“fabulous hotel”

Ranked #104 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“fabulous hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Dreams beach is a good hotel to stay at.My family and me have stayed there for a week.From the first day,the staff were courteous and helpful during my stay .Food and service were excellent.
My room was lovely big room and the sea view was perfect. we really had a good time there .
In the morning ,there are a lot of activities you can do . You can go swimming or diving.If you want to relax ,you can go for a sauna or a massage in the hotel .there is a lot of entertainment in the evening every night so i was never bored. I had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.It's a great place to spend your holiday in.

Written by: Nada Mohamed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank nada_fathy
DreamsResortsEgypt, Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
It gave us a great pleasure to have you as our guest.
This is to express our deepest appreciation for your review, which will help us to extend our best service and the desirable hospitality for your comfort.
All the staff of Dreams Resorts will remain at your entire disposal to make your visits in future to our Resort unforgettable.

Thank you very much once more for your time & your feedback.

Hoping to see you back very soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Just returned from Dreams Beach after my 12th visit in 5 years. Once again had fantastic holiday. Staff very friendly. Variety of food to suit all tastes in the various restaurants.
Animation team try very hard to get people involved in activities and put on some interesting evening shows. Have made many friends there from all countries. Rooms are very spacious and cleaned every day and towels changed daily. Bus provided on evening for a nominal fee to go into Narma Bay. Taxi's are available should you need one at a reasonable charge.

Room Tip: If you have any requests ie room with sea view or twin beds preferred to double the administration s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rongar961

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Dreams beach resort on 1st April 2014 at 19.30,to be greeted by friendly reception staff(not to last very long),we checked in and then we where shown our room,number 1 of 3.
Room 1....on main route at the side of restaurant on ground floor,looked out of patio door to be greeted by large speakers and main seating area for outside bar....at this point was asked to be moved as we wanted a relaxing holiday and didn't want to be disturbed by hoards of people going for breakfast and having to listen to loud music.
Room 2 .... Moved upstairs to new room,door lock didn't work had to wait for house cleaner to clean room although plenty of other rooms empty on resort,stains on walls and units don't want to describe it as I'm not a health and safety inspector.
Room 3 ... At last got put into a semi clean room although bathrooms in all 3 rooms are horrible need ripping out and starting again,this room still not clean lipstick stain on quilt mucky units at this point we gave in and went to the restaurant.
THE RESTAURANT.
Where do I begin,we walked in to be greeted by the the maître de very nice man and courteous showed us around the dining area explained all the different cooking areas and left us to it.
Well all the meat was dry and just edible,the veg looked like it had been recycled several times and the deserts looked nice but no flavour(playdo has a better flavour)
At Breakfast
Walked in had a look around hoping the cleaning pixies had been in and the magic elves had taught the chefs how to prepare basic food..well how wrong I was.
Outside area,chef cooking omelettes,looked behind him I have never so much dust and grease and broken machinery in my life,got my omelette and went to sit down with drinking bar behind me it had wine bottles sat on the shelf that had probably sat on there since hotel had opened coke machine the same thing looked absolutely disgusting considering its in a main food eating area.
The pots that held all the sauces/jams had bit chips out of them and you could see the dirt build up, stainless steel areas where food stations where the previous night still had food remains on them.
I dread to to think if the outside cooking areas are like this what does the main kitchen look like?

The beach....there isn't one,well one that is naturally made
Hotel is situated on top of a cliff and they have cut out of rock face lots of stairs and man made sun lounge areas.
Although this is the best part of hotel very clean and areas well maintained by garden staff.
Sea is rough although there are snorkelling areas but if you lose track while you are out there you could easily be smacked into the rock face.
If you are a first time visitor to this hotel you are given a blue wrist band and the discrimination begins.
Sorry you can't have this you can't have that you have booked the wrong all inclusive package ?????......and here it comes......
YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WATER.
That was just the icing on the cake.
By 10.30 the next morning we checked out and believe you me we won't be going back,and to all those people that keep going back time after time TAKE OFF YOUR BLINKERS and seriously take time to have a good look around.
You know what they say it takes a fresh pair of eyes.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aclass1000
DreamsResortsEgypt, Front Office Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest.
First of all, let me take this opportunity to thank you for your time and your feedback.
We are deeply sorry that you have experienced any negative points and the holiday did not live up to your expectations.
Actually, your feedback is not only so important to us but also a very helpful tool to measure the level of service quality we extend to our guests.
We have read carefully and with great interest all your feedback points regarding your stay and they have been noted and will pass them on to the concerned department for corrective actions.
Hoping to see you again in our Dreams Resort promising to replace that negative experience with very positive one and to make your stay as memorable as we can.

Essam Khairy
Front Office Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The location of this hotel is beautiful, and the beaches well cared for, clean, and safe. Rooms are clean, large and comfortable. The spa is very good, as is the beauty parlour. Location wise, it is close enough to Namma Bay to be able to get a return taxi for around £6-8, taking just two minutes each way. The hotel itself is in a quiet, tranquil location, and very well maintained. Stunning.

The food was varied, always fresh, well cooked and of high quality. The all inclusive deal was fantastic value for money, with endless cocktails and lovely local wine.

What really makes this hotel is the staff. They were incredibly friendly, courteous and thoughtful. There are probably more plush, "five star proper" resorts, but I would be amazed if there were any as safe, friendly and relaxed as Dreams Beach. The hotel, beach, pool area were kept very clean.

I was there for a few days on my own, as was my friend, and we were both taken care of and well looked after. We were both reassured that we had friends there looking out for us. There were too many helpful, kind people to mention each by name.

I really don't understand the few negative comments about this hotel. Having stayed in many lovely hotels with work and on holiday, I can honestly say that this is one of the nicest, not least because of the staff. What is a pity is that the hotel has noticed a decline in British tourists over the past few years, meaning that there are fewer staff than there used to be. Yet the hotel is well managed and adequately staffed for the number of guests. It would be lovely though if the British tourists came back and the hotel was then able to invest in its team and in upgrading - although the hotel is just fine as it is for now, it deserves to be able to get even better.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to my fellow Scots - and a very warm welcome awaits you there.

Room Tip: Sea view, corner rooms are lovely - great views and large balconies. Quiet, too.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Amanda M

Hull, East Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Dreams beach in September 2012 and had a great time during our two week stay, so we decided to visit again for our Honeymoon. I can't actually praise this hotel enough: the staff, the food, the atmosphere, the beach - all fantastic!!

A lot has changed since our last visit, but I'm not sure whether this is just because of the season? (We arrived 10 March, which we were told by staff was the last week of the Egyptian winter.) The hotel was absolutely dead first week, but this was ideal for us as honeymooners! Again, we were treat like royalty - fruit basket the day after our arrival and the cleaner picked fresh flowers for our room most days (and gave us extra stock in our mini bar). However, there was a downside to there not being many guests, mainly that the al a carte restaurants were closed. (Which were absolutely superb during our last visit, so we were a little disappointed.) The second week was a lot busier, but in the grand scheme of things it's still really quiet for such a big hotel. I am pleased to report that the Mexican and Steak house (My Place) had re-opened before we left. The Mexican is not currently (or is no longer) a chargeable restaurant. Instead, it is a four course set menu, with three or four options for each course, barring desert for which there is only the one option. We weren't informed of this when we made our reservation, so was a teeny bit disappointed but, as per usual, the food itself was delicious so I soon cheered up! ;oP *Top tip - don't choose the soup for your starter! You get soup as a first course regardless, followed by your chosen starter.* As far as I know, Asia House is still closed and still chargeable.

This time round, we did book at the Italian (Pergola) and the Grill House for evening meals. These are free and are a set menu. Amazing quality and service, considering there is no charge whatsoever! You get a whopping five courses at the Pergola and four at the Grill House. The Grill House was our personal favourite - beautiful, really tasty food, but still a much more laid back atmosphere compared to the Pergola. At the Pergola, you know exactly what you're eating before you get there - it's open three times per week and the menu is different on each day. You just book whichever day / menu suits you best. However, the Grill House (being BBQ) will just ask what you want before you get there. Soup is served with gorgeous flatbread, you get your salad from the buffet (if you want it), then your main is served to your table, then pick your dessert from a selection (again buffet style). The main choices are steak or lamb, chicken, fish or calamari. I have to admit, the food exceeded my expectations. I expected a big hunk of meat with not much else, but nope - the lamb is four succulent cutlets in lush sauce, with rice and veggies. The steak is spiced (delicately) and comes with a pot of sauce, which again is lovely, with rice and veggies. As as I said before, can't praise the food enough!

The main buffet restaurant has LOADS of choice - even more choice than our last visit, as they have added three extra live cooking stations in the adjoining terrace, as well as a "diet corner". So there are now five live cooking stations outside, including pasta (pretty much whatever pasta you fancy) and fries, a meat option and veg, rice and fish options. There's salad and bread indoors, as well as soup and a selection of hot meals and yummy cakes. The all inclusive here really is incredible - I can't understand why people complain about the food! We ate very well and always found something tasty.

At the mo there's not much you can do excursion wise, due to the conflict out there. Be careful with excursions offered by salesmen on site - lovely guys, great to talk to, but if you set one foot in the Sinai you're in breach of the agreement with the foreign office and you'll invalidate your holiday insurance, should you need to use it. You can still do scuba, boat trips, submarines etc - all fine. You can also do Cairo by plane.

Same advice applies as per my previous review in regards to water, money etc. Happy to report that this is our second stay and again, no tummy upsets.

Planning to come back for our first anniversary, bringing family with us this time. I can't wait to get there again - we only left on Monday!!

Thanks for another amazing holiday Dreams Beach. It really does feel like coming home and we can't wait to be back!! xx

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie C

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is the 7th time we have been to this hotel and yet again it was perfect. As a family we had a wonderful time. The room was clean and tidy, and nothing was too much trouble for the room boys. The staff couldn't do enough for us to make our holiday complete. On entering the dining room you can't fail to find something to tickle your taste buds. Overall I would recommend this hotel to any one. The hotel has a number of Eastern European guests and at times they are less than polite. The staff enjoy the more polite British, as it gives them a chance to engage with the guests. I can't wait to return again in July and November.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jaynemcfc01

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have just returned from our 4th visit to this hotel over the previous 2 years. It is an amazing place and we are already planning our 5th visit in August. The Staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and there is plenty of choice regarding food. My only comment would be this is a 4* in Egypt and not Mexico or America, keep that in mind when choosing to visit Egypt - to me the most wonderful country in the world!!

Room Tip: If you want the quietest areas select the rooms closest to the beach and children's pool. room 3...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 693Kaz
Dear Guest

Thank you very much once more for your time & your feedback.

Hoping to see you back very soon.

Essam Khairy