“Top Service ! We had a unforgettable stay !”

Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #4 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Belgium
“Top Service ! We had a unforgettable stay !”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We are a family travelling with 2 kids (6 and 8) all over the world. We always want to find the high level places but with kids which is not always that simple. For one week of vacation in our country we did not want to take a long-distance flight but a destination which was not that far and still perfect weather. We found it and it seems to have been the right choice. We have stayed in several Four Seasons before and the level of service was again top. The hotel is quite big (compared to for instance The Datai in Langkawi - which is for us the Best) and still the service we received was one-to-one the best. Also with the kids, they really did everything to make our stay wonderful and every wish we had they tried to fullfill. The food was excellent. The buffet was very extensive and as I was on a detox-diet it was really not very hard to find the food I really needed. We will definitely go back ! The only thing we find a minus is the beach. But this is not something the resort can fix. There is not really a sandy beach ... but on the otherhand the snorkeling was amazing. Different from the Maldives ... where you can dive in from the sandy beach to the coral-reefs. The rooms were big ! We had a Gazhera suite. Two bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, little kitchen, living room etc ... very spacious and clean rooms. We'll be back for sure !

3 Thank MorningFog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We are just back from a week at the Four Seasons with our 3 young children. We had a wonderful holiday and I would go back again in a hearbeat which is surely the best recommendation you can give. Much has been already been written about this hotel - so in this review I will try to comment on the hotel from the perspective of a family holiday and our experiences of that.

Like others, we chose this destination because it offered winter sun on a 5 hour direct flight. We had high expectations and I have to say they were fulifilled. We had booked the meet and greet service from the hotel and it was well worth it. The airport was busy and seemed a bit chaotic and we were glad to have someone guide us through - especially after the flight with the children. My wife and children were brought straight to the car - and I waited with our guide to collect the bags. The hotel is no more than 10 minutes from the airport and we were there within 30 minutes of landing.

We had booked the Gezirah garden view suites which offer 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a sitting area/kitchen. The space worked perfectly with children. There was also a washer and dryer which was a great facility to have on hand. The tv channels had a nice selection of childrens programs/films and there is a dvd player in the room. You can rent a range of movies from the concierge. If I would have any criticism of the hotel, it relates to the rooms. The decor looks a little dated at this stage and could do with a revamp. That said, it is all in perfect condition and well maintained - it just looks slightly out of step with the design of the rest of the hotel. The bathrooms seem to have been re-done more recently and are very nice. The beds and linens were lovely and we all slept very well. If I was choosing again I would still go for this type of accomodation - but I would probably go for ocean view as these rooms seemed to be a little brighter and were closer to the main hotel area.

In terms of getting around, you can ask for a golf buggy at any stage to take you anywhere around the resort and we did this a lot. It was never a problem to get one - maybe a 10 minute wait at most.

Our childen went to the kids club a couple of times - the staff there are very pleasant - but the facilities themselves are not that impressive. We had only intended that the children would go in for a little while and so it was fine with us - but if you had an idea that your kids would like to spend lots of time in here - I would suspect you may be a little dissapointed. When we were there there were relatively few other kids there - if there were more children I suspect the children would have enjoyed it more.

We thought the food in the hotel was very good. The breakfasts in Arabesque were superb and we also had some nice evening meals there. The Indian food at the Waha Restaurant by the pool was also excellent. We had lunch most days at the Reef Grill and we really enjoyed the food and the spectactular setting overlooking the sea. We generally went with the more local options e.g. chicken shawarma in pita bread as opposed to a beef burger and in our view, the "local" options were tastier than the usual "western" options.

The only let down was a dinner at Il Frantoio the Italian restaruant which they describe as fine dining. We had a nice evening and the ambience/setting was lovely - we were glad we went - but the food was not that good.

As many of the other posters have said, the staff throughout the hotel are superb. They cannot do enough for you and seem genuinely concerned that you have an excellent holiday - the service is up there with the best we have ever received and this would be one of our lasting memories of the hotel.

The beach area is also lovely, and the snorkelling on the house reef is very good - a great range of coral and fish to be seen.

We only ventured out of the hotel once - to Soho Square. We thought it was pretty awful and not worth the time.

We used the meet and greet service on the way out also - it was well worth it - we were guided through the airport and check in/immigration and it made the whole process much easier.

As I said at the beginning, we would not hestiate to go back - we had a wonderful holiday. If anyone has any specfic questions - feel free to ask.

4 Thank dd101
Capri
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We were staying at the very bad Savoy hotel and have been at the Four Seasons to visit it for a future possible stay.
As soon as they understood we were not guests they told us in a very rude manner " if you want to see the swimming pool is that way and we have no rooms to show you!". I wanted to see the property for a future possible stay or for a dinner... Is this the way to be greeted at a Four Season property ????

This is the same exact attitude we found in the nightmare Savoy hotel and all over Sharm El Sheik. This is unfortunately the sign that we would find also at the Four Season the same "hospitality" sense you can find everywhere else in Sharm. ... No tipping, no help/no smile !
A real pity. Never in my life I will return to Sharm if not even at the Four Seasons you can find good service or at least smiling people ....

Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
28 Thank capriboy
Yorkshire
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Having returned from the Four Seasons I felt that I needed to put pen to paper to suggest that if you are going to Sharm THIS is the hotel to stay in. We have been to Sharm before and while the Movenpick Golf was fine we visited the Four Seasons during our previous stay on the recommendation of a friend and decided if we came back we would only stay at the Four Seasons .The state of the euro pushed us back to Sharm and we have no regrets whatsoever , a wonderful,wonderful hotel and probably the best customer service ever ,only equalled by the service on the Seabourn ships .
I have to give an example ........my summer blazer needed ironing after the flight and Mohamed collected it and asked when I wanted it back......... in an hour,two hours.........I explained I didn't need it till dinner time.
30 minutes later the room phone rang.......... it was Mohamed explaining that they had noted that two of the sleeve buttons were chipped ........ I said I was aware of them being chipped .........he said they would try to find some matching sleeve buttons......... ten minutes later he phoned to say they had looked through their spare buttons and couldn't find anything matching........ I said just to leave it ............Mohamed said he would see what he could do!!!!!!!!
20 minutes later he returned with the jacket and every button had been relaced with new buttons nearly the same as the originals ............. no extra charge............. I tipped him 6 "curley wurleys" and he was delighted.
This level of service was repeated throughout the holiday , at the Ciatadel bar with Ibrahim and Weal ( Great barmen and two "curley wurleys" each nighten) at the restaurants for breakfast and the Wah Wah restaurant where I had two amazing curries......... we come from near Bradford so know a good curry.I commented on how good the curries were and the chef came out to thank us and spoke to us for a while (perfect Englis) ...........he was from Bombay so we could understand why the curries were so good, it wasn't just the ambience of sitting by the pool in the open air having dinner.The choice of restaurants was excellent with breakfast at the Arabesque fabulous and lunch at the Reef Grill excellent . The staff were so friendly and were happy to chat when they had time .................. we learnt a few words "please,thank you ,hello ,you are very kind " and that really seemed to be appreciated by all including the gardeners.We have always believed that what you give out is what you get back.
The gardens are amazing with an army of gardeners keeping them immaculate .......... I was looking at one of the tree specimens and one of the the gardners ( a liitle English spoken) told me to go to the houses overlooking the upper diving lawn as there was a large wild hawk sitting in the trees ................... we went and saw the hawk....................... fabulous ,I even managed to get some photos.We spent many hours just wandering around the gardens ,the bouganvillea is fabulous and while we were there a riot of colour.
We stuck to the Omar Kyhan "Rose" for our stay as it was a palatable bottle of wine and not to pricey .The food prices were reasonable and very reasonable compared to Europe at the moment ................ having paid £10 for a cup of coffee in Venice just before Xmas the prices at the Four Seasons were reasonable.
We walked around the complex as I wanted to photograph the beautiful plants and would suggest that the rooms 101-603 are in the nicest location. The Gezerah area around the Gezerah pool (701-767) seemed to be in shadow and not as light and airy as 101-603 ,the best villas are 1-11 .The pool are is superb although there were a number of children using the adult pool ................. but we just moved to the sunbeds behind the diving centre where it was very quiet. We returned to the main town but it was really touristy but we ate again at the Pomodore ............. not bad Italian food .
Lastly the housekeeping was exemplary .............. and as usual we left a "curley wurley"
and some Rhubarb and custard sweets for room servcice every morning ......... our housekeeper couldn't do enough for us.
In conclusion I couldn't find fault with anything ( I wasn't looking to find faults) .One of the best hotels we have stayed in EVER .................... as good an example of customer service as you will get anywhere ..................... we are returning in October and plan to have our late winter break there next year it was SO GOOD.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ericYorkshire
England
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We had a great holiday at the Four Seasons. The service was excellent and in my opinion is the best I have ever experienced. The staff cannot do enough for you and are great with children. Upon arrival, we were told that we had been upgraded to a delux room from a basic at no extra charge (presumably because it was half term and they were busy). The pool area is simply stunning. We didn't use the beach at all but it looked very nice (not outstanding I must add!). The only criticsm I had was at evening times. It is very dark with not much lighting. On one occassion I could hardly read the menu because it was so dark. The buffet night at the Arabesque is extortionate and we didn't try it as it seemed to be working out at about £50 per person without any drinks. The Indian restaurant is superb and probably the best Indian food I have ever eaten. The entertainment was very low key with harpists/belly dancers and not really geared for children. There is a small games room though. About 5 minutes walk from the hotel is Soho Square which is worth going for an evening. There is an ice skating rink, ice bar, bowling, cinema and bars and shops. Again, it was very dark and feels a bit like a mini Vegas. To sum up, this was a wondeful, relaxing holiday but be prepared to spend more than your average holiday!! It is not cheap.

1 Thank PhOebe2010
California
Reviewed 23 February 2010

They went out of their way to make sure everything was PERFECT!@ Great SPA!

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
South Bucks
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Just arrived Day 1 Sunday 21st Feb. Everything is just perfect. Great staff, great food and wonderful facilities. Here for my wife's 60th birthday and she is loving it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple