Mohamed Abdelbary from toronto, canada.
I stayed at the lido From Oct 31 - Nov 3 2010. double seaview room
Value: overall value is relative to what you paid. I believe the hotel is excellent value upto 100-120$/ night for seaview room including breakfast or less for a non-seaview room.
cleanliness: excellent inside the rooms and outside.
location: excellent location walking distance to neama bay where all the activity is
rooms: The rooms are very clean and well maintained. bathrooms are clean and good condition. some furnishings are starting to get a little old. I booked a double room and found the room to be a bit small
Service: amazing. Before I went, I emailed the hotel to confirm a seaview room booking and when I arrived it was ready no hassles. The entire staff were excellent in service Dina at reception. Hassan on the beach he makes sure everyone has a spot ready every morning. abdallah and yousef for room service. The staff at the restaurant and the main chef and even the security. all smiling all great. They made the stay enjoyable
beach: Most of the time the water is amazingly clear that you can see fish swimming even at the beach. The beach is a bit rocky at the start but that is because the hotel is on a coral reef bed which is a great advatntage as you can snorkle close to the beach and see all great exotic fish without having to swim far. On odd days, if the weather is too windy, it stirs up the sand and you have to swim further. At night they have lights at the deck restaurant over the seawater and you can see all the exotic fish swimming through the clear water. Magnificent scene. You might find the beach area designated for the hotel small but it is open on neighbouring hotels. I did not have any problems finding a place in the morning at the designated beach.
Food: The main restaurant buffet has a great variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you want to eat there. The food is ok - acceptable. Neama bay has great options for food all around.
Places to visit at night other than neama bay: "alf leila we laila" great shows start from 10 pm to midnight. "soho" very classy great shows - start at 10 pm also. Old markrt is also nice with 2 great restaurants - al masryeen for middle east food and fares for fish. great food reasonable price.
transportation: That is the biggest problem in sharm. The government set up a security zone where taxis are not allowed beyond a certain point. ***Make sure you go on the hotel website and book the hotel transport from the airport to the hotel directly otherwise you will have to walk with your bags a while*** It costs 20 euros for 2 people one way with 5 euros for any extra person and the hotel sends you a confirmation email.
The other places I mentioned to visit are outside the security zone so again you have 2 options. the expensive one but convinient is to book the hotel shuttle at 15 Euros per family for the 2 way any time of the day. The other less expensive option is to walk out from neama bay onto the main street and take a taxi from there and same way back. I would say budget about 150-200$ worth of transportation.
-ask the hotel to take away the snack bar from the fridge if you do not want it when you arrive so there is no confusion.
- I had no problem bringing in water or small snacks for overnight and milk for my infant from outside and I keep in the fridge in case my baby was hungry overnight.
Enjoy your stay and have fun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lido Sharm Hotel is a charming and intimate boutique style hotel directly facing the Red Sea water on Naama Bay, and in front of the plateau of Om El Sid hill. It is only two minutes walk from Naama Bay center and the heart of Sharm El-Sheikh City and only 11 km from the airport. Looking out from the roof of the hotel is like standing on the prow of an ocean liner as she reaches out for the sea. This stunning vista over Naama Bay is matched by a beautiful landscape, a clean sandy beach and a friendly, convivial and intimate atmosphere. Hotel facilities include exquisite restaurants and bars we have a pool and beach bar and La Folie Terrace Bar. As well as a range of leisure activities. Full reception facilities are supported by a 24-hour concierge service and Internet access in the lobby. Diving and snorkelling experince would not have easier with thier "Blue Ocean - Dive Club" diving center taking the advantage of being next to the mian boats jetty of Naama Bay. After a long day snorkeling just experiencing the bustle of downtown Sharm, take a refreshing dip in the pool before retiring to your room. Room Service is 24/7, and medical assistance is available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, HRS and Agoda so you can book your Lido Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Lido Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Iberotel Lido Sharm El Sheikh