“Egyptian Heaven”

Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino
Ranked #86 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just came back from an 8 day break at the sonesta beach. First visit to Egypt but wont be last.
Food Excellent,Staff Excellent
We couldn't have been made more welcome.
Our room was by the cactus pool/bar where we spent lazy days special mention to Emad the towel man always helpful and happy. Ibraham the bar man he mixes a mean cocktail.
We ate at le dome food always fresh and lovely.all the waiters excellent special mention to both amed's amir and mohamad

Room Tip: Stayed in room 2701 very quiet excellent for cactus pool and le dome
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary D
sonestasharm, General Manager at Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Gary,

What a delightful review and we thank you for choosing the Sonesta Beach and for writing this review. We will pass your kind words on to the staff you mentioned and they will also be so happy for the recognition.

Hopefully we’ll see you again in the not-too-distant future for a little more “Egyptian Heaven”.

Area General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to Egypt Sharm but 1st to this hotel.
We were seen to straight away on arrival and whisked away to our rooms. The rooms are huge and very clean. 1129 was a good location.
The grounds are big but really nice to walk we had fun exploring, you can absolutely enjoy all the pools and the bars surrounding them with the ease of getting sun beds.
It was an amazing 10 days we made really good friends with other guests.
The food was fab with different international nights hosting the themes which makes a difference.
But I must say some of the hotel staff make this hotel they are a huge credit to sonesta and I would be ever so grateful if they get acknowledged. I made a special effort on my last day to look for these members and make a note of there names they brightened up this holiday for us a million times over, and if you ever visit Sonesta be sure to look out for these hard working amazing individuals.

1. Ibrahim Mohammad( bar man) the shining star of our trip by far, never failed to smile or interact with all nationalities of guests. Must say we were so impressed by him we moved to pools / bars he was at , he really knew how to make that perfect cocktail.

2. Azzaz Mohammad ( bar man) a very hardworking man never saw him stop working, smiling.

3. Ehab A. Aziz ( main restaurant) ever so sweet went out if his way to find us a table all the time.

4.Mahmoud Fouad ( pool man)
Always on his feet cleaning pool side, found us amazing sun beds all the time at pool bar to suit our needs.

5.Animation team: Dima, Valentina, Lado and Kaucha always motivated even with slight language barrier they always tried to get us involved in activities fantastic bunch, great efforts for shows in the evening which I recommend watching every evening.

Thank you Sonesta for an amazing stay we will return just keep these members of staff :)

Kunal and Sonali Jethwa.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sonali49
sonestasharm, General Manager at Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Kunal & Sonali,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review iof your recent stay. The staff you mentioning will be so pleased to know that they received recognition for a job well done and I can picture them beaming from ear to ear when they find out. Of course, they are supported by an equally hard-working team behind the scenes and we thank them all for the conscientious hard work that they all do.

We will do our absolute best to keep these same members of staff and I hope you will do your absolute best to return so that you can thank them personally.

It has been a delight hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Sonesta Beach - 24 April - 4 May! This was my third stay here! I had the most enjoyable and relaxing holiday. I had a perfect room looking over the Cactus Pool - a very spacious room with wonderful views! Thanks go to the reservation staff for giving me a great room. I ate mostly at Le Dome restaurant - great food and fab staff staff in there - always looking after you and making sure you have a drink on your table! My biggest thanks go to Mohammed Ali and his recreation team. I was extremely well looked after at both the pool (Emad) and the beach (Sam)! I was on my own on this holiday so I was always made to feel safe and looked after wherever I was in the Sonesta! I did get to go out on an evening and experienced Old Market, Soho Square and Hollywood! All brilliant. Thanks again to all of the Sonesta staff for looking after me. I'm hoping to be back again in November for my fourth stay and also for my birthday! See you then!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Nicola H
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Nicola

Thank you for this nice review , I will pass on your comments to all the colleagues who helped in making your stay an unforgettable one , we hope to see you again for the 4th time

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Food is great, hotel is great, Beach is not the best in the bay as a bit rocky but there is a fantastic array of fish to be seen, nowhere else in the bay could you be that lucky! Get yourself some sea shoes and a snorkel!!! Our 2nd Visit, we will see you again soon :-) Loved it

• Stayed: April 2014
sonestasharm, General Manager at Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Skippy,

Many thanks for the short-but-sweet review. We’ll pass your compliments on to Rashid and Ali and look forward to welcoming you back again for another lovely holiday.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The stay at Sonesta Beach was for our Honeymoon also my wife had her birthday whilst we was away.The hotel complex is huge our room was up by the top pool called casablanca.We found this pool lovely and quite and the pool was never very busy my wife was able to do lots of lengths without anyone getting in the way.We ate in the Le Dome restaurant every night and always had a great selection of food I'm bit fussy but was able to enjoy something different everyday.The chefs were cooking fresh food all the time and we never had to ask for drinks,as soon as a waiter saw your glass was low you got a fresh glass.Ahmed was our go to waiter in Le Dome he made our meal times and he worked so hard and always with a cheeky smile.
We found our room so comftable the bed was huge and fresh and clean everyday.We had 1 issue with the air con which we reported and was fixed but it went wrong again before we left,Maria in reception was very helpful and is your point of call if you have issues.This in no way affected our holiday just was 1 point.
The guys around the pool are always chatty and the bar staff.We found that the English went up to the Casablanca bar of an evening the other pools and bars were mostly Russian.We would love to go back to the Sonesta Beach its probably to hot for little kids even in mid April it was in the high 30's.
We went on a couple of trips and we thought the seascope trip was the best well worth the money.We also went to Soho square the fountain is cool and the ice bar.
We have been back just under 2 weeks and we are only just getting back into the swing of home life again as we found it so relaxing.The staff and the hotel made our Honeymoon we would like to thank A.mondiem for all the effort he made in making our stay so special he kept our room clean and made my wife's birthday when he made a big sculpture out of towels on our bed.

Rob and Glenda.

Room Tip: Drink at Casablanca bar use that pool and eat at Le Dome less Russians.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Robert T
sonestasharm, General Manager at Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Rob and Glenda,

May I take this opportunity to wish your wife a belated happy birthday and of course, on behalf of all the staff and management here at the Sonesta Beach, I congratulate you both on your recent wedding and wish you a long and happy life together. Thank you so much for the review and for choosing our hotel for such a momentous occasion.

We do try to serve a variety of meals and styles in Le Dome and I’m so pleased it was to your liking. The chefs are very particular about their creations so they will be very happy to hear that the honeymoon couple were so pleased.

I do hope we will see you again for another super-relaxing holiday – perhaps for your first anniversary? We hope so.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned yesterday. I read everything about this hotel on tripadvisor. This hotel did not let my partner and I down. In fact it exceeded our expectations. We stayed by the cactus pool,and found that the staff were attentive to all your needs. Polite, friendly and most welcoming, in fact whilst on my holiday we found that most Egyptians we met were lovely people.food was great although I did miss a bacon toastie in the morning.would we return to the sonesta again most deffo

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P

Dear Chris,

What a delight to read your review. I’m glad you read the Tripadvisor reviews before you came but I have to say that the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I’m glad you took a bite and enjoyed it.

Thank you for the review and the kind words for the staff and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I had a child free holiday opportunity and spent 10 days here. We initially landed into a curfew at 2200hrs due to the Cairo troubles, this was lifted the next day so it never really affected us. It was noticable that compared to previous trips to Sharm the resort felt empty, almost like it was out of season. However it didnt stop the staff and facilities here impressing us enough that we have now booked a family holiday at the same hotel for next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Back in August last year it was a bit of a different story as there was some political unrest throughout the country, but luckily Sharm was totally and completely untouched. So I’m delighted you came and enjoyed it. When you return this coming August you will find it very different in that Sharm itself is bound to be busier and full of life yet, at the same time, calm and relaxing.

Our staff will give you their very best regardless of what is happening elsewhere so you can expect the same quality service from us when you arrive. We look forward to it.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.