This was a long weekend (5days) for our anniversary we stayed all inclusive & food was lovely especially in the a la carte restaurant
We stayed in the royal beach resort area & this was exceptionally beautiful & well kept, but even the other areas were lovely too, like a pretty little village.
The only thing I will say is there is a lot of high pressured sales tactics going on in most shops so best not to even talk to anyone unless you intend to pay through the nose, even the hotel shops - who tried to charge me £145.00 GBP for a dress!!! I laughed & told him I hadn't paid that much for my last Karen millen dress!?? But even I still ended up buying some overpriced items!
The events staff at the hotel also pressured us into paying for a lobster dinner for two on the beach, but as we were on our anniversary we gave in quite easily, but when we turned up it wasn't just for two as there was another couple sat right next to us!!!!!! I was fuming but I did not want to ruin my husbands efforts, however i wish we had just walked away immediately, as instead of a quiet romantic conversation with the two of us... the waiter just kept on talking ... And talking ... And talking about himself and how his wife annoyed him and his children and football .... On and on! We were forced to pose for photos which didn't turn out and the whole night could have been a complete disaster had we not seen the funny side to it all! (But definitely NOT romantic!)
The rest of the staff were so lovely and really did try everything to make us feel welcome.
If you intend to dive pyramid divers are just next to the hotel and were very professional PADI divers but be warned if you get ill you will not get a penny of your money back as it states on their website!
We were both taken ill with a tummy upset & the pharmacy over the road gave us the local antibacterials which work much better than Imodium if you need it, although I recommend to use hand sanitiser at all times as the money stays in circulation for so long there it's full of germs!
We would definitely stay here in this resort again as it was so beautiful - but next time we may not venture out of the resort as it was like being a walking £ sign for anyone wanting to pounce on you! Lol
The hotel was like a little oasis in the midst of it all & we were so glad to see the security guards as we approached the hotel grounds.
The security guards here were the most welcoming (to guests) that iv ever experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino Sharm El Sheikh, stretching across the sands of Naama Bay, overlooks the Red Sea and South Sinai desert and mountains. The resort's traditional Arabic domes and archways form a village-style ambiance. The resort offers a private beach for the world's best scuba diving in the Red Sea's legendary waters, and seven swimming pools for relaxing laps in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sonesta Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Beach Resort And Casino
- Sonesta Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sonesta Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Sonesta