“Our Home from Home: a totally unique, personable Hotel”
Review of Lido Sharm Hotel

Lido Sharm Hotel
Ranked #15 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I returned from a fortnight’s stay at the Iberotel Lido in Naama Bay last Monday 3rd June. It was our second time at the Lido and we are delighted to write that this year’s stay surpassed last year’s, something we really didn’t think would be possible. The reception we received from ALL of the staff on our return this year was (at times) overwhelming, from the General Manager Mr Tamer Gawad right through to the maintenance guys &c. We would like to make a special mention of gratitude to Hassan at the Pool Bar (always with a BIG smile on his face), to Makram at the Pool (for keeping us cool and entertained around the pool) and most especially to Labib at the Terrace Bar (Labib made THE most amazing cocktails for us each and every night). However, EVERYONE at the Lido, from the Reception, to the Dolphino Restaurant, to Housekeeping, to Maintenance &c (such as little Mustafa who was painting the railings during our second week) ALL served to make our return to the Lido so very special.

This was our fourth time in Sharm El Sheikh and our third time staying in Naama Bay. We love the hustle and bustle of this little Town but we know it isn’t and won’t be for everyone. If you don’t like the noise of the nightlife (Naama Bay never sleeps) we would suggest you look elsewhere!! However, if you are looking for a small, personable, totally unique hotel with THE best location in Naama Bay then look no further than the Lido. Its fabulous boat design architecture means that when sitting on your room balcony (...you must ask for the superior sea view rooms...) or up on the pool deck you really do feel like you are sitting on a boat on the Red Sea!! And we never tire of that view out across the Red Sea, across Naama Bay and across the Mountains. (The sunset over the Mountains every evening at 6pm is truly breathtaking. We visited Ibiza last September and saw the sunset from Café Del Mar but the sunset over the Mountains beyond Naama Bay beats it hands down in our opinion!!) I said in my review last year that we believe that the Lido is very much for couples. In our opinion this remains very much the case. Due to its design and location in our mind it really is NOT geared for Kids!! For couples however it is absolutely perfect.

We have many friends in Naama Bay so we now stay on a bed and breakfast basis only, eating out in the Town every evening. (A fabulous steak dinner for two for around £25.00!! Try the Moonlight Beach Restaurant. You won’t be disappointed!!) The breakfast buffet at the Lido is excellent and should satisfy even the most critical of diners!! And we would heartily recommend giving the Lido’s “On The Deck” a la carte menu a try for dinner one night. The food is exceptional and it is a very special experience eating on decking right on the Red Sea with the most amazing fish swimming in the clear blue water below!!

All in all, the Lido is a very special Hotel which holds a very special place in OUR hearts. For those who want to get away from the All Inclusive options at the various Hotel Resorts in Sharm El Sheikh and want something different, personable and totally unique look no further than the Iberotel Lido. In our opinion you will NOT be disappointed!!

Room Tip: For the best views ask for the superior sea view rooms!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cwardle01
GMLidoSSH, General Manager at Lido Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear CWARDLE01; On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for sparing your time, posting your review on the Trip Advisor website. It was a pleasure to welcome you “Back to Lido”. As we are looking forward for such a great pleasure again, please let us know your next travelling dates, so we can arrange for your requirements accordingly. Assuring you of our best services and full attention, and on behalf of the team, please accept our best regards from SSH City – Tamer.

(gm@iberotellidosharm.com)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 11 June 2013

First time at this Boutique hotel, and would definitely recommend it for a relaxing break. Have been to the Sharks Bay area in the past, and much preferred this hotels location. Very peaceful around the pool, with no rush to put towels out, as ample availability. Given complimentary wifi.The bar staff, and lovely pool man couldnt do enough for us, bringing drinks before we had even got up to ask for them, and cooling wet towels at various points of the day. Have never stayed anywhere with such friendly staff. Drinks are from branded bottles, coke, sprie, schweppes tonic, bottled beer. Had a couple of gin and tonics, and couldnt tell that it was local spirits, tasted great to us! We did have the luxury Suite, as I wanted a room with a bath, so had a fabulous big room, didnt see what a standard room was like. Meals were fine, something to suit all tastes, and you can always get some pasta or a freshly made pizza. Entertainement was poor, but personally having been to a bigger noisy hotel last time, much prefer to go out if we want to find entertainement. Had a couple of massages from the hotel which were good. All in all would definitely go back to the Iberotel Lido, if we return to Egypt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steph M

Dear Steph M; Thank for sparing your time, sharing your first travel experience to our hotel with the Trip Advisor community members. We are sincerely happy to know that you had an enjoyable vacation, and that you have returned back home, with “Good Memories” to come & visit us back. It will be a pleasure to hear back you’re next travelling dates, to secure your requirements and needs if any. Assuring you of our best services and full attention to all our guests, we always remain. On behalf of the team, please accept our best regards – Tamer.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband & I have stayed here twice & were back in Sharm late Feb to early March '13. Although we didn't stay at the Lido, this holiday, we visited 3 times as Day Guests. A daily rate for towels, sunbeds & the use of facilities, can be arranged through the manager, Mr. Tamer Gawad, or the young lady who is in charge of Guest Relations. Food & drink are extra.
We love the sundeck, on the top floor of this hotel, with its jacuzzi & swimming pool. The views of Na'ama Bay, Tiran Island, plus the comings & goings of the boats, for trips or dives, are unrivalled by any other hotel in the bay.
There is usually a welcome breeze up there but beds can be manoeuvred into sheltered positions; not that you'll be allowed to do this for yourself if Makram, the attendant is on duty. As soon as you 'twitch a toe' he's at the side of you to move beds, or parasol, on your behalf. He still gives out the wonderfully cool menthol-impregnated face flannels; so welcome during the day. He has a great sense of fun too.
The pool-side waiters were very attentive & made us a welcome as if we were actually staying at the Lido; there's a snack menu available or we could've asked to eat in the main restaurant.
Happily, the falcons are still nesting in the nearby cliffs; they fly close & low enough, at times, to be captured by cameras.
We had an extra treat this year; we saw some eagles ~ the sort that is depicted on the Egyptian flag. Presumably, they also nest nearby. One was quite bold & landed on the rail of the sundeck but someone went too close, with their mobile (to get a picture) & it flew off, before I could get a decent shot. It delighted people on the neighbouring beaches & in the sea, by swooping down, repeatedly, to grab fish in its talons. Absolutely wonderful; a real privilege to see falcons & eagles unthreatened, in their natural habitat.
We love the cosiness of this hotel & would never want to stay in one with huge waterparks up in the Nabq part of Sharm. The Lido is a little calm oasis.
During our holiday, we dined, once again, at the infamous, "On Deck"; the hotel's floating pontoon restaurant, that accepts outside bookings. It's so tranquil to sit there, under the moon & stars, with the floodlights under the jetty, illuminating the fish below. The slient, slow movements of the lion fishes' "wings" is almost hypnotic! The tables are well-spaced, giving privacy & we enjoy the multi-coloured lights of Na'ama Bay as a backdrop. Ismail (maître d') is an obliging, pleasant member of staff, with a ready smile.
We could’ve had a massage, even as Day Guests, as the hotel had space (it’s down on the hotel’s beach). We each had one last time we stayed, & wished we’d had one this time, as the Lido team is definitely better than the one at the hotel where we stayed this time.
Wherever you stay in Sharm, we thoroughly recommend treating yourselves to a day at the Lido & take advantage of those views & the tranquillity, alongside the Lido hospitality. All comments in my other 2 reviews still stand with regard to the hotel facilities & services. Mr. Gawad’s team is still a credit to him (& themselves) & we sincerely hope to stay again at the “Jewel of Na’ama Bay”.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nephthys
GMLidoSSH, General Manager at Lido Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Nephthys; thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel with the Trip Advisor community members. It was a real pleasure to welcome you back, last March while being in SSH City. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable time and sincerely looking forward for the next visit, where we will be delighted to have you as a hotel guest; hopefully soon.. On behalf of the team, please accept our best regards from SSH City – Tamer.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and decided to return due to its great location and roof top pool. This is definitely the hotels strenght being far enough away from the main area for restaurants/ bars but close enough for an easy walk to get there.
The roof top pool is excellent with a great view of the beach and surrounding area. Tipping the staff definitely ensures a better service as our drinks were refilled without asking and our loungers prepped each morning ready for us.
The only small area I would highlight is that the hotel, having secured a good rating, needs to pay attention to the details and start to spend a bit of money to maintain small areas. This are just small things like replacing the broken tile in our bathroom (under sink room 110); replace some of the pool and restaurant umbrellas (broken arms hanging down/ screws used to hold it up rather than the missing pin it should have), get rid of the stray cats in the restaurant area, replace the plastic beer glasses with the broken handles etc.
This may sound petty but its these smalls that can make the difference.
In summary excellent location, amazing view from the pool, great food, friendly staff, few minor details needed to stay up in the ratings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank HowardSouthampton

Dear HowardSouthampton;
Thank you for sparing your time, posting your notes on the Trip Advisor website. It was a pleasure to welcome you “Back to Lido”. We would also like to thank you for bringing your personal observations to our attention, which we have already considered and did act-upon to eliminate. As your last visit to our hotel was few years ago we are positive that you have noticed our totally renovated buffet and the indoor area of the hotel main restaurant. We are also in the process of doing the same for the terrace area. According to a pre-approved short & long term plans, other hotel areas are scheduled for renovation as well. We are in process of daily refurbishments and regular maintenance where and as needed, however sometimes due to heavy hotel guests’ traffic we are not able to maintain our timetable. Please let us know your next travelling dates, so we can arrange for your requirements accordingly. Assuring you of our best services and full attention, and on behalf of the team, please accept our best regards from SSH City – Tamer.

(gm@iberotellidosharm)

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was my first time to Sharm and I originally booked a resort but upgraded to the Lido because I wanted a close diving centre. When I arrived I was met and my bags were whisked off to reception by a very tentative Mohamed. I was given room no.13 and this would be bad omen for some people but the room was great. My room was cleaned every day and topped up with tea and water each day. The position of my room was fantastic and if I had tripped up pissed out of the door I would have ended up on the coral reef 2 meters away, fantastic, me shark food. Lol.
I found the food good with a fairly wide range with the option of fresh pizzas, omelettes, and pasta dishes as well as the normal western and Egyptian delicacy's . The all inclusive drinks were also a good quality and we were looked after well at the bar and at the pool side.
A real thankyou to Samy and the bar boys, the waiters who at the meals were very tentative and had a good since of humour and always willing to help. A special mention to the towel guy at the pool who was on the ball all the time.
The management team of the hotel were always on hand and were out n about making sure that all was well.
I used the Blue Ocean dive club that was attached to the hotel. This was run by Lisa and Mohamed and I felt really looked after by the team. One thing to say is that the sea around the hotel is full of life and I was lucky to see a guitar shark whilst just snorkelling, outstanding. The dive club have a set discount for hotel guests and the prices were really reasonable. You can find them at blueoceandiveclub.com.
The hotel is situated within 5 minutes walk from the main Sharm centre so is super close but still right on the waters edge.
Look, if your a regular to Sharm you will probably have your regular places to stay but give this place a try. If this is your first time here then you won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear Jonah J;
Thank for sparing your time, sharing your first travel experience to SSH City, as well as to our hotel, with the Trip Advisor community members. We are sincerely happy to know that you had an enjoyable vacation, and that you have returned back home, with “Good Memories” to come & visit us back. It will be a pleasure to hear back you’re next travelling dates, to secure your requirements and needs if any. Assuring you of our best services and full attention to all our guests, we always remain. On behalf of the team, please accept our best regards – Tamer.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I cann't express how much we enjoyed staying there , from the first moment we arrived there everybody was keen to help
Smile on every face , the familial sensation that you can’t miss , the team work .
I would like to thank the receptionist , the house keeping staff .
Special thanks to the restaurant staff specially Mr. Mansour ; he is a man in place , he is welling to help guests with all his effort
At the pool I can not forget the staff there cann’t do enough to please us
Special thanks to everybody who made our visit as pleasant as possible
I cann't praise it highly enough , but I am sure that I will go there again and again

Room Tip: take rooms at the reception level
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mina I
GMLidoSSH, General Manager at Lido Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Mina I;
Thank you for sparing your time reviewing our hotel to the Trip Advisor Community. We are delighted to know that your recent stay with us was up to your personal expectations and satisfaction. It will be our pleasure to hear back from you, for your next trip to Sharm El Sheikh City, to arrange for any special requirements you might need. Assuring you of our best service and full attention at all the time, and on behalf of the team, please accept our best regards from SSH City- Tamer.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was my second stay here for a diving holiday. How it has changed since last year. The staff were still turning up and prepping the breakfast area 20 minutes after it opened. The waiters are not attentive and it was an effort to get a hot drink with breakfast. The evening bar staff are too busy chatting amongst themselves and thier friends to serve paying customers. I twice sat in the bar by the sea in the evening and was ignored to the point where I left, once waiting for nearly twenty minutes with only four customers plus myself and four members of staff chatting at the bar. The only thing that remians the same is the towel attendant at the pool. He is always happy and extremely helpful. Perhaps he should teach the other staff about customer service. There are much better choices in Sharm. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharkbait53
GMLidoSSH, General Manager at Lido Sharm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Sharkbait53;
Thank you for sparing the time reviewing our hotel on the Trip Advisor website. We do regret that your recent trip to our hotel was not up to your personal expectations, the same way you have enjoyed your pervious visit. We are very much disturbed to know that you have left our hotel with negative experience and feedback. As such observations were not reported earlier by other hotel guests, I would highly appreciate if you can provide me, in a separate email, with further details about your comments & observations, so we proceed and investigate further, and ensure that corrective action is taken where needed. Assuring you of our best services and full attention to all our guests, we will always remain. On behalf of the team, please accept our apology again, as well as our best regards. Thank you - Tamer