“Wonderful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence
Ranked #15 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just returned from two weeks at the Club Fanara and every member of staff were cheerful, polite and helpful and could not do enough for you to make your holiday special with the exception of one and he knows who he is.
Unfortunately numbers are down, and very few English guest mostly Russian. The snorkelling is excellent, but need to seriously address access over the coral and stop lots of stupid guests walking all over it . This is one of the main attractions in Sharm and if lost through stupidity tourism would be affected forever
Would also like to mention Didi, Rebecca, Africano, Boubou, Vova and Willy the excellent animation team who worked very hard every day from early until very late to entertain all the guest.
Didi calm down, calm down when you read this review. Once again thanks for your company and entertainment during our holiday.

Lin&Terry xx

Ps Please be aware at the airport, do not hand over cash or goods to security officials who demand you to do so . We witness this scam and did report to the head of security who did take action on the member of staff involved. Also you do not need to buy a visa unless you are going on out of the area trips which is most unlikely.

Room Tip: Upgrade to pool view rooms they have been refurbished, garden rooms very small and in urgent need of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lin H
Amro G, Manager at Jaz Fanara Resort & Residence, responded to this review, 19 February 2017
Dear Guests,
thank you for choosing JAZ Fanara Resort to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.
As a result of our efforts. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvements

Amro Gamal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

A beautiful 'walk in sea' beach resort with impeccably clean complex with amazing views. The staff made every effort to accommodate me, always very cheerful & polite - from the Gardeners to the Management!
My room was always clean and comfortable, everyday getting a 'towel animal decoration' displayed on my bed which made me laugh. The food in the Restaurant and Outside Dining was excellent, with a vast choice of each course.
The Hotel Entertainment was varied which made a nice change - the Animation Team being very enthusiastic and especially good with the children. You could basically do what you wanted and of course use their shuttle bus services to go to Naama Bay and such like.
This was my 6th time in Sharm and I would never normally stay in the same Hotel butt I certainly will go back to Club Fanara as it was what I made it, quiet & peaceful.
I would certainly recommend to single travellers like myself - in fact there is something for everyone here!

Room Tip: I had a quieter room on the south side, but I suggest that on arrival you discuss this with Receptio...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Katrina S

القاهرة , مصر
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

everything , the staff is wonderful , superior pool rooms are so elegant and cozy , beach , shisha seats right in front of the see view was amaaazing every night , animation team are doing their best ...
This is my second stay there and there will be more and more ... This is my favorite Sharm hotel although I stayed at the biggest and most famous Sharm hotels such as Savoy , Hyatt Regency , Baron ... etc but still this hotel is my favorite ...
The only flaw was the food , snacks were OK but the main meals were very poor with so few selections ... Otherwise everything was perfect ... Thank you iberotel club Fanara team and staff

Room Tip: Superior (pool front) rooms are just perfect , I stayed at room # 2111 twice and it was just perfect...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited Fanara 25/05-08/06
Great hotel and excellent staff. Hotel wasn't to busy during our stay. An unfortunately they wasn't many English. The few that was there we did get on with and have a laugh though. The hotel staff CAN NOT do enough for you, Mohab on reception solved our problem with the taxi firm and gave us cheap room upgrade as compensation. Not to forget the free WI-FI too as it often ran out. Robbie in the resturant couldn't do enough for us either, saving our table, bringing us our drinks and removing our dirty dishes as soon as we had finished. Unfortunately he had gone on vacation during our second week. As for the food they is something each night for everyone but it does get a bit repetitive. 2 nights a week you do have your evening meal outside, by the pool and looking over on the beech. Which is a nice change. Bar staff are great. First week we did have the basic room which was not bad at all. But after our dilemma with the taxi firm we did upgrade for a small fee. An the room was perfect. Sea/pool veiw, large sized balcony, was classed as a double room but had two double beds pushed together which was great due to the hot weather, mini bar is pricey, free tea and coffee facilities with free bottled water replenished daily, bathroom is a great size with a massive walk in shower and also fresh towels daily. The maids do a great job cleaning too. The pools are clean daily, they is about 5 different pools, snack bar is the best through out the day serving pizzas, chips, kebabs, chicken wings ect. They is also another bar half way down to the beech serving drinks. We use to call it the pit stop. Whilst on the beech you can get water and soft juice. The coral is great for snorkling. We hired them from the dive centre and was certainly well worth it. The animation staff are kind and friendly and do everything they can to get you to participate. The only problem was the evening shows they was poor. They did say they was working on solving this. As the majority of the animation team was new to the hotel. Africano, Rebecca and Di di stood out the most always going that extra mile. The hotel also has a spa, do not pay more than 600 egyption as we payed a 1000 for two people then said if we want another one you can pay 600 that is for two people. But what was annoying why didn't they charge us 600 the first time? Annoying! Never use the hotel taxi firm. Use the guys outside. Don't pay more than 5 to the water park, 30 to naama bay, 50 to soho square and 40 to the old market. They do try and get more but tell them these prices and when they say no walk away as they will shout ok and take you. You won't get better than these prices either! All in all every staff member was great, the hotel was great, the food was great and the room was great. The only down fall was the taxi service the hotel offered and the shows in the evening an not to forget the rude Russians. Other than that it was one off my most favourite holidays. We will be returning this November for my birthday and I can honestly say, I can not wait!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ben-Russel

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a lovely time at this hotel, it was my 60th birthday and they made every effort to make me feel very special. My evening meal table was beautifully laid out with flowers, candles napkins in the shape of swans etc, and the waiters came over and sang happy birthday in both Egyptian and english - thank you guys! This is our third visit to this hotel and the reef is fantastic for snorkelling or diving. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed last year and couldn't fault it.

The hotel was a bit of a surprise as we originally wanted to staff someplace else when booking but it ticked all boxes. Although still a male world as we booked in my name a female and when we got there is was in my partners, I'm no feminist but come on. Lol.

We had a recently redone room and a few others around us were being finished off and the maintenance staff, we always working hard. I locked the safe before setting the code..ditzy maybe but the staff came and helped without making me feel like an idiot.

The food was plentiful and even my fussy partner couldn't fault it. Cocktails were yummy too. The Italian was underused when we were there but nice from the loudness of the main restaurant. Please remember long trousers in this restaurant, even for teenage boys, as some were told to go change.

We're we hassled by the spa people bit after a while they move on. The other staff were amazing. It wasy birthday while over there and they organised a lovely cake and sing song. In both languages which was a nice touch. The only food we didn't like was some of the sea food, but that was only a small thing. You hear about people getting ill in Egypt but we never did.

The pools were great. There was one day when a group of German teens were causing the water to flood out over the sides. Needless to say no one was impressed. English, Italians, Russian and mostly the towel staff. They dealt with the flooding but seemed more ticked off by the fact some of our stuff got soaked. The staff are incredible.

We went snorkelling and it was lovely. I'm a big baby with fish but you can do it straight off the beach so you don't feel so out of your depth. Off the jetty was amazing apparently.

Over all definitely recommend thus hotel if its the same as last year.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chrystal F

Thatcham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We visited Iberotel Club Fanara with my partner and daughter for a few days in transit to another hotel recently and wished we had stayed longer. The twin room was clean and spacious with a sea/ pool view (very nice) and roomy bathroom, containing a walk in shower and lots of surface space for toiletries. There was plenty of space to add a child bed in the room, without it seeming cramped.
The hotel wasn’t overly busy at the time of our visit, which made selecting a spot for a sun bed easy in the morning. The pool areas are very clean (but if you have a child, note there are no slides etc). The views are lovely, with the hotel situation on a cliff with a shortish downhill walk to the beach below. From the beach, you can just walk out into the sea (no pontoon to traverse) which is shallow enough to snorkel here or swim out further beyond a reef to view the great sea life below. The fish do come in close, so if you are a nervous swimmer or a beginner at snorkelling this is ideal. There is a dive school too for those who want trips or lessons. Plenty of sun beds on the beach too, and a bar serving drinks and snacks half-way between the hotel and beach.
There is an excellent pool bar and self-service coffee machines, where you can get late breakfast and lunch if you prefer to eat by the pool, and sometimes evening meals are served here too. The whole area was kept immaculately clean, and there are plenty of tables and a great view of the sea to be had whilst dining. The food at Club Fanara is good, with good cuts of meat and a variety of salads and vegetables. The staff are really good here, with Robbie, Ahmed, Tamer and Zeyad providing an excellent, friendly and professional service with humour, also finding a little time to entertain our daughter every mealtime . The egg chef greeted us with a joke every morning too.
I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness of Club Fanara on every level, not forgetting our cleaner Mohamed (room 4209) who did a first rate job and the personal touches, such as the really excellent cocktails from Wagih, and the bowls of crisps and nuts the bar staff will bring out on a balmy evening (if you’ve room for them after dinner).
Lastly, must mention the animation team, who made this a very personal stay, entertaining us with stretching and aqua-aerobics, darts, water polo and the all-important mini disco for the children, and taking lots of time out to chat and make friends with our daughter. Thanks to Didi (a lovely, kind man), Rebecca, and team leader Willy.
We look forward to returning again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family