“Excellent !!!!”

Dreams Beach Resort
Ranked #116 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family of 5 inc children aged 2 13 and 18 had a fabulous time here in September . We stayed for 2 weeks and it had to be the best holiday we have had the rooms we're great we had connecting rooms which we requested a few weeks before we went . The Mina bar was topped up every day with fresh water and pop for the kids . The hotel,itself was so clean and tidy . The pool area was always clean and the staff esp the pool bar men were great , they couldn't do enough for you !! Reception staff were very friendly and helpful . The food was good although some very strange dishes ! Lol the pasta station in the evening was great the kids were there every night ! All in all we had a Greta stay here and will be returning in September again this year we had that much fun !! Looking forward to returning :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine R
DreamsResortsEgypt, Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

It gave us a great pleasure to have you as our guest.
This is to express our deepest appreciation for your review, which will help us to extend our best service and the desirable hospitality for your comfort
All the staff of Dreams Resorts will remain at your entire disposal to make your visits in future to our Resort unforgettable.

Thank you very much once more for your time & your feedback.

Hoping to see you back very soon
Ahmed Tawfik
Rooms Division Manager

There are newer reviews for Dreams Beach Resort

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Rooms were very filthy, ants in the room ... several times we changed the rooms, be careful with your towels ... the cleaner takes them away, and then pressed for them cash out at the reception!Dissapointed customers...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erki2013
DreamsResortsEgypt, Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest.
First of all, let me take this opportunity to thank you for your time and your feedback.
We are deeply sorry that you have experienced any negative points and the holiday did not live up to your expectations.
Actually, your feedback is not only so important to us but also a very helpful tool to measure the level of service quality we extend to our guests.
We have read carefully and with great interest all your feedback points regarding your stay and they have been noted and will pass them on to the concerned department for corrective actions.
Hope to see you again in our Dreams Resorts promising to replace that negative experience with very positive one and to make your stay as memorable as we can.

Ahmed Tawfik
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We arrived to the hotel about 4 am. It was too early – we suppose to check in at 2 pm, but when hotel manager arrived at 8 am, we got hotel bracelets and were able to go to breakfast. While we sat in the lobby waiting for the manager, we also got some drink from lobby bar. About 10 am we got a room – it was in a building closes to the beach with nice sea view, so we got some time to relax after the flight.
About 3 pm we went to the private hotel beach for the first time. The hotel territory is on a hill a couple of floors high, there is an elevator and stairs to the sea level. There is snorkeling equipment rental kiosk on the beach. Coral reef starts right from water edge, so you walk on bridge to the end of the reef and swim from the end of the bridge where sea is about 40-50 feet deep. I was on different places – on Hawaii, in Mexico, In Dominican Republic but underwater world in the Red Sea is the richest so far.
Room cleaning was fine, food is good – anytime we can find something very tasteful from the food selection. Hotel employee was very professional and polite, speak good English and Russian.
The weather was god all 6 days of our stay, after 4 pm the sun goes out of the beach because of the hill and in became a little chilly for me – probably not so for people who lives in a colder climate.
In the evening time there were performances in a couple of places on the hotel territory, but we have intensive excursion program, so we didn’t visit this events.

Some advices at the end of the story.
I don’t like to bargain – I am a person who believe 100% in what I see on a price tag  , so I was a little concerned about obsessive salesmen – I read a lot about it. In reality even on Pyramids when now probably there are 5-10 salesmen on 1 tourist it was not too bad. If you say a couple of times – I already purchased it – they will leave you. On the hotel you need to say politely something like – Thank you, we will think about it. So don’t be afraid of local sales pressure.
If you need taxi – ask people on reception about it. There was a special person in our hotel that arranged taxi trips for us. We go to the city itself twice – to see musical fountain and to go to the Old Market. We agreed for two way trip – the way back was after 1-1.5 hours after way to there - we didn’t pay extra money for the wait time. The prices was reasonable – 10$ to the market and 23$ to the fountain (it is near Savoy hotel).
I have a little and big 3D camcorders – I took a big one and left small at home, and was told that it is better not to use it on Cairo streets because I will look like journalist from TV with it. To use this camera on Pyramids you need to purchase license which costs 700$. So I take video in that places using my SLR and 3D photo camera.
Some people said that they don’t like armed persons on the road and on the hotel entrance – for me it was a positive signal that authorities take care about tourist’s safety.
In common, the trip was very good, I can recommend the hotel for your stay in Sharm-el-Sheikh, also we were very satisfied with Sharm Club services.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Nikolay S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

i dont think the hotel had a but on a whole shamel shake seams to give the engilish a hard time loads of poeple became ill i just think its the place wouldnt adivse bring kid adaults seem to cope but kids got realy sick last about 3 days
bean there done it wont do it again rather go to turkey better all round
hotel was alright though good food great staff and clean as a wistle

Room Tip: sea view away from swimming pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We last visited in April of this year.
Things seem to have gone down hill since our other stays.
The staff were not as good as in previous stays, we also think the food was not as good. Very disappointed, we say we will not return, but if the price was right we would go if only for the sunshine.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine, if you do not want noise then select an upper floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank diane c
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Ive been coming to this hotel for years, and I still love it.
Yes back in 2008 - 2010 the hotel was at ts peak and was untouchable and everyone wanted to come and see why so many people ranked this hotel and why everyone was talking about it.
It was the place to be, and everyone had heard great things about this hotel.
So why is this hotel, Now getting so many bad reviews? I don't understand it.
Back then the hotel was always full, We go more then once a year, and Its a hotel you will find many guests are regulars. The regulars remember this hotel when it was amazing (it still is to me). Everything in this hotel was perfect, all the food, drinks, entertainment, staff, pools, gardens, spot on!
But in recent years its been lacking, I asked why... Because of the trouble in Egypt, its not now the number 1 destination to go on holiday, people are taking there families, loved ones else where. (fair enough, if you've never been to Sharm, you are liking to be scared)
But of course if you have been here, you know its no where near all the trouble, and Sharm is built only on tourism.
Hotels are not raking it in as what they used to, and you will find many hotels in Sharm are cutting back, weather its not having all the lovely selections of bread in the mornings, lunch and dinner. Not as many amazing deserts as one might find else where. The entertainment might seem a bit dull, to one might be use too.
But this is all down to tourism, if guests are not booking, the hotel is not making the money it once did, and if the hotel is not even half full, why have all the amazing selections it once had to go to waste, and not be eaten.
This hotel is fantastic and believe me, it was everything you would want in a hotel.
You only have to read the reviews that many people have been more then once to this hotel. If its so bad, why are there more people returning then the ones who say "never again"
Its fab, it still is fab, and it always will be fab.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, and all a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Von S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Dreams Beach Hotel and we are looking forward to going again next year. The staff are excellent, the service is fantastic and the beach setting is very good. First of all Walaa the Thomas Cook rep is the most polite and helpful rep we have ever met, Mahmoud and Zakaria on the bottom beach provided a friendly and very efficient service, Ahmed and Mohammed on the top beach treated us like family, Mina in the Grill House and Mina in the Grill Bar saw to our every need. The staff in this hotel should be held up as an example of how to do the job in a professional manner. Now remember reader that these staff have to contend with arrogant, belligerent, confrontational Russians and other races, so if you are polite and friendly to them and show your appreciation with a small tip the staff will move heaven and earth to make your holiday the best ever.
The L'Opera restaurant provides food for all nationalities they provide omelets, fried eggs, chips, borch soup and food I have never heard of. They do not provide just for Brits so if you want pie and chips all the time then go to Blackpool! We stayed for 2 weeks and ate our fill every mealtime. We ate twice at The Pergola a la carte and were delighted both times, we ate at the Love Boat (extra charge) and really enjoyed it.
The down side is the sales people who can be very persistent, one man who was selling diving and swimming with dolphins trips invited me to throw myself off the cliff when I objected to his pestering me, the spa staff are persistent but friendly, I resorted to lying and telling them I would love their service but did not have enough money left so I was soon left alone.
We were in room 1910 which had an excellent garden view and was adequate for our needs, the room attendant was friendly and made designs out of the towels surrounded by red flower petals and a small tip at the beginning and middle of our stay ensured extra water bottles and sachets of coffee.
Another splendid holiday, and looking forward to the next one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple