“WONDERFUL”
Review of Iberotel Palace

Iberotel Palace
Ranked #11 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we stayed at this hotel for two weeks in june/july and will defo go back. She is a bit tired in places but that shouldnt put you off as everthing else makes up for it .I'll make this review as short as poss.CLEANLINESS.... second to none the place is spotless , the only mess is from us the holiday maker which they routinely clean up.FOOD very very good with a good variety for everyone even the most awkward of people, they even do a beef bacon for breakfast,it really does look and taste like bacon.They do a different theme every night buffet style eg, mexican ,chinese,indian etc.ROOMS lovely and big ,clean, the beds are massive and soooooo comfy no bad backs from them beds.I like the fact that the manager and head staff go out there way to welcome holiday makers by doing a cocktail party or a blck and white night which makes you feel special lovely touch.
STAFF well were to start , they are the most polite helpful staff we have ever met on our holidays, they work so hard to please and the manners are second to none, they are all multi lingal which is one of the criteria for working there. All the staff cant do enough to help and please you they really do make your holiday complete.With this being a couples only hotel the animation is low key and not in your face all the time which is really nice . The beach is beaut with proper sand and a sea that you can walk into and not have to use a jetty . Overall this is a 5 star plus hotel and will return , it must be good as my fella calls me a holiday snob and expect the best and that is exactly what you get here . A BIG THANKYOU to all at the Iberotel Palace for making our holiday brill . love kay and dave from donny

Room Tip: just go you wont regret it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank kay s
There are newer reviews for Iberotel Palace

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We met some amazing new friends at this hotel who made our Honeymoon so special. The Staff here cant do enough to make it a great holiday. We would like to mention the Bar waiter Mamoude ,Yousef from the animation team Mohamed on the Pool side and beach boat and Rebecca for making our stay so grand hence the name ''Palace'' The Whole team were very very friendly. Various food every day was delicious. We will definitely be returning for another vacation in the next year or two and look forward to meeting all the staff again. The Beauty salon is also worth a visit and let them pamper you.
One note for the management...please install some out door fans on the terrace for the evening entertainment as it was very hot and humid....

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool and sea it was beautiful. 2216
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We arrived home from the Palace on Monday 19th and I actually cried when I left! We booked this hotel based on the TA reviews and really they weren't truly reflective of just how fabulous the staff and and service are at this hotel! The staff do everything they can to make sure that your holiday is exceptional and that goes across the board; the chefs, the Pharaoh bar staff, the beach bar staff, the cleaners, Toscana staff, the waiters...everyone! How anyone can find anything to complain about with regards to the service is beyond me, I've only ever experienced service and courtesy such as this some of the top London hotels.
The chefs gave my daughter some natural yoghurt for her sunburn, the waiters showed us tricks and puzzles at our table every evening, the staff in Pharaoh's bar was just wonderful...really miss those guys and they are the ones that had me crying!
I don't go on holiday to experience 'bang on trend decor', receive first-class towel art, swim in Olympic size swimming pools, to sit examining tiles around the pool or check on the academic prowess of the Spa staff - I go to experience first class service, be looked after by the staff, eat great food and enjoy a comfortable room. And that's exactly what I got at the Palace!
Having said that, we did have great towel art daily and I experience two fabulous massages by a qualified masseuse.
Okay there were two days when the pool filter wasn't functioning correctly due to maintenance but to compensate, the hotel sent all those affected a nice quality bottle of wine to our room as an apology. My daughter also had a very very small incident in her room (which I won't go into) and Guest Services sent her a fruit basket to apologise. It's the little touches such as this that let's you know that the staff do care about their guests. Annette and Marie (Guest Services) come around to ALL guests on the beach and the pool area daily to check if there were any problems and the two minor things that I reported were rectified immediately, so there is NO excuse to say that you had a bad experience of any kind as these two ladies are fabulous at dealing with any guest issues and they liaise with guests daily so why complain AFTER your holiday?
We informed the hotel before our stay that it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room free of charge and even booked the Italian restaurant for us, decorated our table, made us a cake and we had sparking wine too. We may well have been the guests that another review is referring too but I've no complaints and it was such a lovely touch by the hotel.
The food is wonderful, varied and if by any chance there is something you would like to see in the restaurant the chefs will make it for you. I asked for some crackers for breakfast one morning and every morning after that they were on the breakfast buffet selection. I was even given four packets of the crackers to bring home with me by the chefs!
A touch I particularly liked (as a non-drinker) is that the Pharaoh bar remained open during the day and you could sit in the cool inside or the shaded area outside and have a beautiful iced coffee/chocolate frappe or smoothie, accompanied by a piece o cake in the afternoon if you chose to. There are only four hours of each day (10.00-12.00/5.00-7.00) when you can't get food, other than that you can CHOOSE the time you eat, where you eat and how much you eat so again you've got to be pretty picky not find something you like at a time you like. The bar remained open until you left but they stopped serving drinks at midnight which is pretty standard. The quality of the drinks I'm told were very good and quite strong.
If I wanted to find fault with the Palace I would have to look very hard for it but hell, that's not what I go on holiday for. Whilst we were there another (very picky hard to please guest) said to me "But it's not the best hotel in Sharm is it?!". Erm no, if you want that then pay top dollar for Four Seasons or The Royal Savoy but I doubt that you would get any better service for it! This hotel is number 5 on TA for a very good reason and I think I've justified those reasons in my review. I'm a 'seasoned' traveller and would I return to the Palace - absolutely and will be for my next holiday!!

Room Tip: Pool view/partial see view room ground floor
14  Thank ladyfoden2364
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I have just returned from 2 amazing weeks at the Iberotel Palace. Having been to Sharm before (staying at other hotels) we (my wife!) did a lot of research before deciding on the Iberotel. Trip Advisor reviews played a key part in our decision so thanks folks :-)
The hotel was wonderful in just about every way possible. Arriving late at night we were made to feel instantly welcome, given a cold drink and then shown to our room without fuss. The room itself (in block 2) was beautiful. It was a superior double, immaculately clean, spacious, nicely layed out and with a bed big enough to accommodate Snow White and all of her house mates! The room was cleaned to a wonderfully high standard every day (thank you Taha) and with an amazing repertoire of towel animals - towel anteater anyone?
The food in the hotel was excellent - good fresh produce beautifully cooked and with a good variety every day. The chefs who were on view in the restaurant clearly take a great deal of pride in their work. The service from virtually all of the waiters was fantastic and they take their work very seriously whilst doing it with a lovely sense of humour! One thing we noticed that ( in our experience) is not all that common is that there was no 'winding down' to closing time in the restaurant - so even though the restaurant closed at 10pm they would still be replenishing dishes at 9.45 This was great for late diners like us. The a la carte restaurant (1 visit per week is free) was also a lovely treat as well. For carnivores like me, the carpaccio beef followed by the beef fillet was as good as anything you would get in most English restaurants without a Michelin star ( although the first beef fillet I had was slightly better than on the second visit - no complaints though)
Reception staff were equally helpful - happy to do what ever they could to assist and always with a smile.
Even by Iberotel standards I think the Iberotel Palace is exceptional. We briefly visited the Iberotel in Luxor while on a day trip and the quality of that hotel ( service, cleanliness, ambience) etc was lower in every way. I think that that a lot of the credit for the standards of the Iberotel Palace goes to the high quality and visible management of the hotel. The Executive Assistant Manager, Mr Islam Sabry was visible everywhere on a daily basis: in the dining room at reception etc making sure everything was ok. The senior chef was also very visible in the restaurant.
Samy, the Thomson rep also needs to be singled out for special mention - he was as good a rep as I have ever encountered on a Thomson holiday - the perfect blend of informality, knowledge and total competence - and a thoroughly nice bloke too! We don't tend to get involved in the animation and entertainment stuff but from what we saw, the team were brilliant and Yousef was one of the most inspiring people you would ever meet - boundless energy and massive enthusiasm. I wish i could poach Samy and Yousef for my teams at work!!!
We spent most of our time at the beautiful sandy beach which is right on the hotel's doorstep. The beach was clean, with plenty of sun beds and brollies and perfect for a 'cooling' dip - the water at 28 degrees was about 12 degrees cooler that the air temp but still like getting in to a tepid bath. Lovely!
We only used the pool area once but it was clean and well maintained. I do wonder if it would be a bit crowded when the hotel is at or close to full capacity (August appears to be relatively quiet).
All in all a wonderful holiday in a fantastic hotel that we will have no hesitation returning to - quite possibly next year.
Any criticisms? If my arm was twisted - i would love it if the kitchen did made to order crepes at breakfast. - but that's about it.

6  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just had a fantastic 2 weeks at the Iberotel Hotel I found everything at the hotel very good with a brilliant location / staff.The food and drinks were also very good with a few theme nights in the 2 weeks ,I have to mention the entertainments team also His and Hers duo were very good changing
he type of music they sang effortlessly .We met a lot of lovely people Debs and Matt Downs !!!! and I suppose I have to mention Del Boy and Gina!!! Ha Ha I would definately recommend this hotel and will return in the near future .Hope this helps anyone considering to go here

5  Thank russandang
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My Wife and I have just returned from this hotel on our Honeymoon.
We could not have asked for a better place to spend this special occasion.
The hotel was excellent in every way possible, The staff could not do enough for you and they treat every guest as a special as the next. Our room cleaner Khalid Gamal was excellent with not only a spotless clean room every day but he made every effort to make our stay special, Towel art every day and even decorated our room on my birthday. The Thomson rep Sami made us welcome from the moment that we stepped into the hotel with regular interaction from him to make sure that everything was 100% for us and he made it clear that in the slightest chance that there was any problem, He would sort it straight away.
We have read some of the pathetic negative reviews on this hotel and are so glad that we didn't take any of them into account as the hotel, the staff the whole package for us couldn't be better.
Thank you all at the Iberotel Palace for Helping to make our Honeymoon PERFECT.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is very comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. The food is ok but I've had better at other couples hotels. Quite a few of the residents went down with stomach trouble during their stay including me. The hotel are a little lapse with regards to the Thomson couples rules. Gentlemen wore vests and shorts for dinner on some nights which I disapproved of and complained to the management and the Thomson rep. Waste of time though as it still continued. The beach is lovely and clean and the snorkelling is fantastic. I would visit the area again and probably chose the same hotel because of the staff, location and snorkelling. Hope this helps.

4  Thank Paul R