My wife and I returned from a fortnight’s stay at the Iberotel Lido in Naama Bay last Monday 3rd June. It was our second time at the Lido and we are delighted to write that this year’s stay surpassed last year’s, something we really didn’t think would be possible. The reception we received from ALL of the staff on our return this year was (at times) overwhelming, from the General Manager Mr Tamer Gawad right through to the maintenance guys &c. We would like to make a special mention of gratitude to Hassan at the Pool Bar (always with a BIG smile on his face), to Makram at the Pool (for keeping us cool and entertained around the pool) and most especially to Labib at the Terrace Bar (Labib made THE most amazing cocktails for us each and every night). However, EVERYONE at the Lido, from the Reception, to the Dolphino Restaurant, to Housekeeping, to Maintenance &c (such as little Mustafa who was painting the railings during our second week) ALL served to make our return to the Lido so very special.
This was our fourth time in Sharm El Sheikh and our third time staying in Naama Bay. We love the hustle and bustle of this little Town but we know it isn’t and won’t be for everyone. If you don’t like the noise of the nightlife (Naama Bay never sleeps) we would suggest you look elsewhere!! However, if you are looking for a small, personable, totally unique hotel with THE best location in Naama Bay then look no further than the Lido. Its fabulous boat design architecture means that when sitting on your room balcony (...you must ask for the superior sea view rooms...) or up on the pool deck you really do feel like you are sitting on a boat on the Red Sea!! And we never tire of that view out across the Red Sea, across Naama Bay and across the Mountains. (The sunset over the Mountains every evening at 6pm is truly breathtaking. We visited Ibiza last September and saw the sunset from Café Del Mar but the sunset over the Mountains beyond Naama Bay beats it hands down in our opinion!!) I said in my review last year that we believe that the Lido is very much for couples. In our opinion this remains very much the case. Due to its design and location in our mind it really is NOT geared for Kids!! For couples however it is absolutely perfect.
We have many friends in Naama Bay so we now stay on a bed and breakfast basis only, eating out in the Town every evening. (A fabulous steak dinner for two for around £25.00!! Try the Moonlight Beach Restaurant. You won’t be disappointed!!) The breakfast buffet at the Lido is excellent and should satisfy even the most critical of diners!! And we would heartily recommend giving the Lido’s “On The Deck” a la carte menu a try for dinner one night. The food is exceptional and it is a very special experience eating on decking right on the Red Sea with the most amazing fish swimming in the clear blue water below!!
All in all, the Lido is a very special Hotel which holds a very special place in OUR hearts. For those who want to get away from the All Inclusive options at the various Hotel Resorts in Sharm El Sheikh and want something different, personable and totally unique look no further than the Iberotel Lido. In our opinion you will NOT be disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lido Sharm Hotel is a charming and intimate boutique style hotel directly facing the Red Sea water on Naama Bay, and in front of the plateau of Om El Sid hill. It is only two minutes walk from Naama Bay center and the heart of Sharm El-Sheikh City and only 11 km from the airport. Looking out from the roof of the hotel is like standing on the prow of an ocean liner as she reaches out for the sea. This stunning vista over Naama Bay is matched by a beautiful landscape, a clean sandy beach and a friendly, convivial and intimate atmosphere. Hotel facilities include exquisite restaurants and bars we have a pool and beach bar and La Folie Terrace Bar. As well as a range of leisure activities. Full reception facilities are supported by a 24-hour concierge service and Internet access in the lobby. Diving and snorkelling experince would not have easier with thier "Blue Ocean - Dive Club" diving center taking the advantage of being next to the mian boats jetty of Naama Bay. After a long day snorkeling just experiencing the bustle of downtown Sharm, take a refreshing dip in the pool before retiring to your room. Room Service is 24/7, and medical assistance is available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Lido Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Lido Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Iberotel Lido Sharm El Sheikh