“Brill”

Ranked #14 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
“Brill”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed at the Iberotel Fanara in May 2011, i went on my own as i always do and the hotel and staff were excellent. so good in fact that i am returning in september this year. i stay at many different hotel as go to egypt regularly and this is certainly one if not the nicest so far. Especially 'Ash' the pool attendant who was very helpful and attentive. i didnt get pestered even though on my own and felt very safe. the room was very clean and well maintained every day and the food was good, much the same as other all inclusive hotels. would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank MandyD855
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, 19 February 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel in the first week of July 2011.

Location: On the beach, with breathtaking coral reef, but if you do not do snorkling or diving, you can watch the fish and coral just by walking a little into the sea. This is the best feature of the hotel, along with the restaurant/pool bar terrace, facing the sea.
The hotel itself is rather far from shops etc., but there are shuttles and taxis if you want to go out.

Rooms and public spaces:
Room was cozy, however, it lacked a full-size mirror, which made it difficult to check your overall appearance before leaving the room. TV set old and not functioning well.
Air con working well.
Short, repeated power-cuts almost every night.
Garden is beautiful and well-kept, architecture of the hotel is pleasant. Pool area (there are several pools) is very nice, plenty of space, beautifully planned.
Fantasia Bar and reception area very pleasant.

Food: Good quality, and nicely presented, although somewhat repetitive. Egyptian dishes very tasty .

Cleanliness: Clean rooms and public areas.

Entertainment: Basic, but entertainers are friendly and polite, and not pushy. Entertainment somewhat Italian-oriented.

Staff: A mixed bag.
Bartender working the morning shift in the Fantasia Bar very professional, a real gentleman.
Room cleaner also friendly and polite.
Staff from the spa downright pushy and rude - I and other guests were told that by inspecting our feet they could tell we needed to do a pedicure, to make our feet nice, and that our faces and eyebrows needed fixing as well, to make them nice (they went to great lengths explaining what was wrong with our feet and faces - all this while we did not ask for their services, but they came to offer them).
Daily harrassment came from certain staff and other people who did not disclose their identity. I had to ask the hotel management to change my room. Thanks to the Duty Manager, this was solved promptly. I also got apologies for the inappropriate behaviour.

Internet: They charge a ridiculous fee of 8 euros for one hour of connection, which you may use over 48 hours. However, internet is so slow that you can do almost nothing in one hour.

I would have rated the hotel very good, for all its qualities, were it not for the rudeness and inappropriate behaviour some of the staff dished out to me and some other guests I knew, and for the bad and expensive internet connection.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Eleph
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, 20 February 2017
Dear Guests,

thank you for choosing jaz fanara resort to [spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback.
Our whole team is extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest. We are very sorry that we didn't accomplish this for you. We welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. Please contact me by e-mail fo@jazfanara.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.
Thank you, once more, for your visit to our hotel. We would also like to apologize again for not fulfilling your expectations.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Front office manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel on an all inclusive basis for 13 nights, returning 27 June 2011.
from checking in to checking out, the hotel is approximately 15 minutes walk to the nearest shopping centre, there is small shop nearby. The service was excellent. Our room was clean, the bed clothes and towels were changed daily. The food was good, great choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, grilled chicken, fish, steak, good selection of vegetables and deserts. The waiters are helpful, polite and friendly. The Arabian night is a must, belly dancer and other acts, lots to eat and drink. We had a great time highly recommend

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sewdiva27

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. Many thanks to all the staff in every department for making the week so enjoyable. Found all the staff very professional
respectful and all with great smiles and great service.
I must praise the Chiefs and waiters for the food and service they provided.
Food was varied each night , so a wide choice was given to people. With plenty of everything.All dishes done to perfection. A special compliment to the desert chief
for his fab cakes and pies.
The rooms where cleaned daily to a very high standard.
The Staff at the pool and on the beach worked hard making sure people where comfortable in these areas. Clean fresh towels where provided each day. Pool spotless.
Beach spotless. Staff very alert to everything in their areas
The Spa provided excellent services ( addional charge). The photographers are very professional and its worth even getting one professional photo taken while on hols.
The view of the Red Sea is amazing from this hotel. On the beach you can walk straight
into the sea , where you can swim, snorkle, dive or just sit by the water edge. Very safe beach with lifegards keeping a watchfull eye in case people stand on the Coral.
Over all I cannot fault this hotel in any way. Well done to the management there you are doing a great job , keep it up, the way you are managing is working.
Being there for the moon eclipse was an amazing experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shajaratul A

Vilnius
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I was with family, children 4 and 12. Lived in familiy appartments, in a very quite place near the pool and Italian restorant ( in which children preffered to have a dinner ). Food was really good, they change cusine every day.
My son has accident and needed forehead to stick, so hotel doctor was very attentive and patient.

but what I really liked and why I will go this year in to this hotel again- it is because of reef. No need to dive, I sow mostly all interesting animals by snorkling: Octopus, crokodilefish, stone fish, lionfishes, napaleon, murena eel and so on.. Except shark.. unfortunately.

Waiting for my next 2 weeks holidays in Fanara :)

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Violet23Vilnius

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Everything in the whole hotel was amazing, the treatment the cleanliness and the staff are so friendly..
the all inclusive is even more than its worth
food is spectacular, drinks and alcoholic cocktails are so tasty

bottom line...if u went there ur gonna be amazed of how good it is

only downside is the distance to the beach

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

south tyneside
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Having stayed here previously, I had a good idea of what to expect, although my partner had not stayed here. We have just returned from an excellent trip there. Weather has been perfect, heated pool wonderful, beach etc etc......... food was a little dissapointing, but just the choices. This, I beieve, was due to the lack of guests. Appx 80 people in total. You can't expect the choice when there are not the guests. What was provided was good quality. There was always something to have. The staff are brilliant. Not had any problems with any. Always happy to chat etc. We are now looking to go back in November! roll on..........

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple