“Another fantastic holiday!!”

Ranked #106 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Pontypridd
“Another fantastic holiday!!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Dreams Beach Hotel and we are looking forward to going again next year. The staff are excellent, the service is fantastic and the beach setting is very good. First of all Walaa the Thomas Cook rep is the most polite and helpful rep we have ever met, Mahmoud and Zakaria on the bottom beach provided a friendly and very efficient service, Ahmed and Mohammed on the top beach treated us like family, Mina in the Grill House and Mina in the Grill Bar saw to our every need. The staff in this hotel should be held up as an example of how to do the job in a professional manner. Now remember reader that these staff have to contend with arrogant, belligerent, confrontational Russians and other races, so if you are polite and friendly to them and show your appreciation with a small tip the staff will move heaven and earth to make your holiday the best ever.
The L'Opera restaurant provides food for all nationalities they provide omelets, fried eggs, chips, borch soup and food I have never heard of. They do not provide just for Brits so if you want pie and chips all the time then go to Blackpool! We stayed for 2 weeks and ate our fill every mealtime. We ate twice at The Pergola a la carte and were delighted both times, we ate at the Love Boat (extra charge) and really enjoyed it.
The down side is the sales people who can be very persistent, one man who was selling diving and swimming with dolphins trips invited me to throw myself off the cliff when I objected to his pestering me, the spa staff are persistent but friendly, I resorted to lying and telling them I would love their service but did not have enough money left so I was soon left alone.
We were in room 1910 which had an excellent garden view and was adequate for our needs, the room attendant was friendly and made designs out of the towels surrounded by red flower petals and a small tip at the beginning and middle of our stay ensured extra water bottles and sachets of coffee.
Another splendid holiday, and looking forward to the next one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

So, we (couple) went here for a week in April 2013, good time of year because of the 'mild' heat (35 celsius...). We had never been to an all-in resort before, so that was a shocker.. but I should judge the place for what it is.

Like probably any resort in this area, you go in, sleep, eat, tan and drink in random order and repeat this day by day. The apartments and complex are well suited for this, and honestly the reviews said the place was old, but it was decent enough. Sure the bathroom could have been better. We had a more expensive room but the last day we could use a cheaper room to change cloth before the flight, but those were awful! So don't do the bargain cheap deal rooms...!

The restaurants and such were fine, mass buffet style eating is not our style, but if it was, this must be pretty good. Different food every meal, especially the dinners have 'themes' which is good enough. Als they have 'stations' where te staff makes you fresh food on the spot. You will get stomach troubles in Egypt, can't really avoid it, but try to stick to cooked food and take some Vitamin C pills... and from stories of other resort, the food here was actually pretty good!!

The pools were okay, there is a lot entertainment, loud music and such. But this was the same at the beaches. The beach is pretty rocky but looks good on your photos. It's not a sandy beach but you'll go into the water by piers and stairs. The water was a bit rough when we were here, but you can snorkle a bit. Pay the staff on the beach some money for a good tan bed, they'll take care of you for a small fee and keep the best beds on the best spots reserved for you during your stay.

Tip well anywhere in person. They'll remember you and it will make your stay a lot nicer if you do, it's worth the money. Tip boxes are a bit more useless since they won't remember.

Finally, there is so many staff, we talked to some and there were like 250 people working there, for 18 hours a day, so you'll hardly recognisr them all, but some were nice, spoke English and earned their tip. Others couldn't care less or were more pushy.

Overall Dreams Beach Resort was good enough for a week, for this price I'd recommend it, even with some bad things I have to share below.

Now the bad...:
- the vendors
- the other guests
- entertainment

They sell all kind of things, trips, hair and nail jobs, spa visits etc. and they are pretty aggresive the first couple of days, when the see your light skin and know you are new. After a couple of days they'll cool down and leave you alone, when they have 'newer' guests to bother.

Many guests come to such a resort to get drunk all day, be rude to everyone and act terrible. In the night they knock on your door or try to get in your room because they are too drunk to know where they are. This was something astonishing to us and the main reason we won't go to such a resort again. In April it's 90% people from Russia, but we heard in the summertime it's mostly people from Britain that take the same roll. The staff actually liked us for being neither, so that gave us an advantage I suppose, being friendly gets you halfway!

And finally, the entertainment was terrible, mainly at night. They flew in a female singer from Russia that would sing all night which you could hear all over the resorts, this was awful and annoying. They had different entertainment every night (and during the day) but it was all terrible!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurensat
Rowley Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Had a absolute brilliant week here with my mom an sis there is a nice selection of restaurants Asian Mexican Fish and there own on site restaurants where you can eat wonderful food nice large pool area's and the people are so friendly they treat you really well and nothing is to much trouble I can't wait to go back next june

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karen S
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th time in this hotel and im pleased to say I had another fantastic time, the staff were as friendly as ever always keeping us entertained they couldnt do enough for us we defiantly wilk be going again :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sammy F
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Trip advisor...we all use it but often scare ourselves unnecessarily as my family discovered 2 wks back. Armed with boat loads of hand sanitiser, we arrived on 23 October expecting the worst! We needn't have worried. The rooms are a good size yes they are a little dated and bathroom could be ready for an update but overall we sense check and remember we are in Egypt not Spain and we only sleep in the room after all.
The complex is really clean and well kept with lovely gardens - gardeners always busy. The pools are good as is the beach area and boardwalk for snorkling or just watching fish-fab!
Food is tasty in the main restaurant and you can always find something. Look out for Yasser, he is such a friendly and helpful young man and he really made our holiday. The seafood on the boat was gorgeous and we had a great night there thanks to Alaa and his napkin creations. The grill house was lovely in the evening and Mina, the young man there was lovely.
Local beer is fine and red, rose and white wine were ok too. As a wine drinker, its a shame that there are restrictions on the times when this is available. I found myself just enjoying the night when 10pm came and wine was no more.
There is a little tuk tuk with the most lovely driver who drives around the complex and takes you wherever you need to be. Our family became great friends with him.
The staff make this hotel. What a lovely bunch of people.

My advice - read the reviews but dont worry. Take hand sanitiser or use the machines outside restaurants before and after eating. Take mozzy repellant you cant see the annoying little things but they are there and they proved it!! Overall, embrace the country, and take time to talk to the people. You'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Our room by tennis courts had balcony where sea was in sight.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KT I l
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and I stayed there recently (last 2 weeks of September) and had a lovely holiday only marred by the much higher than expected temperatures during the first week which you cant blame the hotel for and an extremely rude and obnoxious English woman who caused a totally unneccessary scene at the Pergola pool side restaurant one evening and then started a vendetta which continued for the rest of our holiday against those who sided with the poor gentleman she had picked the argument with.
That aside I have to say that although the hotel should probably not be classified as a 5 star (more a 4 star) its very nice, clean and well maintained. Our room was very well decorated and furnished, and cleaned daily with fresh bottled drinks left in the fridge every day. I would agree that the cleaners returning late afternoon and just knocking then walking in is rather annoying as we often went back late afternoon for a shower and rest so we didnt appreciate being confronted by these men just walking in when we werent fully clothed. We took to leaving the do not disturb sign on the door! The restaurant was clean and the food great with really scrummy desserts. We DID use the hand santisers provided at the door so maybe some of these other people who got tummy upsets should have tried doing this too. My husband is very prone to bad tummy upsets while on holiday but we were both fine for the whole holiday. We were surprised to read reviews for the same period we were at the hotel about lots of people who were walking about with canulas in their arms as we saw no evidence of this!! We only heard of one or 2 people who said they had slight tummy upsets which had settled down by themselves. The staff were all very solicitous and friendly especially Ali at the poolside who is a lovely and very hardworking young man. Every time you see him he is smiling and always so polite. He remembers what everyone is drinking after the first time he asks you and he always gives you the correct drink even down to how many sugars you take in your coffee. Amazing!!
We actually commented on how clean the poolside was and that the pool water was tested regularly (we saw this for ourselves) so were rather confused to read reviews for the same period we were there stating the pools were dirty with things floating on the water!! The only things we saw floating were the airbeds and floating chairs that were so popluar!!! The animation team were very funny and friendly but the evening shows are a bit naff and could do with being updated. If I had to highlight a negative about this hotel its the number of times we were pestered every day to book excursions, spa treatments or meals at the restaurants........after the first couple of days we just wanted to put up a big sign by our sunbeds saying 'DO NOT DISTURB'. It seems to be constant but we ended up ignoring these people just to get some peace. I realise they are just doing their job but it really does start to get on your nerves after a while. All in all I would say its a very nice hotel especially for the price we paid and if you want the standards of the Ritz then book the Ritz!! We met quite a few people who have been going year after year so it cant be that bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in block 14 as its close to everything.....just a matter of yards walk to either the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here the last 2 weeks in September this year and I would never recommend this hotel. After being told it was a 15 minute transfer we arrived an hour and 15 minutes later. Upon arrival we were asked to fill in yet another form, to which I asked for a pen. I was refused this and told to wait until I had one to check in. The hotel is sized up to be "24 hour all inclusive". If the day only has 8 hours in it then this would be correct. Breakfast is advertised 7-1130 but actually stops at 10 and all pool bars open at 10 and shut at 5 so whatever u do don't rush for a sunbed as you will dehydrate!! There are no bars except the lobby which is exactly as it sounds.... A lobby! No music no entertainment and 3 nights running we were asked to leave at 12 midnight, again I ask you is this 24 hour? Yes there is a disco but you have to pay for drinks after 1am, need I say it again?! From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave you are hassled around the pool to buy trips and other useless things. Not a nice feeling if you want to relax. The hotel generally was quite clean however me and my partner as well as 3 other couples we were with became ill in the second week and this is probably because on 3 occasions I was served RAW chicken. Not only this, the food that was given at lunch time was re served at dinner and again at "snack time" in the evening. We were also to the wifi in the lobby was free, it wasn't it is £35 a week!!! There is nothing to do at night and we found ourself going bed at 10 due to lack of entertainment. The only thing I can say for this holiday is the animation team were fantastic and made the daytime activities really enjoyable, a real credit to the hotel (the only credit). Please do not make the mistake that we did and not do your research.

• Stayed September 2013