“Good holiday”
Review of Iberotel Palace

Iberotel Palace
Ranked #11 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is very comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The food is ok but I've had better at other couples hotels. Quite a few of the residents went down with stomach trouble during their stay including me. The hotel are a little lapse with regards to the Thomson couples rules. Gentlemen wore vests and shorts for dinner on some nights which I disapproved of and complained to the management and the Thomson rep. Waste of time though as it still continued. The beach is lovely and clean and the snorkelling is fantastic. I would visit the area again and probably chose the same hotel because of the staff, location and snorkelling. Hope this helps.

4  Thank Paul R

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I've just got back from a wonderful week away at the Iberotel Palace and I can certainly say it was the best holiday I have ever been on.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the grounds that surround the hotel are also stunning, the hotel is absolutely spotless and you can tell a lot of care and attention is taken in making this place look lovely.

Our room was very nice and spacious and had everything we needed for our stay, everyday it was cleaned immaculately by our cleaner, not a spec of dirt or dust was left behind and also the towel art he left for us became a nice touch on returning to our room. Our room overlooked a lovely courtyard style garden which was kept in great order, every morning there was gardeners out there preening and pruning to make the plants and flowers look lovely.

We spent most of our time on the beach where there was sometimes a welcome breeze to cool you down in the 40+ heat we had. The beach was immaculate with not a bit of rubbish anywhere to be seen. There was plenty of sun-beds to be had and even later on in the day there was still plenty of free beds with no need to reserve a bed early in the morning. The security on the beach are great as well, there is two security guards one on each end of the hotels beach, as soon as they see anyone from another hotel walk through onto our beach they are quick to make sure they are escorted off the beach and are not allowed to enter the water sectioned off for the hotel as
well. The beach bar is lovely too and provides all drinks you could wish for, it also serves food at lunch time such as burgers, pizzas, salads and my favourite the fried chicken sandwich!! All food is cooked fresh to order and the pizzas cooked in a proper brick pizza oven too!!

The pool area is lovely too with two pools, one on a higher level with a waterfall leading down to another pool below the first one. There is a poolside bar which you can get any drink you wish for whilst taking a dip in the pool. It was very clean and the pool was cleaned every night.

The bar near the lobby is the main bar and is a great way to spend your evening, you can either sit inside or on the terrace around the pool and watch the night time entertainment the hotel provides which is very good. The barman are top class and so attentive and by the second night have your drinks order pretty much remembered and will bring it over to you at your table. (Alaa Capo by far the best barman!!)

The main restaurant we ate in most of the time was lovely and the food was beautiful. Breakfast was lovely with all you could ask for, fresh omelettes, poached eggs, fried eggs, scrambled egg could all be ordered fresh from one of the chefs at the front, all other dishes include beef bacon, sausages, croissants, bread, pastries, doughnuts, fresh fruit and all other types of breakfast dishes. The doughnuts are absolutely awesome!!! Lunches were lovely too with all types of dishes to try, you couldn't fault the food at all. Evening meals always had a theme (Oriental, Indian, Egyptian) the food was absolutely stunning and couldn't fault it one bit and the desserts were presented absolutely beautifully too.

The waiters in this restaurant make this place, they are such a laugh and make your meal times full of laughs, Samy the head waiter makes sure your enjoying yourselves whilst the other other waiters Mohammed, Ahmed, Sherif, Baseem and many more of them make sure your drinks are topped up and table is clean whilst providing you with laughs with little tricks and jokes they play on you. I had my 22nd birthday celebrations here and was welcomed at dinner time with a decorated table and birthday card from the staff, at the end of our meal the whole waiting staff came out banging a drum, clapping, singing and dancing to our table to present me with a birthday cake which was then followed by a rendition of "Happy Birthday". I couldn't thank them enough for this lovely gesture.

The A la Carte restaurant is top notch too and provides you with a more relaxed and calm evening with lovely Italian food.

The entertainment provided at the hotel is second to none, the resident duo of His and Hers provide you with singing nearly every night at either the main bar or on the beach which is a nice touch. Other local singers come into the hotel to provide you with night time entertainment but my favourite entertainment has to be what is on at the hotels outdoor arena, fire dancers where one of the highlights of my stay also one night there was a duo who walked on glass, lay on beds of nails, lay across swords and many more eye watering stunts!!! Yousaf the head of the animation team is an absolutely lovely man who is constantly on the go 24/7 he provides the guests with games of boules, water polo and volleyball throughout your stay and the night time entertainment as well.
He always makes sure all the guests are enjoying them selves and anytime you see him whether it be night or day he will always be his happy and welcoming self!!

A trip to the Spa at the hotel is well worth a visit too, I had an Egyptian massage which was amazing I would definitely recommend a visit here at least once whilst on your stay.

Last of all there is a section of coral which is around 1km from the hotel, the hotel provide a boat service around 8 times a day to the coral, this is definitely worth a visit once you've been there the first time you will definitely go back again and again, this is a great place to see a lot of beautiful coral, fish, stingrays, manta rays and many more wonderful creatures. The hotel also send a security guard (Mohammed) and a member of staff (Ahmed Ali) with you to the coral which really makes you feel safe whilst you are there. Aziz the captain of the boat makes sure your safe and points out to you any fish and coral he sees and provides you with information and knowledge on what to see at the coral!!

I could not fault this hotel at all, there are no bad points what so ever and can't believe how people can find anything bad to put in their reviews. It's a lovely place to stay with amazing staff which make your stay really pleasant. I really didn't want to leave this hotel and this has to be the best holiday I have ever been on!!

I cannot wait to go back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
18  Thank Samuel P
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I've just got home from the most amazing 2 week holiday I've ever had. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff are by far the most amazing workforce I have ever seen anywhere I've been.

We booked a sea view suite which I was expecting to be nice but if exceeded my expectations, it was like a flat! The housekeepers did a fantastic job throughout the holiday and they never left even a speck of dust inside the room or even on the balcony, they were amazing.

We spent our first week on the beach and at the beach bar during the day. The sea is warm which wasn't expected and always clear of litter. The bar staff we met, Osama, Am, Mohamed and Ahmed were very welcoming and always made sure you weren't thirsty for long! The staff also always made a huge effort to speak to us and made us feel at home from day one. Plenty of variety of cocktails and other drinks were available at this bar and there is also small snacks like burgers, pizzas and salads available.

And then we met Yousef....... Now imagine the happiest person you've ever met losing a few of their marbles and that sums him up. Yousef is the person that sorts out the entertainment and he literally doesn't stop from morning until night! There was never a dull moment with Yousef when he arrived and every time he was there (which was always!) he made people laugh. He is the only man on earth that can be in 5 places at once. So if you read this, thank you Yousef, you made my holiday amazing! Enjoy the cap my friend!

The second week we went to use the pool. The service was just as good as on the beach except there was only one person serving, my mate Mahmoud. He was brilliant and works his butt off to keep everyone happy. The pool again was exactly the same as everywhere else, gleaming.

The buffet restaurants are both very good, personally I preferred the Blue Marina but it was the same food in both places, I just preferred being in a smaller restaurant while eating. All staff in both are fantastic, the chefs are brilliant as well and whatever you've heard about people getting bad guts in Egypt can't be true as it's always me that gets ill on holiday and on this holiday I ate everything inside and outside the hotel and was completely fine. The ice is fine too so don't be afraid to have it in your drinks!

You get one free meal at the Italian restaurant in the hotel during your stay as well. Everyone that went was raving about the beef steak in there and saying how great it was. My girlfriend had a lovely one but mine wasn't great, must have just been a bad piece but I did try hers and it was beautiful so give it a go! I'm the only person that had a bad one I think!

There is entertainment every night, we saw magic acts, fire dancers, belly dancers and lots of amazing singers. His and Hers Duo (Lee and Grace) were our favourite. Lee is a brilliant musician and write his own music which is very good and Grace has the voice of an Angel. Book up soon before they get snapped up by a record label, they are brilliant.

Huge thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making our stay so special. I'll definitely visit again! Same time next year if I can.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Dale J
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Hotel is clean and beautiful, the staff are wonderful and the food is excellent. We didn't want to leave!

You couldn't ask for better service, the blankets on the beach night was our favourite
We would highly recommend this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Jaz Hotels & Resorts
7  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My Husband and I spent our Honeymoon at this fantastic Hotel,from the moment we arrived to the time we left we could not fault this Hotel. The staff are second to none,helpful,happy n always there to assist you,nothing is to much trouble. The food had lots of different varieties n every night was a different theme night,even the beach bar food was cooked fresh and served to you hot,drinks topped up without even asking. The Thompson Rep Sami is Polite,friendly and will go to great lengths to make sure your stay is the best it can be,even on his day off he would sort problems if we had any (of course we never) but it was helpful to know. Our room cleaner Mr Khalid Gamal was outstanding,our room was spotless everyday,different towel art and generally a lovely friendly man. No matter what time you managed to get to the beach there was always sunbeds,fresh fluffy towels and the staff even took your towels to the loungers and placed your towels for you...how many hotels have this service!!!. Would like to say a massive Thank You to all the staff and management for making our honeymoon the most perfect 2 weeks we could of ever asked for. This Hotel is HIGHLY recommended and we will certainly be returning in the near future. Mr & Mrs Bish

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We chose this hotel for our honeymoon after looking at a couple of others in the region. The Thomson agent said she'd been before & it was excellent!
Initial thoughts..it was amazing!! The staff, room, view were lovely. We were over the far end of the pool area by the beach. The bed was massive! Air con worked! Room was clean! Big balcony with flowers surrounding it! Lots of choice for food at meal times, went to beach bar a couple of times for lunch. Great 'homemade' burgers as an alternative to the buffet style in the hotel.
We even had 4 massages in the spa which were great!!
Unfortunately, on a personal level, we were a bit disappointed by the lack of reference to this holiday being our honeymoon..! Our reasons are..
We had a note from our rep, John, acknowledging our honeymoon, but no personal well wishes.
We met some lovely people during our week & then began to find out that we weren't getting such special treatment!!
Some couples we met, were on a 'normal' holiday & were having their towels made into fun animals everyday in their rooms!! We had it once! It's the little touches that make it special?!
We were meant to have a fruit basket in room on arrival & bottle of wine. We had a basket but with nuts & chocolate, no fruit, & 1/2 bottle of wine. Maybe this was an alternative? No, they try to charge us on departure! When we pointed out the absence of fruit, we didn't have to pay.

We met couples who were on holiday for their anniversary. They were given special treatment in terms of petals on the dining table in the á lá carte restaurant, followed by a surprise cake with candles & singing from the waiters!
We were given a 'candlelit' dinner for our celebration, but it was without the candlelight, petals, cake/singing!
In the grand scheme of things, we did enjoy our holiday..the hotel is clean, the staff were very friendly & attentive...needs a little tlc, a few tiles need repair in the pool, some woodwork needs dealing with on the handrails but it's a lovely place to stay.
We were greeted on our arrival with freshening up flannels & a drink in the foyer which was much needed!
It wouldn't be such an issue if we hadn't found out that other guests were getting a few more romantic frills to make their stay that bit more special, so we were feeling a bit deflated at the end of our stay.
All this said, we would still recommend this hotel.. We just think, if we were to return, we'd say it was our anniversary! Then we might get a special experience!!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a sea view & wasn't disappointed. Also, it's furthest away from the bar a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I agree with the last review fantastic hotel how people can complain about it I just don't know. Fantastic food, pool and beach lots of beds free and plenty shade on the beach. Went with my partner for a week and it wasn't long enough the staff could not do enough for you and are very friendly. We went for a massage which was lovely at the beginning of the holiday which left our skin so soft it was amazing. Went on the seascope boat trip which lets you view all the fish through a glass saw so many different ones and you can video and take pictures. Visited soho square which cost £10 and worth a visit to see the singing fountains plus you don't get hassled there.
If you walk up the beach jetty early in a morning you can also see lots of fish in the sea we saw lots of lion fish which were amazing. Our room was superb will a fantastic view over the pool and sea with an enormous bed room 2304. Please visit this hotel and ignore all negative comments we have travelled to many places and we will be returning to Iberotel we loved it so much. This hotel is good for all ages go and see for yourself you wont regret it.

Room Tip: room 2304 overlooks the pool and sea giant size bed this is a deluxe room
6  Thank Collette G