“The one and only home away from home!”

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“The one and only home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Ever wonder where to escape for a much deserved vacation where you are pampered 24-7? Think no more, this resort is the answer. I'm sure all Four Seasons fans agree that once you stay at a Four Seasons you can never enjoy anything else. This is our fifteenth trip to Sharm, our second to this lovely resort. Came once as a young couple and then fourteen times with our children and even nanny. At four seasons you can leave your nannies and maids to have a break back home because the service here is impeccable. Kids are greeted with respect and hospitality before adults are showered with assistance. This is our second visit to the hotel and we intend on never going anywhere else for a beach vacation why? In a nutshell:
1. Service service service! Absolutely faultless. From room service to dining and from concierge to landscaping everybody and I mean EVERYBODY is helpful, respectful, and jumps to ensure you are truly pampered.
You get complimentary water before you say I'm thirsty. You never have to wait for the pool boy to take your order then wait again for your order to arrive. The minute you need him he is within reach and in a split second your bucket of ice is beside you. To help draw a closer picture: pool boys even spray you and the kids with complimentary Evian water spray to make sure you remain hydrated! They offer you sunscreens, aftersun etc lotions. They provide ample towel changes and clean the pool toilets around the clock. Housekeeping come in as a team to quickly and efficiently get the job done. They follow your instructions should you have special requests. They respect your religion and remove all alcohol from the room. They replace your prayer rug with another thicker one for you and lay it facing Mecca for you. Etc etc
2. The food: sharm has no good food period. Greasy, oily food everywhere except here. International cuisine cooked to perfection. We never have to worry about dining anymore. Oh and breakfast has a fresh fruit bar where the Chef squeezes or cuts your selection for you. There is also a barista to brew your coffee the way you like it. You never hear the word we don't have what you want! You ask for berries and they say I'll make sure you get them. You ask for Islamic chicken or meat and they have no other.
3. Beauty and landscape!!!! Breathtaking! Recreation and excursion teams are amazing.
4. Attention to detail in everything. We even had complimentary snacks for the kids waiting in our suite with their names on them! My eldest isn't with us this time and everyone from the lifeguard at the beach to the receptionist have been inquiring about her!!!
I can go on and on but seriously don't second guess me on this. They deserve a 5.0 rating if not higher. Just book it and see for yourselves. Allow your bodies and minds to have a well deserved break where no nonsense from staff can inconvenience your peace of mind.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Advisorsk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I visited this hotel once before after their opening around 13 years ago and this was the 2nd visit with my daughter .the hotel is simply amazing and despite the fact it is expensive but it is worth it .
The staff are one of the best staff in hotels i visited they are really friendly and attentive , the pool is nice in size and the beach is good and the diving centre is excellent .
Really you cant find anything in this hotel that is not amazing ,happy to be there again .

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Akramaly1
Towcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Great holiday again! 1st time we have holiday'd twice at the same place because this resort is soooo good. The food, friendliness of all the staff and the attention to detail are all great reasons to visit, you won't be disappointed. The staff make this place, but the management team are very visible creating a great experience for everyone. Our 7 year old was treated like a king for the 2 weeks especially by the ever smiling ice cream / breakfast crepe chef!
We went on a snorkelling trip to Ras Mohammed on the Virginia with the in house water sports team which was awesome (Saw Nemo!)
The Arabian bedouin night was great, belly dancing, fire dancers and 1st ride on a camel.
Special thanks to Hussein and Mohammed at the pool, Boules at the Reef and Amr who was everywhere and outstanding (good luck in Dubai!) made our holiday really special. Until next time, Steve, Di & Jamie

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Steve B
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our second trip to this gorgeous hotel and we couldn't fault it at all. My son came down with chicken pox and the hotel couldn't do enough for him, bringing table football and play station to the room. All the staff are always professional and friendly. The food is very delicious and we are really fussy people! I cannot believe that the previous reviewer had her stuff stolen as we left money, phones, etc lying around and even when we lost things or left kids iPods they would always be found and delivered to our room. We would hope to return again next year.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Vsaunders
Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I first wrote a review about The Four Seasons in January 2013 but want add to add some additional comments after our recent visit last week. Guests with disabilities or who are not very agile, may find some of the terrain difficult but there are a fleet of golf buggies on hand day and night to whisk guests around the grounds. The staff are also so considerate that they would allocate rooms accordingly if asked. That brings me to the staff. I feel they deserve a special mention as they were all outstanding. They were cheerful, well trained and made us feel that nothing was too much trouble for them to help make our stay enjoyable. In my experience the quality of hotel staff can have either a positive or negative effect on any holiday. It was all positive at The Four Seasons no matter what the location or time of day. I feel that the quality and choice of food has improved since our last visit and the addition of a beach barbeque a lunchtime is an inspired idea. We ate at Waha, Sails, the Reef Grill, Arabesque, Il Frantoio and the beach barbecue and we enjoyed every single meal. This is a place for 'foodies'! Meals were always fresh, well cooked and indeed the presentation at times was a work of art! The wine selection was good and fairly reasonable in the main. Housekeeping also deserve a mention as our room was serviced quickly and was always immaculate and well stocked with high end products. The air conditioning was effective and quite which ensured that we slept like logs every night. The ridiculously comfortable beds and amazing Egyptian cotton bedding helped there too. Sinai Blues rose to the occassion yet again and we had 6 brilliant dives. Mohamed, my instructor, must be the most patient man in Egypt so my special thanks go to him for his patience, attention to detail and informative briefings.
Finally, you may wish to double check the temperature and occupancy before booking. On average it was about 38 degrees during our stay but some days it was very humid, making it feel hotter than it was. The temperature was great for us though. Eid had just finished so the hotel became very quiet which really suited us too.
Yet again, thank you all at The Four Seasons Resort for giving us a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: We liked room 183 which was not overlooked, was at the end of the resort but still easy walking dist...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank millyomuk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I was very upset to find that my belongings had been stolen from my bag half of my make up was gone , my necklace , bracelet, my ted baker phone cover, my make up brushes. It ruined my whole trip I don't know are we now meant to put even out make up in the safe so that it don't get stolen from the cleaners? I think it's ridiculous and I was very disappointed that I can't trust to go to the hotel anymore especially after paying a large amount of money u would have thought that you would get the best service. I was obviously wrong , beware of stealing at this hotel from the cleaners.

• Stayed August 2014
18 Thank Tara A
FSSharm, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to our Resort.

As per my previous personal correspondence to you, I wanted to express how I deeply regret that we cannot go back and change your experience to what you were anticipating and rightfully deserve. I am certain that our Assistant Director of Rooms explained it already but it is most important to all of us that you remain an enthusiastic guest of Four Seasons and we truly hope that you will eventually allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during a visit in the future. I am certain we will be able to offer you a wonderful stay.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time via any of my below contact details,

Maria Jagla
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
One Four Seasons Boulevard, P.O. Box 203, Sharm El Sheikh, South Sinai Peninsula, Egypt
voice: voice: (20 69) 362-1100
fax: 20 (69) 362-1105
email:Maria.jagla@fourseasons.com
web: http://www.fourseasons.com
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would like to write my first review of my stay at the four seasons after completing my second day. I believe first impressions are always very important especially when it comes to a super highly rated hotel.

My family of four (husband and two children ages 11 & 6) arrived yesterday in Sharm El Sheikh and we were picked up in a very nice Audi A6 car. The car had Wifi which was really nice. We were handed face towels and water (unfortunately not cold). Cold towels and water would have been much appreciated in this heat..

Check-in was very smooth and fast but be prepared to block a large amount from your credit card; much more than you've ever paid in any other five-star hotel.. Also, unlike what was mentioned in previous reviews we did not see any welcome drinks and kids did not receive any welcome gifts.

We were escorted to our room 314 which was wonderfully located next to the pool and the beach. The room is extremely well set up for a family of four. It also has an amazing view of the Red Sea and Tiran Island. I truly appreciated the space and the walk-in closets.. The kids also loved the two desert plates with their names when they came into the room as well as the mini slippers and robes.. The bed was a wonderful signature four seasons bed; always have been the most comfortable beds ever! The little balcony was a really peaceful treat.

Once we settled we decided to visit the kids' club as it was the main reason we picked this hotel. We were welcomed by Stephanie who was kind enough to show us around. It was not too impressive as a facility but the most important is to keep the kids entertained. The following day we brought our kids to the kids club. They were having the swimming activity so we met them at the pool. I was not very impressed with the person in charge (Mariam). I did not feel she was too welcoming and she did not even bother to greet my kids. I picked up the kids after a couple of hours and they seemed to have had a good time so no harm done :)

After visiting the kids club we went to have a late lunch at the AlWaha restaurant by the pool. We ordered four pastas including 2 for children. My husband and I ordered two spaghetti arabiata with shrimps and to be honest I have never had a pasta that oily.. The starter which was a seafood salad was ok but could use a little more dressing..

On our second day we experienced the wonderful breakfast buffet and the staff went all the way to make us happy! Food was great with a regular selection. The live stations (pancakes and eggs) were truly professional and prepared for us and the kids very special yummy plates :)

I also booked at the spa on my second day and tried the "1st cleansing treatment". I must say the facility is beautiful and the treatment rooms are probably the best I have seen. The treatment and the therapist however were not the best I've had. I would still recommend it though :)

On the second day, my family and I decided to go out for dinner. When we called for a golf cart we had to contact the concierge twice only to be told that they have to check the availability as they were busy. We are pretty patient so it was not an issue but for those who have reservations somewhere it could be a problem. The hotel is very very scattered and we are still getting lost getting from one place to the other.. It is very very difficult to move within the hotel without a golf cart especially in this heat. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes to get a cart.

Main things to point out:
- I must say that the service is what you truly expect from a four seasons hotel. They try to accommodate all your needs with a wonderful attitude. When we first arrived my daughter has misplaced her mobile phone and within 10 minutes they were able to find it and bring it back to her :)

- When we returned from the pool/beach on our second day our room was cleaned but the balcony had the remains of our drinks from the previous night. Housekeeping has not cleaned the balcony. This might be too much paying attention to details but this is what the four seasons stand for.. Isn't it?

- I understand that the stay at the four seasons can be pricey and this is not my first stay at a four seasons hotel or other five star hotels but seriously the prices are ridiculously expensive.. I don't object to paying three times more than what I would pay in the second best five star hotel in Sharm El Sheikh, but the money you pay at the four seasons for anything is way exaggerated.

- As an Egyptian, I am glad the tourism is picking up again in Egypt but it is not acceptable to compromise four seasons standards to accommodate certain guests.. For example, if music on speakers is not allowed on the beach and the pool then please do not let the guests do so.. If towels are not allowed to be left of beach and pool lounges for more then two hours then please maintain this rule. The same goes for swimming dress code.

I am still very excited about my stay at the four seasons and hope to spend an amazing time with my family for the rest of the week.. Sharm El Sheikh is a true paradise and one of the most serene and peaceful place you can visit.

I will be writing another comprehensive review at the end if my stay :) stay tuned!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family