“Thanks to all the staff”

Jaz Fanara Residence
Ranked #13 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Thanks to all the staff”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Thanks to all of you guys...you made my honeymoon more than perfect.
All the staff was friendly , reliable , professional and funny
Special thanks to the GM ann Shady all the house keeping and f&b sector
Shady and samar negm
Abu Dhabi/ Rome,

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NA N
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Residence, responded to this review, 19 February 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
lancashire
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Its took me 4 weeks to get around to writing this review but finally got time to do so........myself and my partner stayed here for 11 nights on april 10th and really couldn't fault the hotel, we definitely did the right thing staying in the fanara club as the residence could be quite a walk to the beach and restaurants. Brilliant beach with fantastic snorkling right on the reef, food was really good and I should know as it was my 13th time in sharm. The staff couldn't do enough for you and always willing to go that extra mile for us, I suffer with a bad back and found the beach beds to hard so the reception staff arranged for me to have a matress for my sunbed every day not only that but the pool guys made sure it was where we liked to sit and ready for me every morning. Would I recommend this hotel well we will certainly be going back. BRILLIANT.

Room Tip: dwfinately try and stay in fanara club rather than residence
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just returned from a first class holiday at Fanara yet again. The hotel was as always excellent, the rooms clean and tidy cleaned every day by Magdi who did an excellent job. The food was repetitive but good. But thing that makes the Fanara a cut above the rest is the excellent rapour of the staff with the guests. There is never a problem with them doing anything to make your holiday removable. The animation team is excellent and has a hard job prising guests off their sun loungers, but they manage it, Mido, Sara, Chicco, Edward and new boy were excellent, the only sad bit was Mido was only there for a few days of our stay so I didn't have the chance to beat him at table football again. !!!!His presence lights up the animation team.
Mr Ibrahim and the other managerial staff had a constant presence and with them. Oohing was too much either.
The pool are was nice and clean and even though it was just the beginning of the holiday season for most the area was never dirty and there was always plenty of us. Loungers.
The majority of guests were Russian!!! There was eleven English there but we were never felt to be I. The minority. I think it is a predominantly Russian visiting hotel but there was no problem with this.
The beach is clean and the only negative point is the limb back up from the beach but the beach bar half way up provides energy to finish the climb.
Our barmen Ahmed, Hisham, Ibrahim, Mamoud and several more Ahmed's and bar manager Mohammed were all really great even naming a drink after me Mandy Colada, which is a Piña Colada with a twist, ask for one at the bar by the pool !!
All in all another great holiday was had by me and my friend we look forward to,going again next time.
Ignore the hype about trouble in Egypt in Sharm we saw nothing but kindness and friendliness.

Room Tip: Good idea to ask for up grade or pay for one to the rooms round the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MandyD855

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my son for two weeks over the Easter holidays. This hotel is very friendly and the staff are it's best asset. All the staff take the best care if you to make sure you have a great holiday.
This hotel also has a fabulous diving center and the Saff there are very professional and welcoming to all. My son did 17 dives with them and can't wait to return later in the year.
Just a note if you are thinking of traveling to Egypt. There are no problems in sharm and it is sad that so many tourist are staying away. This was my second visit to this hotel and I will be returning.
Thank you again to the wonderful staff at both the hotel and the diving center.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jude W

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for 10 days from the 8 till the 17th April, we had a fantastic holiday and we can't wait to go back. A special thanks to our devoted waiter Ahmed who made us feel very welcome and adorned our table with different decorations every day. Thank you to Sarah, Mido, Vova and Yulia for the entertainment and the sport activities. My dad Giuseppe (Mr Fanara) had a dream holiday and still has a smile printed on his face. The staff of the Diving Centre was also impeccable, a special thanks to Simone and Electra for the fantastic diving experience and to Stella and Natalia for the support. The beach is incredible, the snorkelling is unbelievable, and Fareed made it even more special with his care and attention, he was there with a nice cold drink as soon as we came out of the sea. The food was nice everyday and if it satisfied the world greatest food critic (my dad) it must be good! Thank you to Rami and all the staff of the Spa and Health Centre for welcoming us everyday for our sauna and steam room fix.
As soon as we can book flights for next year we will book this hotel again as I am a great believer that when you find a gem you don't let it go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Martino M

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just returned from a fabulous 10 day holiday to this hotel. The food was excellent and the hotel staff couldn't do enough for you. They always greeted you with a smile and a friendly chat. Would like to thank the restaurant staff Mohammed, Ahmed and Hanni for their brilliant service.

The entertainment team worked very hard and always kept you entertained. They started at 10 in the morning and didn't stop until after 11 at night. We would like to give a special thankyou to Toshka (Sarah) the entertainment manager. She went over and above her duty to make everyone's holiday extra special.

Pool bar staff always kept your drinks topped up and always joined in with a bit of banter with us.
Even the staff in the lobby bar couldn't do enough for you and would bring drinks to your table.

The hotel garden and pool areas was spotlessly clean and when looking down from the lobby verandah it felt like you was in the Caribbean.

The beach was small but well maintained. Snorkelling and diving is a must. There is a brilliant dive centre within the hotel also.

The rooms was cleaned daily and spotless. We even had flower petals on our bed and different animals made from towels on a daily basis.

Don't want to say this but this hotel needs more British people but would rather keep it for myself. It's a jewel in Egypt.

Already booked for next year.

Room Tip: Middle or top floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank torey11

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We transferred to the Ibrotel Fanara after a poor start in a different hotel. The reception staff could not have done more to accommodate all our needs from arrival to departure. All staff were professional and went out of their way to provide outstanding service, especially the chef Mohammed. Amazing towel art in the comfortable and clean rooms. Can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends