In the unlikely event that an issue does arrise please don't bottle it up and then complain on TA when you return home. Speak to a member of the management team because they will be more than willing to put things right for you.

A last special thank you to Hussein Toufeily

Final note. Although Sheraton Sharm is a 5* hotel I was treated as a 6* guest.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the main building are quite. I was on the 5th floor and this offered beautiful view...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
4 Thank mars-or-bust
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Sharm and your kind posting.
It was indeed a pleasure to meet you at our weekly GM’s cocktail, which gives us the first hand information on our guests stay and as you correctly say, if we can improve your experience during your stay, we shall do it immediately.
Looking forward welcoming you again in our hotel which we hope to be in the nearest future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from sheraton . Please make sure before you go that you are booked into hotel not resort as resort is only about 3star . Lots of people were making this mistake and having to pay to upgrade. The hotel itself is very nice and our holiday was made even better by the treatment we received from mohsen the restaurant manager and he's staff (mina) in white cruiser they could not do enough for you . Food really good and hot . The bar staff at the beach and also the beach towel guys looked after the English really well . The only issues really is that the lobby bar is only all inc until 10pm then pay . Also for a 5 star hotel you should get internet for free even if it was just in the lobby like many other hotels. The new manager Alexander is aware of some issues that need sorting . And says there will be many changes in the near future , over all a nice hotel all the staff are brilliant even hotel shops don't hassle you. But please make sure you stay in hotel not resort. If they sort out a few small issues then I would be happy to call it a 5 star hotel , would have no problem going back in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin P
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Sharm Hotel and for posting those nice comments.

We are presently reviewing our packages and are pleased to inform you that all our guests have the opportunity to taste our new Mediterranean menu at the Italian a la carte restaurant and enjoy the fresh fish at lunch at the pool.

Looking forward welcoming you again in our hotel.

manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Will not make the mistake of going to other hotel again as I love the Sheraton main hotel the staff and every one,read the review that it was old and tired, so tried jaz beach told every one for a week how great the Sheraton was so will be full next year.hope to be back in sept all being well.when I told the Thomson rep my room number at the Sheraton from 14yrs ago he could not believe it,I said Charlotte at the Sheraton could not four years ago when I told her.she moved me to a lovely room closer to lift as I could not walk as good as I could ten years befor.love to every one.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jigalow
sheratonsharm12, Sheraton Sharm Team at Sheraton Sharm Hotel, Resort, Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for you kind words and we look forward to seeing you in September.
We are seeing more and more repeat guests in the Sheraton Sharm which makes us very proud.
We shall definitely celebrate your return!

The Management.